CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Only problem with the Isle suspension is that they are paying him.........that isn't very punitive IMO
    What to hell, it keeps him off the ice....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    30 is a little weak IMO given his history........he should have been gone for the remainder of the season
    I agree, i really would have liked to see either a year, or life. Simon was the perfect guy to be made an example of. He is in the twilight of his career, and an 8 time offender. In society, its 3 strikes and your out, but in the NHL its, "at least 9 strikes and your out"!! I think 30 is a joke even if its the longest suspension ever, the league never had a Chris Simon before... someone who has no regard for his fellow player.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    In society, its 3 strikes and your out, but in the NHL its, "at least 9 strikes and your out"!! I think 30 is a joke even if its the longest suspension ever, the league never had a Chris Simon before... someone who has no regard for his fellow player.
    Awesome points and well said

I agree, i really would have liked to see either a year, or life. Simon was the perfect guy to be made an example of. He is in the twilight of his career, and an 8 time offender. In society, its 3 strikes and your out, but in the NHL its, "at least 9 strikes and your out"!! I think 30 is a joke even if its the longest suspension ever, the league never had a Chris Simon before... someone who has no regard for his fellow player.
    Well said Dave

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Awesome points and well said
    WOW, now i know the answer to the question the Black Eyed Peas asked, "Where is the love??" It's right here baby!!

WOW, now i know the answer to the question the Black Eyed Peas asked, "Where is the love??" It's right here baby!!
    Ya but put a pair of skates on the guy and he becomes Atilla the Hun

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Chris Simon has been suspended alot but look who else is up there.Another Chris must be in the name Chris.Here is a list of Chris Prongers suspensions.

With Anaheim, one playoff game for hit to the head of Ottawa C Dean McAmmond.
    With Anaheim, one playoff game for elbow to the head of Detroit F Tomas Holmstrom.
    With St. Louis, one regular-season game for kicking Calgary F Ville Nieminen.
    With St. Louis, two regular-season games for cross-checking Dallas F Brenden Morrow.
    With St. Louis, one game for leaving bench for altercation for Atlanta F Kelly Buchberger.
    With St. Louis, four games for high-sticking Phoenix C Jeremy Roenick.
    With St. Louis, four games for slashing Washington F Pat Peake.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Only problem with the Isle suspension is that they are paying him.........that isn't very punitive IMO
    Now that the NHL has officially suspended him he should not draw his salary for those 30 missed games.

At least that is the way I understand suspensions in the NHL are handled. What is the point of suspending a player if he sits at home collecting his weekly salary from his team?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Chris Simon has been suspended alot but look who else is up there.Another Chris must be in the name Chris.Here is a list of Chris Prongers suspensions.

With Anaheim, one playoff game for hit to the head of Ottawa C Dean McAmmond.
    With Anaheim, one playoff game for elbow to the head of Detroit F Tomas Holmstrom.
    With St. Louis, one regular-season game for kicking Calgary F Ville Nieminen.
    With St. Louis, two regular-season games for cross-checking Dallas F Brenden Morrow.
    With St. Louis, one game for leaving bench for altercation for Atlanta F Kelly Buchberger.
    With St. Louis, four games for high-sticking Phoenix C Jeremy Roenick.
    With St. Louis, four games for slashing Washington F Pat Peake.
    And take notice of the weak suspensions right here boys and girls. WHY? Is it because Pronger is a Super Star and Simons is not?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    And take notice of the weak suspensions right here boys and girls. WHY? Is it because Pronger is a Super Star and Simons is not?
    And also because none of these came during the NHL's crackdown. And, again, let's not be comparing apples to oranges here. Nothing Pronger has done has approached what Simon has done to earn his last two suspensions.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Now that the NHL has officially suspended him he should not draw his salary for those 30 missed games.

At least that is the way I understand suspensions in the NHL are handled. What is the point of suspending a player if he sits at home collecting his weekly salary from his team?
    That is correct, he will be forfeiting his salary for the duration of the suspension. I think Hacker was referring to the indefinite leave of absence/suspension given to him by the Islanders prior to the actual suspension by the league.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    That is correct, he will be forfeiting his salary for the duration of the suspension. I think Hacker was referring to the indefinite leave of absence/suspension given to him by the Islanders prior to the actual suspension by the league.
    You are correct jon

Thread Information