100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

What will Simon get?

During the game last night, Chris Simon pulled another idiotic move that they say could cost him between 20 and 30 games. I'm not going to look for a link to the infaction (I wil leave that to PEI ) but hen I saw the replay, it made me sick to my stomach and even Don Cherry asked them not to replay it on HNIC!

Simon wa pushing and shoving an opponent at the bench when the opponent fell to the ice... the refs got them all seperated and all of a sudden, Simon stomped the blade of his skate down on the players ankle......

Something tells me this could be a big one, maybe the rest of the season.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    First off, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36d6H92ADDc

I didn't see this on the "lowlights" from last night but WTF was Simon thinking?????

I'm with you Bob, given his past history for snapping he very well could be gone for a record number of games and quite possibly the rest of the season.............I've NEVER seen anything like that before

I wasn't able to find anything on the sports sites about it and I have no idea how the player is that he did it to. I do know he got a match penalty for the infraction so it will be reviewed by the NHL. The commentators were saying that the NHL was just looking for a reason to get at him so this might be the one.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Were it up to me, this guy would never play another game in the NHL. He's out of control. He should thank his lucky stars that he's never been charged criminally and convicted for his actions.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Were it up to me, this guy would never play another game in the NHL. He's out of control. He should thank his lucky stars that he's never been charged criminally and convicted for his actions.
    I agree Mike. We hear his name mentioned in the negative aspect of hockey all too much.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Probably no more than 10 games because the guy he stepped was not injured. They should ban the guy for life because he will never learn.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I'm not going to look for a link to the infaction (I wil leave that to PEI ) but hen I saw the replay, it made me sick to my stomach and even Don Cherry asked them not to replay it on HNIC!
    Yes Simon deserves to get suspended and will be bigtime because of his past.

However, Don Cherry asked them not to replay it on HNIC...............GIVE ME A BIG DARN BREAK !!!!!! That stomp on his ankle was a heck of alot less serious than Pronger's elbow on Dean McCammond in last years Cup Final. Hits like that are potentially career ending..............
    Here it is to refresh some of your memories:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bJXgDCbICM

Oh but once again the NHL has the different rules for suspensions. One for the Goons and One for the "skilled Goons". And Don Cherry had nothing bad to say about his "beloved Pronger"...........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    yeah, and that is no where as bad as emery hitting laperrier in the face with his stick.

but only 3 games for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE0iBhNIB3k

Quote Originally Posted by nhwott5 View Post
    yeah, and that is no where as bad as emery hitting laperrier in the face with his stick.

but only 3 games for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE0iBhNIB3k
    Can not argue with that at all. Emery's hit to the face of laperriere is certainly more serious than Simon's little "tap dance".
    However, once again it was a "skilled" (Emery) "goon move" vs a Goon move (Simon).
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Simply disgusting! Out 1 year, I say!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm going to sound like a homer here, but a stick to the face is not as bad as a foot stomp. Does nobody remember Bieksa/s injury earlier this year? Deep cut to the back of the calf from a skate, and he's still far from returning. He could have easily inflicted a career ending injury. Let's not forget. Chris Simon hit him with a SKATE. Basically, the man took a Machete and swung it at the back of Ruutu's leg. The man should never see the ice again. This was not heat of the moment. This was not getting up, still groggy, and delivering a high stick. This was simply unexcusable, and the man has no place anywhere near a hockey rink, ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Yes Simon deserves to get suspended and will be bigtime because of his past.

However, Don Cherry asked them not to replay it on HNIC...............GIVE ME A BIG DARN BREAK !!!!!! That stomp on his ankle was a heck of alot less serious than Pronger's elbow on Dean McCammond in last years Cup Final. Hits like that are potentially career ending..............
    Here it is to refresh some of your memories:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bJXgDCbICM

Oh but once again the NHL has the different rules for suspensions. One for the Goons and One for the "skilled Goons". And Don Cherry had nothing bad to say about his "beloved Pronger"...........
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're out of your mind.

When you stomp on a guy with a skate, there is nothing there but intent to injure. In no way was that play at all related to the flow of the game. Both players were heading off the ice, and Simon took the time to stop and try to slice open the back of Ruutu's leg.

Pronger's hit was not clean, it was not excusable, but it was a hockey play, made in the flow of the game, and it is very difficult to say that it was malicious.

People are under-reacting to this play because they've become brainwashed to think that the only bad hits are hits to the head. "Hey, as long as it's not a hit to the head, who cares. You can't get seriously injured in the leg. That only happens to the head." Give me a break. This was the most brutal play I've seen in a long time. The man is a repeat offender. He should never see a professional hockey game again.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're out of your mind.
    I will now take back the nice compliments I made to you regarding pursuing law school........
    With personal attacks such as that...........

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I'm with jonf here. Atleast you can put the Pronger elbow into context as to why it happened, there is no excuse for what Simon did to Ruutu.

The Pronger hit appears to be anticipatory to the play and flattening McAmmond until you see McAmmond begin to dodge Pronger's shoulder, and Pronger continued to extend the elbow to slow him down. I don't condon the elbow, but it doesn't look like the original intent was to purposefully elbow him. It was reactionary to having McAmmond attempt to dodge him.

