CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leafs

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar

Leafs

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    The Leafs would have to quadruple the pay to get someone to come in and take over that mess I saw the TSN interview with Fergie, he said there is no reason to panic, lots of time left in the season
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    That's almost as funny as Pierre McGuire getting consideration for the coaching job in Washington.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    That's almost as funny as Pierre McGuire getting consideration for the coaching job in Washington.
    Hey, if it eliminates the 'monster performer' bit he screams on TSN, then I am all for it!!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Was it coach or GM? The way I read the article was that the owner has already begun the search for a high-profile GM and that is what Pierre was being considered for....

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Was it coach or GM? The way I read the article was that the owner has already begun the search for a high-profile GM and that is what Pierre was being considered for....
    Ahhh, you're right Hacker. I mis-read the story. It's the GM's seat that Leonsis is looking to fill. Maybe they can poach JFJ. (please, PLEASE)
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Ahhh, you're right Hacker. I mis-read the story. It's the GM's seat that Leonsis is looking to fill. Maybe they can poach JFJ. (please, PLEASE)
    Which is less likely..........A month of Sundays or Hell freezing over??

Which ever one it is, it will happen before JFJ getting another GM job in the National Hockey League.

Which is less likely..........A month of Sundays or Hell freezing over??

Which ever one it is, it will happen before JFJ getting another GM job in the National Hockey League.
    Or any hockey league for that matter

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Before anyone reads too much into this, take a look at who is the author of the article. I won't believe any of that until any of those things actually happen.

For proof, not sure how many of you listen to the pre-game show on the Team 1200 on Sens game nights, but an interesting thing happened a week or two ago. The panel was discussing the length of suspensions when Garrioch spoke up and said he's heard enough about suspensions. When asked to explain himself Garrioch basically replied forget. Then one of the other panelists speaks up and says "Humour us with a reply, we humour you with your trade talks." That pretty much sums it up in my books. When one of your colleagues calls out, it says alot about your credibility.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Before anyone reads too much into this, take a look at who is the author of the article. I won't believe any of that until any of those things actually happen.

For proof, not sure how many of you listen to the pre-game show on the Team 1200 on Sens game nights, but an interesting thing happened a week or two ago. The panel was discussing the length of suspensions when Garrioch spoke up and said he's heard enough about suspensions. When asked to explain himself Garrioch basically replied forget. Then one of the other panelists speaks up and says "Humour us with a reply, we humour you with your trade talks." That pretty much sums it up in my books. When one of your colleagues calls out, it says alot about your credibility.
    I agree with you Geoff..........If I create enough trade rumours sooner or later one is going to come true - even a blind squirrel get a nut now and then

I agree with you Geoff..........If I create enough trade rumours sooner or later one is going to come true - even a blind squirrel get a nut now and then

Please please do not start any trade rumours about any Leafs going to San Jose

OK, maybe we'd take Matts, but other than that send us a big bag of pucks instead

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    The Leafs would have to quadruple the pay to get someone to come in and take over that mess I saw the TSN interview with Fergie, he said there is no reason to panic, lots of time left in the season
    actually i don't think any amount of money could get a top GM to come to the current situation in Toronto. You think a guy like Bowman, Muckler etc. would be in a situation where Peddie is sitting over your shoulder in the press box with you during games?

The only way a big name GM will come to toronto is if they get the GM/Pres. positions together, which will give them basically the powers that a GM gets in everyother city.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    They won't be able to get a real GM to come to Toronto until he gets the green light to blow up the team and start over. Unfortunately, to the people in charge in Toronto, it is more important to try and sqeeze into the playoffs now than build for the futur. This has been going on in Toronto for years and has resulted in very average or poor teams year after year.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    This was in the sun this morning:

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hock...91004-sun.html
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information