100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

2 years in jail for killing some dogs???

This sounds crazy to me. Black steals almost 6mil and gets 6.5 years. Vic kills a few dogs and gets 2 years? Does anyone else think this is much longer than it should have been?

This guys career is over. How can you be in jail for 2 years and ever get back into game shape?

PS I have dogs, I don't hate animals.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I believe that the sentence also had something to do with financing an illegal betting ring. Just a small detail...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    They're also saying that he would have had a lighter sentence had he just been up front and admitted his wrongdoing in the first place.

I hope one day that I get to wear my Vick jersey again. The guy deserves a second chance.

Oh, and Silly, what else is he going to do but workout???? He'll be in shape. I heard he'll probably come back as a running back or wideout, not a QB.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    This sounds crazy to me. Black steals almost 6mil and gets 6.5 years. Vic kills a few dogs and gets 2 years? Does anyone else think this is much longer than it should have been?

This guys career is over. How can you be in jail for 2 years and ever get back into game shape?
    No.

Who cares? The concept of paying the price for the stupid, selfish choices one makes is more important than watching someone play football. Unless there are those that feel the the "Devil made him do it," and he is not responsible for his actions. There are athletes in the public eye who (a) set up dog fights and illegal gambling rings or, (b) visit kids at the Children's Hospital. Simple choices. No sympathy here.

Baxter
    Agree 100% BC Mist....I hope he has to do every day of the 23 months...Will think about him when he gets out until than sit and stink in your new HOUSE....

Hope the Fed's nail him as well....Hope the other dummies learn something from this jerk.....

That being said I was a Vick fan and did enjoy watching him play in case some people think I just don't like Michael Vick...I just happen to like DOGS more.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i think the sentence is fitting... as far as comparing him to Black, well Black just got off easy. Vick will likely play again in the NFL, i think there are enough examples of players who do bad things and come back to the league. There are countless examples to choose from, he'll be booed for the first year in every stadium, then all will be forgotten... sadly that's the way it goes.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    They're also saying that he would have had a lighter sentence had he just been up front and admitted his wrongdoing in the first place.

I hope one day that I get to wear my Vick jersey again. The guy deserves a second chance.

Oh, and Silly, what else is he going to do but workout???? He'll be in shape. I heard he'll probably come back as a running back or wideout, not a QB.
    Hey Donny, was he ever a QB???? I thought he was an RB! Guy has one of the strongest arms and tightest spirals I've ever seen and yet rarely used it; Some of which had to do with his lack of receivers I know but I mean come on. Your a QB, throw first, run second.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    So what, you guys are saying that after he serves his sentence he doesn't deserve a second chance?? He did something very wrong, he is serving his time. And BC, Vick did visit children in hospitals, he donated to charities, he gave back to his old communities. But he made a very bad decision by not distancing himself from his old crew and not accepting the advice that prominent african americans tried to give him. He's now paying for that decision. When he comes back, I hope he's a change man that has learned from his mistakes and finds success again.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    i think the sentence is fitting... as far as comparing him to Black, well Black just got off easy. Vick will likely play again in the NFL, i think there are enough examples of players who do bad things and come back to the league. There are countless examples to choose from, he'll be booed for the first year in every stadium, then all will be forgotten... sadly that's the way it goes.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Hey Donny, was he ever a QB???? I thought he was an RB! Guy has one of the strongest arms and tightest spirals I've ever seen and yet rarely used it; Some of which had to do with his lack of receivers I know but I mean come on. Your a QB, throw first, run second.
    Hmmmm, sounds like he might be better suited to the CFL game.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    2 years for the dog deal--I'm OK with it--put up with the conequences of your actions--if his career is over--so be it. C. Black is an aragant SOB---6 1/2 years for ruining so many peoples lives and still keeping his homes--not nearly enough. Now tell me there is no separate justice for the "upper class". Before this is all over I will be surprised if he ever spends another day in jail---if he does---great.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    i think there are enough examples of players who do bad things and come back to the league.
    There sure is, check out this list from last year :

