100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Finally happened... I walked in right at 8 am and was amazed at how many people were already in the place. Had a nice look around, bought some new shoes and was only a little late for work, lol. Doesn't seem to be any great grand opening deals, but a few good bargains nonetheless. At long last we can say "GT" in Kingston and it doesn't necessarily mean "Giant Tiger"

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    I got in at 7:45 and there was already someone in... Although no opening special, Wilson Di6 drivers for 88$. They are shafted with Proforce UST V2... nice price for that shaft.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    My wife and I arrived at 11:00 this morning. Chated with the Bridgestone rep, walked around and had a look. Saw specials on low end gear (may have been some on the high end stuff, but the place was too crowded to tell). I come out of 2 doz B330s and the wife had clothes, which there were some sales on. Go figure how she found that stuff.
    TWoody
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    funny i didnt see you there twoody... hard to miss you... i was there for over an hour chatting with the sales staff as i knew alot of them, and all the reps. i was there from like 1030-1130+

Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    funny i didnt see you there twoody... hard to miss you... i was there for over an hour chatting with the sales staff as i knew alot of them, and all the reps. i was there from like 1030-1130+
    Ha! You were thinking that you would have noticed a guy with long hair hanging out the back of his hat. Being in the job market again for the first time in 21 years the hair is gone. As well that crowd would have made it hard for me to see anyone under eye level. I even lost my wife once for about 10 minutes and she's about 5'8" .
    There is a former Trillium Wood employee working there since he's attending school down there now.
    TWoody
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Lob Wedge Don is on a distinguished road
    Was back in today after the big so called sale for grand opening.
    Store was pretty much empty, one of the test ranges was already under repair and one of the credit card machines was broken.
    Staff was more busy talking amongst themselves than wanting to help anyone. Some of the staff was very helpful, usual for a big box store.

It looks prety and i don't think I will ever be in the immediate need for a walk out club, so I think I will stay with my regular store which offers free club fitting and remembers your name even if you only buy a new club once ever 6 months to a year.

If Golf Town has a big special on something then hey a dollar saved gets me one round of golf eventually.

But sometimes a little time spent and an extra few bucks can save you more in the long run.

Opening weekend I give it a 9 out of 10, after opening weekend I give it a 5 out of ten.

But I will still go and drool on the carpet from time to time, LOL.

See ya on the fairways

Thread Information