CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Talking Is this what retirement feels like?

Friday was my last day of work for a few months Is this what retirement feels like, not a care in the world?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Friday was my last day of work for a few months Is this what retirement feels like, not a care in the world?
    bugsy doesnt have a list of things for you to do around the house?
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    bugsy doesnt have a list of things for you to do around the house?
    Nope, not one! The only thing I have to do for the next 2 weeks is setup my bedroom on the main floor for after the surgery.... then I am good as gold, I am going to be living in here Sorry folks, hit the ignore button now!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Get used to it Bud---the longer it lasts the sweeter it feels---I want to see you the morning you have to go back to work----we are all going to line up in your driveway with our clubs in hand giving you the "royal salute" . Hey Bob--when do you go in and let us know where you are--we are all retired so we can go in and visit Need any help with anything--phone call away
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

bob, completely off topic but I was at the gym today and I could have sworn I saw you. I was thinking, what the heck is he doing in toronto and why is he wearing spandex shorts and such a thight shirt??? I honestly could have taken a pic of this guy and people would have thought it was you. Thats all
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Get used to it Bud---the longer it lasts the sweeter it feels---I want to see you the morning you have to go back to work----we are all going to line up in your driveway with our clubs in hand giving you the "royal salute" . Hey Bob--when do you go in and let us know where you are--we are all retired so we can go in and visit Need any help with anything--phone call away
    I am thinking I could get used to it Brian I am seriously considering it right now. I am eligible to go with a penalty as of Januray 17th. Now I couldn't sit at home all the time when not on the golf course but hell, I am a handy man when it comes to weekend renovations so I could see a Home Depot type job in the evenings

They take the knife, saw and drill to me on December 21st at the Montfort. They say I will be in for about 5 to 7 days, depending how quick I am able to get enough muscle strength to walk assisted. I am really hoping to be out in 3 or 4 days! I don't like the idea of getting my morning bath by Olga or spending a quality Christmas day with a bunch of male nurses if you get my drift

Thanks for the offer Brian, I will keep you in mind

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I wanna be there for Bob's return to the Tee box. First dibs are MINE Bob!

With a fine brandy to celebrate!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post

And a fine brandy to celebrate!

Its a deal Dan..... setup the tee time at Manderly, that course owes me from our game this year! (I am an RM Member!)

Oh and I will be walking it

And a fine brandy to celebrate!

Let me guess, match play for money... Beating up on an old man after surgery... Shotgun, I got second match!
    willy

Noooo I won't be taking advantage of good ole' Indio. Anyone who openly requests a walker on a golf forum deserves my undying respect!

Noooo I won't be taking advantage of good ole' Indio. Anyone who openly requests a walker on a golf forum deserves my undying respect!
    Its only for 2 weeks till I can progress to crutches

And don't forget, he needs the kind that the wheels lock. Gramps doesn't wanna let it get away on him!

Donny admited he has the melrose place dvd set... season 1

thats gotta be worth something

But seriously indio, you want me to drop off a ton of TV shows and movies for you watch?
    willy

Actually, the walker doesn't bother me cause no one will see me use it.... its for the first 2 weeks while I am bed ridden at home... its the cane that is going to bother me after the 2nd month. All the leg braces and the likes will be gone by then so I will just look like a little old man out for a walk

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I bet you wont mind not driving in to work during the storms and waiting in traffic for hours coming back home.I have aprox.14 months to go and i am counting every day.I am semi retired now and getting used to it quite nicely.As for keeping yourself busy,you have a house and a wife to take care of so dont worry most people who are retired tell me there are not enough hours in the day to do everything.They will take good care of you at the Montfort and say hello to Olga.LOL.Best of luck Indio.

Donny admited he has the melrose place dvd set... season 1

thats gotta be worth something

But seriously indio, you want me to drop off a ton of TV shows and movies for you watch?
    Thanks for the offer Depe, but I will be spending my time on here and logged on to work. I will spend my days chatting with Spackler who is at home as a 'mommy' right now and Geoff who will be sitting at the computer at work ....

Thanks for the offer Depe, but I will be spending my time on here and logged on to work. I will spend my days chatting with Spackler who is at home as a 'mommy' right now and Geoff who will be sitting at the computer at work ....
    lucky them LOL
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I bet you wont mind not driving in to work during the storms and waiting in traffic for hours coming back home.I have aprox.14 months to go and i am counting every day.I am semi retired now and getting used to it quite nicely.As for keeping yourself busy,you have a house and a wife to take care of so dont worry most people who are retired tell me there are not enough hours in the day to do everything.They will take good care of you at the Montfort and say hello to Olga.LOL.Best of luck Indio.
    Thanks Mark!

