CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    under 35 deal....anyone know what that is?
    I'm wondering as well. There are reduced membership rates for "Under 30" and "31-35", but if they were waving the initiation then it would be something to consider.

As for $1,300 for 25 rounds, that's pretty stingy. Call it $50 for RCGA Membership and $100 for club storage and you're still looking at $46 a round. I wonder if you get to play in all the club tournaments?
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Looking at the fee schedule, it seems like there is only an initiation fee for the regular and associate memberships, which I assume would mean that the 'under 35' categories have no such fee.

At 900 dollars for a student, plus 500 in bar tab, I don't think there's any way I could not sign up, despite the long drive.

The only other question would be playing privileges, which I didn't see. Sometimes they put in whacky restrictions for students, so I'd have to check that out.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    I'm wondering as well. There are reduced membership rates for "Under 30" and "31-35", but if they were waving the initiation then it would be something to consider.

As for $1,300 for 25 rounds, that's pretty stingy. Call it $50 for RCGA Membership and $100 for club storage and you're still looking at $46 a round. I wonder if you get to play in all the club tournaments?
    RCGA memberships are ususally only about $20 or so. Depends on the size of the club mind you but $50 is really steep. Club storage at places I have seen charge for it is around $75. I figure you're looking at $50/round for sure.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Here is a reply from them.

Hi Steven,
    We have various opportunity in 2008 and different rates depending on your age. We do have special for 35 years and younger like we had last year. We have also developed a 25 round membership at $1,300 with no initiation fees required.
    The regular membership is set at $2,450 and there is an initiation fee of $1,000. I would like to have the opportunity to talk to you over the phone so I can explain in full details what would the best option for be for.

Please call at the number below; I'll in and out of my office all day today and tomorrow.

Yes of course, the rates have not yet been changed on our web site but they are remaining the same as they were after March 15th. The only new thing is the 25 round membership at $1,300. Full members' privileges which includes RCGA handicap card, Club storage, 5 days tee times reservation and all of the other privileges.
    Definitely not worth $1300. The people I was talking to were under the impression that there were no restrictions. The buy rounds in advance option has always been there with a book of 20 rounds for $1000, so I don't see what is so special about this if it is the deal they were talking about.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Looking at the fee schedule, it seems like there is only an initiation fee for the regular and associate memberships, which I assume would mean that the 'under 35' categories have no such fee.

At 900 dollars for a student, plus 500 in bar tab, I don't think there's any way I could not sign up, despite the long drive.

The only other question would be playing privileges, which I didn't see. Sometimes they put in whacky restrictions for students, so I'd have to check that out.
    I'm not sure if the Student category is actually for students with a valid ID or for anyone in the 19 to 25 age range. I'm only 24 and if I could get in as a student with no initiation fee, it would be real hard to pass up on. I think I'll have to e-mail them regarding this.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    psst: hoolio: did I mention that you can join renfrew next year for $750? tax in!

I can't believe its so cheap. & they won't ask you for ID because its applicable to any new member. unrestricted playing priveledges and no initiation?

I'm not sayin' you should join next year... I'm just sayin'... go here: http://www.renfrewgolf.com/Rates/Rates.htm
    I guess this is total thread jacking by an admitted renfrew fan-boy.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    That is an outstanding deal. I wish Renfrew wasn't so far, I love that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    psst: hoolio: did I mention that you can join renfrew next year for $750? tax in!
    There's an overwhelming lack of surprise on my face that you chimed in here.

The fact is that if I leave work before 3pm I can be at Outaouais in about 25 mins, it would take me at least 3 times as long to make it to Renfrew leaving at the same time. Not only would I make up the difference in gas money, but I'd end up playing a lot more golf.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Fair enough. get a Pruis. I promise I won't make fun of you. & leave work at 2pm.

Is there any difference between an Outaouais membership and an Outaouais Membershi^p?
    Andrew

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    That is not much of a deal--no kidding. Even with Executive Golf it costs 40.00 to play which includes a cart; that is not bad----but when there is walking allowed on the course but you are forced to take a cart there is only one reason for it. -It is a great price for some that have trouble walking but for people that are capable it sure puts a bad taste in your mouth. I love playing the course but I can hit the same ball somewhere else-for 1/2 the price.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 12-27-2007 at 03:01 PM.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Has Outaouais changed to mandatory carts? If so, I would have to think twice about a membership.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    That is not much of a deal--no kidding. Even with Executive Golf it costs 40.00 to play which includes a cart; that is not bad----but when there is walking allowed on the course but you are forced to take a cart there is only one reason for it. -It is a great price for some that have trouble walking but for people that are capable it sure puts a bad taste in your mouth. I love playing the course but I can hit the same ball somewhere else-for 1/2 the price.
    BTW... You are not forced to take a cart. I don't know where you heard that.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    Chris, I believe he is saying that if you book through Executive Golf or the likes, a cart is mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    I believe he is referring to the Corporate Memberships. The companies that buy them don't give their members a reduce non-cart rate because it would cut into their revenue. Green Fee-ers are free to walk to the course, and so are the corporate members, but it really just feels like you are throwing money away when you do that.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I believe he is referring to the Corporate Memberships. The companies that buy them don't give their members a reduce non-cart rate because it would cut into their revenue.
    Hoolio, that is that is not true. The course sets these regulations. It is not up to the corp provider.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Hoolio, that is that is not true. The course sets these regulations. It is not up to the corp provider.
    It is my understanding that in this case, the board of directors at Outaouais 'placated' the membership that were ** because some green fee players were paying only $20 by making the rental of a power cart mandatory. The membership felt that if they were being assessed extra annual dues because of financial shortfalls, then green fee players should not be paying less.

If your a member, it sure makes sense but unfortunately, they have now lost most of those reduced green fees and now the spots are just empty so there is $0 coming in for thoses spots. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Not quite what I meant. I know the course is providing a rate that includes the cart, I'm just saying that the companies don't provide a non-cart rate because they wouldn't be getting anything back from the course. I'm sure you can go to the course and opt-out of the cart, but why would you?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I'm just saying that the companies don't provide a non-cart rate because they wouldn't be getting anything back from the course.
    A corp membership that includes cart does not allow for any slack days. It is not that the corp provider profits from the carts, it's the exact opposite. The spots cost a lot more and that expense is wasted when when they are not 100% used.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I'm trying to say the same thing as you, but I'm not very bright.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hi fellas--what I am saying is if we book with EG--we pay 40.00 which includes cart. I am not sure if there are others (Corporate Golf-Reservation Masters etc) have memberships there or what their rates are. The 40.00 rate is a decent rate for golfers that "require" a car but for those of us that have the ability to walk and enjoy the exercise we have to pay cart rental whether we use it or not---I just don't feel its right --that's all.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information