CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunglasses

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road

Sunglasses

Just curious what kind of sunglasses people wear golfing. Any specific features? Any specific lenses? How much do you pay for glasses?

Thanks

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I would buy sunglasses with removable lenses. I bought some with, one orange, one clear, one mirrored. I keep them in the bag in a case and never use them otherwise. I have had them 2 years now and not a scratch on them. The flexibility of the different lenses is quite good. I often wore the orange lense on an overcast day and it brightens everything up.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge MS40 is on a distinguished road MS40's Avatar
    I have a similar question: I often play late in the day and find that I am looking into the sun a lot. this has an effect of reflecting of the grass int he distance. so between that and loosing the ball in fight, due the sun, I have lost balls that I know should be on the fairway or in the 1st cut.

I bought a set that has amber, grey, yellow and magenta(I think) lenses but have not played with them.

Does anyone know what colour lens would work best under these conditions?

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    i wear sundog only, although i never wear when playing, can't see as well, but for inbetween adn other times i love them

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I bought the Maui Jims, but I don't really think they are that good. Not as good as my regular Serengetti's for glare.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I wear PEAK VISION SL8's , priced at $170.

I also wear a pair of Ryder sunglasses. $80.
    Although the current pair I own does not have interchangeable lenses. The pair I had before this did. Clear, which I never used. The darker tint and the orange tint, which I loved on cloudy days.

I have worn sunglasses on the course for years. Ever since I had a small spot of skin cancer removed from the bridge of my nose. Plus the fact I used to play on a windy course and without my sunglasses on my eyes would water. That will not be such a big factor next season but I will still wear a pair when it is sunny.

UV rays are as harmful on your eyes as they are your skin. Protect your eyes, you only have one pair of them. No warranty.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

8 Iron hackman is on a distinguished road
    Big supporter of Sundog reason being due to a little incident i went through a year ago at the Canadian when a south paw in my foursome took a cut as i was getting off my golf cart he opened up the face of the club and proceeded to drive the golf ball into my face .
    the ball actually hit my sunglasses which i was thankfully wearing at the time
    The lens cut me for 9 stitches.
    The glasses were were still intact after that incident but were unusable as the framing was bent along with the coating on the lens was worn off where the ball hit me .
    Doctor stated only reason i have an eye is because of the glasses
    Sent Sundog an email regarding the incident and they sent me a free pair
    Learned my lesson that day and that was to be more carefull where i am standing when some playing partners are taking there cuts

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Yup, gonna have to agree with Jarred. M frames, with g30 golf specific vented lens or black iridium for really sunny days.

9 Iron speedoodler is on a distinguished road speedoodler's Avatar

sunglasses

I wear Bolle parole' with a series of interchangable lenses...fairly cheap and quite good.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I have M Frames that I wore for like 7 years. I picked up some Half Jackets this summer with XLJ lenses and I love em..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I wear Oaks as well. I don't wear them when I am actually swinging, but I do inbetween shots. Apparently the lenses are bullet proof...hope I never have to prove that right or wrong.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Oakleys. Hands down the best sports glasses.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Oakleys. Hands down the best sports glasses.
    Same here
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Gap Wedge Dohboy is on a distinguished road
    I use UVEX Pro Sport. It comes with interchangeable, shatter resistant, polarized lenses in gray/black, brown and rose. The rose is what I use while golfing and, based on my comparison with a friends Half Jacket with the G30 lenses, I will say the UVEX gives the Oakleys a real good run for its money.
    That being said, I will be picking up a set of Half Jackets with the golf array this summer as I accidentally put a scratch across the sightline in one of the lenses

Gap Wedge seekay is on a distinguished road seekay's Avatar
    really depends on what i'm wearing and the weather ...rotation between Nike Tarj Classics, Ray Ban RB3275's, and a pair of Moschinos...the nikes and raybans are polarized of course...

hopefully going to add a pair oakleys soon...probably a pair of white gascans.
    Whenever I’m about to do something, I think “would an idiot do that?” and if they would, I do not do that thing. ~ Dwight Schrute

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    The second best thing about Oakley after the quality, is the warranty service. Unreal service!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    The second best thing about Oakley after the quality, is the warranty service. Unreal service!!!
    Totally agree on this. I had my Oakleys in my coat pocket a few weeks ago. Was in the grocery store leaning over into a freezer to pick something up and bent the heck out of my frames, sent them to Oakley within a week had them back. All it cost me was the shipping

Baxter
    Maui Jim Flexon mj 309 02

All Maui Jims are polarized

I love these glasses. I loved them so much I went and bought another pair in case they change the style...
    Last edited by Baxter; 08-09-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Callaway x series line with what they call neox lenses. Kind of a grey green color that wipes out all the glare. Everyone who has ever tried them on finds it shocking to go back to their own glasses as it really cuts out the glare well. I am sure some other manufacturers make good products too, but love my cally's.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Gap Wedge Dohboy is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone been able to access the US Oakley site? I tried to do a US and Cdn price comparison of the Half Jackets and it keeps kicking me back to the Canadian website. Hmmm.

Gap Wedge Titleist Rules is on a distinguished road Titleist Rules's Avatar
    Other then keeping the sun out of my eyes and making it easier to track your ball in the air after contact, and keeping the glare off my irons at address. The main reason i wear sunglasses is it keeps the DARN Nats out of eyes. Man i hate those bugs

I wear Nike with different lenses. You'd be suprised how much brighter the yellow lenses make a cloudy day.
    Driver!!!

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I used to wear the Oakley M Frame but unfortunatly lost them while cycling this summer. As a replacement I now wear the new Oakley Radar. I also wear my canteens as well when golfing.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
    I used to wear the Oakley M Frame but unfortunatly lost them while cycling this summer. As a replacement I now wear the new Oakley Radar. I also wear my canteens as well when golfing.
    how do you like the new radars compared to the old mframes... im debating upgrading to them soon for golfing and biking...

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    They provide a much better peripheral view when cycling. Cyling was the main reason I bought them and I'd have to say I'm satisifed. I find that it blocks more wind and feels more comfy around the ears.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

8 Iron LBlack14 is on a distinguished road
    Oakley M Frames with Heater Slate Iridium lenses. Oakley Half Jackets with Gold Iridium. Sunn Dogg with a Gold color lens. Only in between shots and NEVER while I'm Putting.

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar
    I have a couple of pairs of Adidas ones with interchangeable lenses as well as a clip in insert for the prescription lenses I need. The prescription lense can be switched between different pairs.
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    I have a pair of Sundogs. Nice glasses, but I cant use them while hitting a golf ball.
    No matter what glasses I try, they always distort my vision some how, mostly depth perception.

I was thinking of trying these out with the Fototec Lenses. They change shade depending on the light conditions. Not bad looking either. Its either this...or some sort of wrap around Oakleys (Radar, M Frame.....)

http://www.tifosioptics.com/products.html

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Anyone have experience with www.wileyx.com sunglasses?
    I saw a pair and the Climate Control series are awesome for winter sports and they convert to regular glasses for summer...

Thread Information