I'm not a huge fan but is this a stupid rule or what.

Will Kevin Glenn be denied?

TORONTO -- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are rolling up their sleeves for a fight they may have to wage with the CFL and a long-standing policy that could deny some players and instrumental personnel -- including QB Kevin Glenn and the assistant coaches -- from having their name engraved on the Grey Cup.
It's true, should the Bombers win Sunday's 95th Grey Cup game only the 42 players who dress, head coach Doug Berry and GM Brendan Taman would see their names on the ol' mug.

That means Glenn -- the East Division all-star pivot and Most Outstanding Player candidate who is on the four-man reserve list -- along with assistant coaches Greg Marshall, Richard Harris, Corey Chamblin, Kit Cartwright, Bob Dyce, Bob Wylie and Cory McDiarmid would be denied a spot on the cup.

"(The league is) being abstinate about it... I'm not trying to be a hero about this, but if we win I'll gladly take my name off so Kevin can be on it," said GM Brendan Taman. "I may even talk to someone like (recently-activated QB) Zac Taylor about doing the same.

"I've talked to the league and (Bomber president and CEO) Lyle Bauer will push the issue with the commissioner if we have to. Bottom line: I hope we're in a position to even consider that after Sunday."