100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Best 3 Wheel Push Cart?

I am going to buy a 3 wheeled push cart and I am looking for opinions on the best one. I am currently looking at the Callaway. Is the Sun Mountain one really worth the extra $60?

Thanks

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I like the clicgear cart personally. I would get that one if I was getting a cart.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    who makes the callaway? (I am assuming its just branded by them) I like my bag boy, but I can see a sun mountain (or something even better if it exists) in my future.
    Andrew

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I just got a Clicgear for Xmas, and while I haven't got a chance to try it out, the thing is AWESOME! I liked my old one, but at almost 6' 5" I found it a little low and I was hunched over pushing it. The Clicgear sits up nice and high and folds down incredibly small in a fraction of the time.

My only concern right now is the color. I think I'm gonna change it up.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I have looked at the Clickgear---great design and function. My only thoughts are that it folds up rather large---vs long and narrow. The other point is its weight.(for women) We can put 4 bags and 4 bag-boy 3/wheelers in the trunk-----I am sure it would only be 2/2 with the Clickgear
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Isn't one of the huge features of the clicgear the fact that it folds down dimensionally the smallest of all the 3 wheelers?
    Andrew

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar

Carts

I have had many carts, I and many of my freinds have settled on the sun mountian (V1) push cart, well worth the extra cash for ease in pushing and durabilty, also parts look like they will be available for many years to come if you ever require repair.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    I am going to buy a 3 wheeled push cart and I am looking for opinions on the best one. I am currently looking at the Callaway. Is the Sun Mountain one really worth the extra $60?

Thanks
    I wouldnt cheap out on the cart. I've got a Sun Mountain and love it.
    Best design IMHO.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar
    http://www.clicgear.com/

The Clicgear is by far the best as compact wise.
    I was one of the first to get one and I don't regret it.

Callaways are likely made by Bagboy and as far as size it's nothing compare to Clicgear. They are also built on a thin metal fream and they seem not as solid as the competition.

Sunmountain is not a bad choice either but im very satisfy with clicgear.
    Chip

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar

Clicgear

Yes it is.

It's the most compact you can get.

24 inches tall when fold.

I don't even have to fold down my back seats to put it in my Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Isn't one of the huge features of the clicgear the fact that it folds down dimensionally the smallest of all the 3 wheelers?
    Chip

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    has to be the sun mountain speeder
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

9 Iron speedoodler is on a distinguished road speedoodler's Avatar
    just got a clicgear....too cold to use it, but have put it up and down a few times,,,,,easy, looks durable and rolls nicely....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Gotta put my 2 cents in here, Bagboy has the best customer service, I have had my SC525 for 4 years now and have broken 2 brakes, 2 wheel cables, storage compartment door and unmbrella holder. All parts were sent to me at no charge and my cart is as good as new. No air tires and it has been pushed for over 200 games.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Sunmountain - 'nuff said

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Sun Mountain. Been knocked over, tipped over, run away down an enbankment, pheumatic tires never need pumping after the first top up in the spring. Just remember, don't trust the factory front wheel alighment. Last year the prices dropped after Christmas. I envy the guys that had the patience to stand in line for one at Chuck Brown's going-out-of-business sale.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Push Cart

Thanks everyone. I think I will wait for the after X-Mas sales and probably go for the Sun Mountain.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipandput View Post
    Yes it is.

It's the most compact you can get.

24 inches tall when fold.

I don't even have to fold down my back seats to put it in my Matrix.
    It takes up 2.3 cubic feet when folded---the 3 wheel bag boy----not the real expensive one, 1.9 cubic feet in a long form
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Sun Mountain. Been knocked over, tipped over, run away down an enbankment, pheumatic tires never need pumping after the first top up in the spring. Just remember, don't trust the factory front wheel alighment. Last year the prices dropped after Christmas. I envy the guys that had the patience to stand in line for one at Chuck Brown's going-out-of-business sale.
    Sun Mountain (V1), as stated above and I have had mine 3 years now.
    Total repairs, one brake cable (bought from a bike shop for $1) and one flat tire repair done using my bike patch repair kit. squawks, it is big in the trunk of the car.

