100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amateur Tour

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

Amateur Tour

I am looking for a tour to play in the up coming summer. I know there are a couple available, the NCGT and the Golf Channel Amateur tour. I am just curious if anyone has any suggestions.

I would like to play one that is relatively competitive and not necesarily a beer drinking league.

Your input is much appreciated!! Thanks.

8 Iron Pops is on a distinguished road Pops's Avatar
    Hey Quinner, I've been playing on the NCGT since it was known as the Ottawa Golf Tour, for five or six years now. There isn't a better bunch of guys(and girl) to go and have fun with on a Sunday on a golf course. As far as competitive, some of the members over the years have become good friends and we're still trying to beat each other on the off weeks. Try it out I'm sure you'd love it.

Mark
    "The golf swing is like sex. You can't be thinking about the mechanics of the act while you are performing." Dave Hill

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quinner,

I think Pinshark played on the Golf Channel tour all year, he may be able to show some insight into that. I think they usually had 4-6 players out to the various events. The home page - http://www.thegolfchannel.com/GALeag...D=&source=aagt is showing 6 players on the final year-end statistics.

I've also been playing on the NCGT since it started as the OGT. I've met lots of great people, and it can be very compettative, especially with the Ryder Cup and the Battle at Belleville. Each event is important to the leaderboard, especially late in the season.

If you want to meet some of the people, sign up for the event at GolfOMax on the 23rd.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    I am looking for a tour to play in the up coming summer. I know there are a couple available, the NCGT and the Golf Channel Amateur tour. I am just curious if anyone has any suggestions.

I would like to play one that is relatively competitive and not necesarily a beer drinking league.

Your input is much appreciated!! Thanks.
    Here's a few testimonials about the NCGT.

http://www.nationalcapitalgolftour.c...7/Default.aspx
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    NCGT is a great tour, it is competitive but a fun tour. If you want more serious competition then the GC tour may be better.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Has anyone played in any of the OVGA events?

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    The OVGA events are very competitive. Typically they are only open to members of golf clubs in the area. Be prepared for a 5 hour round though as play can be slow at times.

Thread Information