Jan. 28 Chris Henry Bengals Possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm, aggravated assault with a firearm
    Feb. 12 Terry "Tank" Johnson Bears Aggravated assault, resisting arrest (Charges were dropped.)
    March 26 Dhani Jones Eagles Failure to obey a lawful command
    April 14 Shaun Phillips Chargers Suspicion of obstructing or resisting an officer in the performance of his duty (No charges were filed.)
    April 21 Steve Foley Chargers Resisting arrest, drunken driving
    April 23 Ricky Manning Jr. Bears Assault
    April 23 Maurice Jones-Drew Jaguars Assault (Charge was dismissed.)
    April 23 Tyler Ebell Bears Assault (Charge was dropped.)
    May 12 Reuben Droughns Browns Domestic assault (Case was dropped.)
    May 26 Cory Rodgers Packers Unlawfully carrying a weapon and discharging a firearm
    June 3 Chris Henry Bengals DUI
    June 3 A.J. Nicholson Bengals Burglary, grand theft, vandalism
    June 14 Chris Henry Bengals Providing alcohol to three underaged females
    June 19 Santonio Holmes Steelers Domestic violence and assault (Judge dismissed charges.)
    June 20 Jabar Gaffney Patriots Unlawful possession of a handgun
    June 21 Frostee Rucker Bengals Vandalism, spousal battery
    June 23 Cortland Finnegan Titans DUI
    July 22 Matthias Askew Bengals Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, failure to comply with a police officer's order, obstructing justice (Acquitted Aug. 24.)
    July 22 John Gilmore Bears Trespassing, resisting arrest, possession of drug paraphernlia, possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana
    Aug. 5 Eric Steinbach Bengals Boating under the influence
    Aug. 6 Barrett Brooks Steelers Fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, driving at an unsafespeed and other traffic violations
    Aug. 25 Adam "Pacman" Jones Titans Disorderly conduct, public intoxication
    Aug. 15 Koren Robinson Vikings Drunken driving
    Sept. 2 Brian Williams Jaguars Drunken driving
    Sept. 3 Steve Foley Chargers DUI
    Sept. 25 Odell Thurman Bengals Drunken driving
    Sept. 26 Terrence Kiel Chargers Transporting a controlled substance; possession for sale of a controlled substance (codeine-based cough syrup)
    Oct. 3 B.J. Sams Ravens DUI (second DUI in 14 months)
    Oct. 9 Markus Curry Chargers Domestic assault
    Oct. 21 Rob Reynolds Titans Domestic violence, assault
    Oct. 22 Bobby McCray Jaguars Reckless driving, possession of a controlled substance (The drug charge was dropped.)
    Oct. 26 Adam "Pacman" Jones Titans Assault
    Nov. 11 Khalif Barnes Jaguars DWI
    Nov. 11 Marcus Coleman Cowboys DWI
    Nov. 14 Fred Weary Texans Resisting arrest (Judge dismissed the charge.)
    Nov. 19 Antonio Bryant 49ers DWI, reckless driving, resisting arrest
    Nov. 27 Cletis Gordan Chargers Suspicion of DWI
    Nov. 28 Adrian Jones Jets DWI
    Dec. 3 Reggie McNeal Bengals Resisting arrest and drug possession
    Dec. 9 Deltha O'Neal Bengals DWI
    Dec. 14 Terry "Tank" Johnson Bears Possession of a firearm without proper identification

Seems to me Vick is just one of the boys. Judging by the popularity of the NFL, few people have a problem with players breaking the law, as long as they deliver on game day.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    When he comes back, I hope he's a change man that has learned from his mistakes and finds success again.
    With this I agree.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    If anything ever happens to me and I need to be infront of a jury, I want Robert Pickton's jury.

How the hell a group of people can only agree to 2nd degree murder I'll never know. But it's nice to know you can ferret away bodies on your property for decades and only get 2nd degree, wow...thats fantastic! lol

As for the Vick sentence, I think it's fair. The reason he got hammered was because he denied it initially. Maybe this is foreshadowing for Barry (oh please oh please).

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

the only reason black got 6.5 years is because he is a member of the Bilderberg group
    willy

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    maybe when hes does done jail and the falcons dont want him back hell become a dolphin im allowed to dream that one day we might have a quarterback right? lol

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    If anything ever happens to me and I need to be infront of a jury, I want Robert Pickton's jury.

How the hell a group of people can only agree to 2nd degree murder I'll never know. But it's nice to know you can ferret away bodies on your property for decades and only get 2nd degree, wow...thats fantastic! lol

As for the Vick sentence, I think it's fair. The reason he got hammered was because he denied it initially. Maybe this is foreshadowing for Barry (oh please oh please).