If I retire, Bugsy will kill me. She is many many years from retirement and if she has to work, I am sure I have to work.... but hey, Home Depot looks like a great place to meet people and since I am in the Client Service world (albeit inforation technology), it would be a good fit for me.... I seem to be talking myself into it

lucky them LOL
    You are just jealouse *

And don't forget, he needs the kind that the wheels lock. Gramps doesn't wanna let it get away on him!
    Practice your game over the winter sir.... I owe you big time for that one

No problem. I have a membership at the Ben Franklin dome and weekly games at Golf-O-Max. Gonna be nice and limber.

Golf season never ends. It just moves indoors and the results don't count... except in $ wagered.

No problem. I have a membership at the Ben Franklin dome and weekly games at Golf-O-Max. Gonna be nice and limber.
    I will be nimble as well after 3 1/2 months of physiotherapy!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    YES!!! And after 10 years of retirement, that feeling is still there, every day.

Best things about retirement?? Every day is Saturday. Getting paid for doing. Playing golf at the quieter times. Never having to combat the Queensway at 7:30 in the morning. CPP. OAS. Seniors discounts. Sleeping in/Staying up late. Not having to shave. And the list goes on.

Hope the surgery goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    YES!!! And after 10 years of retirement, that feeling is still there, every day.

Best things about retirement?? Every day is Saturday. Getting paid for doing. Playing golf at the quieter times. Never having to combat the Queensway at 7:30 in the morning. CPP. OAS. Seniors discounts. Sleeping in/Staying up late. Not having to shave. And the list goes on.

Hope the surgery goes well.
    WOW, if that isn't a ringing endorsement! You guys make it sound so wonderful

Thank you Lyle, I am sure it wil go very well. Funny thing is, when I asked the surgeon how long it would be before I could play golf again he said (not a word of a lie) I hear you can't play worth right now, so what makes you think this will make you able to play golf! and I thought I was the only smartass in the world

Donny admited he has the melrose place dvd set... season 1 thats gotta be worth something?
    Donny is a *, I am an Idiot, BIG difference

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Actually, the walker doesn't bother me cause no one will see me use it.... its for the first 2 weeks while I am bed ridden at home... its the cane that is going to bother me after the 2nd month. All the leg braces and the likes will be gone by then so I will just look like a little old man out for a walk
    Hey man, canes can be pretty cool. You just have to treat yourself to a stylish one, and work on your walk. Don't just go for the old shepherd's crook style. Get something classy looking, and you're in good shape. You also have to be sure to incorporate the twirl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2kM4...eature=related

Honestly though, there's a guy in one of my sociology classes (before anyone mocks me for this...I took it for the easy credit) who had major surgery at the beginning of the year...he was using crutches for a while, but now he's just got a cane. It's not the coolest thing to be a 19 year old with a cane, but this guy's cane is pretty damn sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Hey man, canes can be pretty cool. You just have to treat yourself to a stylish one, and work on your walk. Don't just go for the old shepherd's crook style. Get something classy looking, and you're in good shape. You also have to be sure to incorporate the twirl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2kM4...eature=related

Honestly though, there's a guy in one of my sociology classes (before anyone mocks me for this...I took it for the easy credit) who had major surgery at the beginning of the year...he was using crutches for a while, but now he's just got a cane. It's not the coolest thing to be a 19 year old with a cane, but this guy's cane is pretty damn sweet.
    Now I have to look for the hat and coat next week

Thanks guys. I really am struggling with this decision.... I am not sure I am ready to retire ..... Somehow, I think I would be a much happier and less stressed person if I did though.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Remember the old saying " the boy with the most toys win" well after a heart atack etc all the toys don't seem to mean as much anymore---just being around and being able to see them is just as good. Think long and hard--you only have one kick at the can.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Remember the old saying " the boy with the most toys win" well after a heart atack etc all the toys don't seem to mean as much anymore---just being around and being able to see them is just as good. Think long and hard--you only have one kick at the can.
    I have yet to see/hear any negatives Some of us are lucky and get a 2nd kick at the cat and thats why I have to seriously consider my options The good news is that I have a few months to give it some serious thought. If it wasn't for the surgery, it would have been much better pondering the future on the links down in Indio Cali with my brother (who is retired down there).

Thread Information