Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    WOW, they all used drugs?
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF View Post

Does that come as a shock to you?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Does that come as a shock to you?

AAAAhhhh.....hhhmmmm.....NO.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF View Post
    ALLEGED to have used drugs............

You know what?

WHAT?

I could care less if those cowboys fill their veins with dope. It isn't my body! Come on, if that guy cheats then this guy is going to cheat to keep up with that guy. The circle forms and fills in.

Does it really matter to you or me if a baseball player uses roids? I know it doesn't matter to me. As I said it is his body not mine.

People seem shocked about this incident.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I care if they are getting in the record books. What they do to their bodies is their problem. But if they are racking up points over someone who doesn't inject then I am totally against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    You know what?

WHAT?

I could care less if those cowboys fill their veins with dope. It isn't my body! Come on, if that guy cheats then this guy is going to cheat to keep up with that guy. The circle forms and fills in.

Does it really matter to you or me if a baseball player uses roids? I know it doesn't matter to me. As I said it is his body not mine.

People seem shocked about this incident.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hey Rick,

I know we shouldn't care about what they do with their body. I don't really care about record book neither but what I find sad is the border line player.

Take hockey, I know some players that are just on the cusp of the NHL. Some played in Europe for 10 to 12 years, some have quit hockey, some are still trying to make it playing in the AHL. How madening would that be if they discovered 10 years from now that most of the players they were competing against were taking steroid. I am sure you also know a few players that didn't make it to the NHL despite their talent and dedication.

I see name like FP Santangelo, Tim Lakers, Mike Lansing, etc... who were borderline players. I find it sad for the players that they beat out. The difference could be about $10 millions lifetime earning (if not more).

I don't really know what should be done but ....

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Hey Rick,

I know we shouldn't care about what they do with their body. I don't really care about record book neither but what I find sad is the border line player.

Take hockey, I know some players that are just on the cusp of the NHL. Some played in Europe for 10 to 12 years, some have quit hockey, some are still trying to make it playing in the AHL. How madening would that be if they discovered 10 years from now that most of the players they were competing against were taking steroid. I am sure you also know a few players that didn't make it to the NHL despite their talent and dedication.

I see name like FP Santangelo, Tim Lakers, Mike Lansing, etc... who were borderline players. I find it sad for the players that they beat out. The difference could be about $10 millions lifetime earning (if not more).

I don't really know what should be done but ....
    Nah I don't buy into that theory. Those guys on the edge look into the window and know what is going on above them. They can juice up too if they decide to do so. If they think it will further their career you can bet they'd do it. Otherwise they get left behind.

It is sad really when you think about that athletes do that to further a career.

But it is happening, it has been happening for years.

As for records. I could care less if Joe Smoe scored 150 goals in the NHL this season. I could care less if Jack Smack hit 120 home runs last season.

People pay big bucks to see high end athletes perform, bottom line. People go to a ball game to see home runs, not hit and run plays. People go to hockey games to see goals scored, not a 1-1 tie after 60 minutes. People go to football games to see dazzling runs, big passes and bone crushing hits.

The sporting world is being driven by big bucks. Hence the drugs involved to perform at those levels. As I said it is sad to see it happen but it happened.

Look at the LPGA and PGA. They are concerned about the same issue in their sport. Golf has always been the "CLEAN SPORT" other than smoking and alcohol. Now the tours are concerned. Why all of a sudden are they concerned? Surely not because of Gary Player's rant about drugs.

I think John Daly has been on growth hormones since he won the PGA years ago. I mean look at how much he has grown

Thread Information