Fallys
    aka Scott
    The only difference in the sentences for first and second degree murder is the fact that second degree murderers can apply for parole between 10 and 25 years time served.
    Somehow I doubt a parole board will grant Picton early parole, or any parole for that matter.
    He'll die in prison.

At least he did not profit from his murders like Clifford Olsen did. I am sure you remember what happened with that case.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Ya. The Pickton thing is quite odd. In practical terms, it makes no difference, as there is no parole board on earth that would release a serial killer. However, I am also puzzled how one could be a serial killer and not have pre-meditation. I would think the only evidence needed for pre-meditation would be that you did it multiple times (that, and the fact he had created some custom weapons.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    It may just be that with so many cases the prosecutor felt it would be a no brainer to get a conviction 2nd degree while 1st may have been harder to prove. 6 x 2nd degree = never getting out anyway.

There are still 20 more to try. I don't know why they broke them up this way, does anyone know?

I know the families of the 20 mother victims want closure, but doesn't it seem like a waste of court time and money to bother. Just throw away the key and move on.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Baxter
    Do you recall OJ - If they could have tried those cases as 2 different cases. he would never have walked out for both.
    That is the only thing that makes any sense. If they keep them apart there is no way he would ever get away with all of them.

It is costing Millions and this sick * is having fun being the Star......It's all over if he opens his mouth and admits to what he did. But there is no media attention for him if he does that.

OJ didn't do it. He had bad knees, he could never have jumped that fence. Also the bloody golve never fit.
    willy

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    It may just be that with so many cases the prosecutor felt it would be a no brainer to get a conviction 2nd degree while 1st may have been harder to prove. 6 x 2nd degree = never getting out anyway.

There are still 20 more to try. I don't know why they broke them up this way, does anyone know?

I know the families of the 20 mother victims want closure, but doesn't it seem like a waste of court time and money to bother. Just throw away the key and move on.
    I had heard on the news that these 6 cases were the ones with the best evidence and the strongest liklihood of a conviction. Also, I believe that the prosecution was actually going for a 1st degree conviction, but 2nd degree is an option that the jury has in that situation.

But you're right - he's never getting out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post

The first six were the ones with more substantial evidence.

I'm sure they're hoping that, if he is still found guilty once the appeal process is finished, that he will confess to the rest and any others that they may not know about (because there are many other missing individuals still) and put this whole thing to rest.

Playing Winter Rules RBAKER is on a distinguished road RBAKER's Avatar
    I think VIC should have gotten 10 years. That is cruel, what type of person would do this?

Have a better look at his crime not his sport stats. What they did to some of these animals is incomprehensible.

RB
    Membership- GlenCairn Golf Club

Quote Originally Posted by RBAKER View Post
    I think VIC should have gotten 10 years. That is cruel, what type of person would do this?

Have a better look at his crime not his sport stats. What they did to some of these animals is incomprehensible.

RB
    If people start getting 10 years for abusing animals, where is the scale going to start for human beings? Get realistic. Dogs aren't humans, and there's no way that we should be pretending they are.

his stats aren't that good....
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    If people start getting 10 years for abusing animals, where is the scale going to start for human beings? Get realistic. Dogs aren't humans, and there's no way that we should be pretending they are.
    seriously, I think the gambling is the bigger crime here to tell you the truth.
    willy

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Life! If he did to humans what he did to the dogs, he might be sitting in a electric chair! Ten years would be fine by me. The type of person that can treat an animal so sadistically for pure entertainment is likely a psychopath anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Life! If he did to humans what he did to the dogs, he might be sitting in a electric chair! Ten years would be fine by me. The type of person that can treat an animal so sadistically for pure entertainment is likely a psychopath anyway.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, abusing/assaulting a human being is worse than killing a dog, and people frequently get much less than 2 years for those types of crimes. So, who do we value more, dogs or humans? Most would answer humans (except for PETA members).

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post

Give me a break. Human beings often end up serving less than 10 years after being convicted of homicide (manslaughter).

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, abusing/assaulting a human being is worse than killing a dog, and people frequently get much less than 2 years for those types of crimes. So, who do we value more, dogs or humans? Most would answer humans (except for PETA members).
    I think it is more like we all love to tear apart a star gone bad and feel he/she should be hung from the highest tree in public for screwing up when he/she had the world by the tail.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information