CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Rumour- Chateau Cartier

Rumour has it that the CC will be turned into a time share and that the course will eventually be turned into an executive golf course
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Well, it was short enough to be an executive already. Too bad though, closest one to my office and it was with Reservation Masters!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Not sure I would jump the gun to quickly in believing this one! They have been undergoing major room remodelling in the past few months and they are not conducive to time shares as built. This would require they spend several more millions of dollars to retrofit them for time sharing purposes.

Its hard to believe they would have spent all that money to improve the facilities only to remodel again so soon.

Just my 2¢
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Wow, that's intelligent Bob. All this meditation is doing you good!!!!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Wow, that's intelligent Bob. All this meditation is doing you good!!!!!!
    Hmmmm I have never seen those 2 words used in the same sentence!

Can I have some of what your smoking Donny?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    For some of you who are more mature and can remember the Golden years of the Chaudiere golf course, it was one of the best courses at the time with some 500 members or so.A lot of good players came from that course and moved on to other courses after it became a resort.Too bad i always liked the Chateau and it is not an executive course by no means.I hope we will be able to play there for a while.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Hopefully the rumour won't come true. My source told me January. I called to enquire about booking a room Feb 28Th and the attendant did not turn me down and gave me the rates.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    My wife worked there for 7 years and left in July. The new set-up is that investors will be allowed to purchase rooms and will receive revenue from the daily rentals and special rates when they want to stay there. As for the golf course I had not heard anything like converting it to an Executive style. I heard that the course would be revamped but as a regulatr 18 holes. I would also not expect the golf to begin anytime soon as I beleive the room plans are already quite a bit behind. There were also supposed to build a new tower to house additional bedrooms by now but that has not happened either. There are several partners in that group and as always decisions take time.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    If any changes are being considered, they should start by getting marshalls on the course. I played CC at least 6 times this summer (weekday & weekends), no trace of a marshall at any time, aside from the starters. The pace of play was a joke.
    A big shame, because the course is very nice.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That's strange. I have played there many times and they always have lots of very good marshals. I don't understand how your experience could be so different.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Me neither, I couldn`t believe it. I guess it must have been bad luck/timing...who knows?
    At any rate, it`s great to hear that this isn't the norm because I love the course and don`t want to give up on playing it.
    I'll pass along the info because a couple playing partners of mine, very heavy-heartedly, have sworn off playing there.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I played CC around 8-10 times last season and I did notice the same lack of marshals. I would have played it more but it gets really slow.. Yet, please note that I play after work weekdays.
    Last edited by 314314; 12-14-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: .

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    If you play weekends after noon it is usually slow and we always see a lot of marshalls but they cant do anything with the pace of play because it is a resort and they make there money with the hotel.Best time to play is early a.m. during the week.Played the course dozen s of times and always a 4 hour round and less.The advantage of playing early is if the group ahead of you is slow they will let you go by.Not the same when the course is full.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    My wife worked there for 7 years and left in July. The new set-up is that investors will be allowed to purchase rooms and will receive revenue from the daily rentals and special rates when they want to stay there.
    A buddy of mine "owns" a suite in a Delta (I think) at Tremblant. What is described above precisely describes how things work for him. If Cartier does this, it should have zero impact on people wishing to stay at the hotel.

As for the golf course, I hope nothing changes...

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Just remodel and take out the tennis courts. I can't count how many times I bounced a ball of the first tee when I was a member at the Chaud.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Cc

Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    I played CC around 8-10 times last season and I did notice the same lack of marshals. I would have played it more but it gets really slow.. Yet, please note that I play after work weekdays.
    This has everything to do with the fact that it is a resort and they do not push anyone there so always expect a slow round unless your off early in the morn.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information