There is a new Bag Boy model out called the Compact 600 that looks pretty nice.

However after pushing the sun mountain & the clicgear around golf town, I think I am going to upgrade my bag boy express to a clicgear this season.
    Andrew

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Opening up an old thread...........

I'm looking at takingthe plunge into carting and looking at the Clicgear 2.0 and the SM V1. Anyone have any updated thoughs on the Clicgear? Also looking for either one used if anyone has one for sale...........

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Opening up an old thread...........

I'm looking at takingthe plunge into carting and looking at the Clicgear 2.0 and the SM V1. Anyone have any updated thoughs on the Clicgear? Also looking for either one used if anyone has one for sale...........
    They are both good carts (I have the SM while a buddy has the clicgear)

IMO the SM is the better of the two BUT the Clicgear does close up smaller for storage.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Golf Pigette of the Year 09, 10, 11 IRON MAIDEN is on a distinguished road IRON MAIDEN's Avatar
    Clic Cart is the best - we now own two. The best "side" feature ( besides being great on the course) is that is collapses into the smallest package of any of the carts.

We have last year's models however.......from what I have seen of this year's model, the wheels no longer inflate........they are hard plastic. Something to consider......

Have fun shopping!

IM
    It's a matter of golf or death

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Went with the Clicgear, it was the only one that a stand bag could stay on without the legs flying everywhere, plus it was light and compact when you fold it up. Can't believe how much these things cost though.

Bouche
    ya there like 250-300 right?

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I couldn't get a used clic gear cart for less than 180 including the shipping so I bought a new one for 200 dollars with free shipping. It's a nice cart and can carry a lot of weight with no trouble. I still can't believe how small it folds up to.

Well, I waited & looked for an upgrade from my bag boy, and have settled on a sweet black sunmountain V1. (thanks again mcgoo) & I will say it is good. Mine came with the seat, which at first I thought was an option I wouldn't use, but when I played with it, I realized the seat is pretty valuable. The clic gear is more modern looking, and folds up smaller, but I am really happy with my purchase.
    Andrew

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I have a Sun Mountain V1 and I love it (they've tweaked it a bit so the 'new' V1 has a couple of small changes), but if I were looking right now I would give serious considereation to the Clicgear 2.0. The wheels are wider and flatter, so it will travel better on soft ground and through the rough. That being said, the Sun Mountain is as solid as they come.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Sun Mountain is a very good cart. Just received my new Clickgear, designed and commercially introduced to the world by a student at BCIT in British Columbia. I am such a Nationalist I had to support. Will play with it for the first time tomorrow, but I am already missing my Sun Mountain seat. Usually the benches are at the white tees and, the long ball players I play with play blue. so I now I can't rest. And waiting for Lefty Lucas to go through his pre-shot routine on the fairway, without a seat to yoga on, is sure to add stokes to my rounds with him.

I would ask Sakuraba for the seat back but Clickgear is not seat friendly (already phoned the distributer and complained). Anyway, if Sakuraba uses the seat he will be sitting on his ankles (like those folks do in Asia on TV, can't figure out how they do it without a Sun Mountain seat).

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Figured I'd rehash this thread and see if people were still happy with their clic gear or sun mountain carts. I'm going to get a 3 wheeler and am torn between the two models. I know I voted clic gear in the second post, but pushing them around, the sun mountain seems to have a better ride. For those of you with the clic gear 2.0 carts, how do you find them with the non-inflatable wheels. Do they still push fairly easily? The compact size of the folded up clic gear is a great feature, but if it's not as easy to push, I'll probably just go with the sun mountain. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if anyone has one to sell, that could help make up my mind....

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    i
    have a clic 1.0, i LOVE it, love the wheels, i know many have said the new wheels are better, but i love the inflatable wheels, and really, only had to put air in them once last year, not like it is a big deal. i think it rolls smoother, and farther than the 2.0

having said that, the clic, either version, IMHO is the best, the size it folds up to is just amazing, friends have the sun mountain, and although it is nice, it is no where near as nice,

go for the clic

Thread Information