Ultimately, he maybe should have probably received a game or two at the worst. Not for the severity of what occurred, but just to intimidate the league a little.

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

I'm going to sound like a homer here, but a stick to the face is not as bad as a foot stomp. Does nobody remember Bieksa/s injury earlier this year? Deep cut to the back of the calf from a skate, and he's still far from returning. He could have easily inflicted a career ending injury. Let's not forget. Chris Simon hit him with a SKATE. Basically, the man took a Machete and swung it at the back of Ruutu's leg. The man should never see the ice again. This was not heat of the moment. This was not getting up, still groggy, and delivering a high stick. This was simply unexcusable, and the man has no place anywhere near a hockey rink, ever again.
    Yeah, but Simon was stepping on his ankle. The blade is not going to penetrate the skate boot. Big Difference.

Here is a stick to the face you may remember...............Oh yeah its not as bad as Simon's "tap-dance".............
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imkXQ...eature=related

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Def. not good. The play was dead and there was no in the heat of battle going on at all. I'm usually pretty liberal with the dirty stuff but although he didn't jump in the air and stomp the guy the intent to injure was clear. With his pass record he should be done for the year. The others, everyone is bringing up is not in the same category imo because it was while the play was going and the heart was pumping. This was nothing more then Simon trying to take someone out.
    I do believe that there is a double standard throughout the league but this one is pretty clear that the league has to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Def. not good. The play was dead and there was no in the heat of battle going on at all. I'm usually pretty liberal with the dirty stuff but although he didn't jump in the air and stomp the guy the intent to injure was clear. With his pass record he should be done for the year. The others, everyone is bringing up is not in the same category imo because it was while the play was going and the heart was pumping. This was nothing more then Simon trying to take someone out.
    What about all the hockey fights that occur after the whistle. Play is dead, so there is no heat of the battle........................

What about all the hockey fights that occur after the whistle. Play is dead, so there is no heat of the battle........................
    All hockey fights 'start' in the heat of the battle IMHO......

This is a new era! lol! I agree 100%!

If they don't start in the heat of battle then there is at least an agreement between to tough guys to drop the mitts and duke it out. Look at McGratton and Big George the other night, to tough guys who agreed to go at it, McGratton hurt his shoulder, George felt it and let up. He didn't stomp on him as McGratton hit the ice.

No many fights "physically" start (meaning punches thrown) after the whistle.
    The Yapping and some pushes may occur before the whistle IMHO...........

True, but what leads to the fight is usually something that happens during play and the heat of battle spills over. I don't even know why we're talking about fighting? Two guys going toe -to-toe is much different in everyway then someone stomping on a players ankle who is down on the ice.

No many fights "physically" start (meaning punches thrown) after the whistle.
    The Yapping and some pushes may occur before the whistle IMHO...........
    Yup, that is accurate... and that is why I see it as in the heat of the battle because it is just a continuation of the on ice 'play'

Yup, that is accurate... and that is why I see it as in the heat of the battle because it is just a continuation of the on ice 'play'
    Yup.........and also accurate is that what made Simon angry during the heat of the battle continued after the whistle when he was frustrated and "tap-danced" with the skate. He should certainly be suspended but I have seen much worse.........

What about a few "high profile" Russian players who kick with their skates at other players shins..............Any young Superstars come to mind..........................
    I will let you think about that one...............................Last name starts with "O"

Yeah, but Simon was stepping on his ankle. The blade is not going to penetrate the skate boot. Big Difference.

Here is a stick to the face you may remember...............Oh yeah its not as bad as Simon's "tap-dance".............
    actually , simon stepped on his skated foot.

no ttjat that excuses it, i say 10 games intent to injure for this.

IMO stick infractoins are the worse, swining a stick to the head or face, well that is a weapon and deserves tyhe worse of the suspensions

Funny how I was responding to claims about Emery's stick to the face, not McSorley's.

Yup.........and also accurate is that what made Simon angry during the heat of the battle continued after the whistle when he was frustrated and "tap-danced" with the skate. He should certainly be suspended but I have seen much worse.........

What about a few "high profile" Russian players who kick with their skates at other players shins..............Any young Superstars come to mind..........................
    I will let you think about that one...............................Last name starts with "O"
    actually i would say his last name starts with an H

actually , simon stepped on his skated foot.

no ttjat that excuses it, i say 10 games intent to injure for this.

IMO stick infractoins are the worse, swining a stick to the head or face, well that is a weapon and deserves tyhe worse of the suspensions
    A sharp steel blade is as bad, if not worse than a stick. BOTH can do serious damage andd should not be allowed in the game.

Could not agree more..............

Here are some of the worst.............
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgPtwfsp3AU

Simon's "tap-dance" would not even register on this list of "heroes"..........

Funny how I was responding to claims about Emery's stick to the face, not McSorley's.
    No its not funny................

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I'm sorry fellas--you can make all the excuses you want--you can analyse the before and after play all you want-----but if a human being can't curb his temper and has to resort to using a foriegn object to harm someone or maim him---out he goes---what the hell is it going to take? Do we have to see someone actually get killed on prime-time before this is settled
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information