+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge Robbie91 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Black Pearl Finish

Hey i just got my hand on a Scotty JAT Prototype but it needs restoration. On the cameron website it says that it cant be restored in black pearl.. does anyone know of somewhere that does or a finish that is close??

much appriciated,
    Rob

7 Wood Cherks is on a distinguished road Cherks's Avatar
    The Cameron Custom shop will re-finish it to Charcoal Mist.
    Check out Kevin Colbert www.putterplating.com

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    The JAT is gun blue isn't it? The CS will only do that or pro plat. As for Black Pearl, I'm not sure, but I think because of quality control issues, none of the companies that do resto work are offering it right now. If you're looking to restore it to original, any of the companies (BOS, Colbert, etc) can do that.

http://www.golfclubtransformer.com/index.htm

any ideas on this service?? the prices seem good and apparently they have something just like the 2003 finish.. its called black nickel

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    I demoed a Scotty with the Black Pearl finish and was not impressed with the finish, the sun can reflect off of the nice finish into your eyes.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie91 View Post
    http://www.golfclubtransformer.com/index.htm

any ideas on this service?? the prices seem good and apparently they have something just like the 2003 finish.. its called black nickel
    It says the black nickel finish is not available at this time. I would also be wary of sending my club off to Thailand unless you know someone who's had work done there.

yeah haha your right im thinking about just getting it put in black oxide then theres no glare or cleaning problems

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i would recommend Colbert Putter Plating, as someone mentioned above. I have dealt with Kevin a few times and have had a Sante Fe done in Black Oxide and it was sweet looking, really well done. I believe he charges $70 for the stripping and B.O. Service and $20 to ship it back to Canada. Usually takes about 2ish weeks.

http://putterplating.com/services.html

5 Iron Bwadd is on a distinguished road

Resto...

I would recommend sticking with Scotty and resto's... You will depreciate the value of the putter by sending it anywhere else. If you know for a fact that you will never get rid of the putter then maybe, but i wouls still stick with sending into scotty's shop for resto. They are by far the best... you will not be disappointed with the outcome. I have owned alot of putters over the years thinking I wouls never change, but it never works out like that. Hope this helps!

Black Pearl = Charcoal Mist at the shop or Pro Platinum with custom shop stamp.

yeah thanks everybody that helps alot

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwadd View Post
    I would recommend sticking with Scotty and resto's... You will depreciate the value of the putter by sending it anywhere else. If you know for a fact that you will never get rid of the putter then maybe, but i wouls still stick with sending into scotty's shop for resto. They are by far the best... you will not be disappointed with the outcome. I have owned alot of putters over the years thinking I wouls never change, but it never works out like that. Hope this helps!

Black Pearl = Charcoal Mist at the shop or Pro Platinum with custom shop stamp.
    I agree to an extent. I can tell you from experience, as well as from talking to buddies of mine that i never ask the person where the resto was done, nor does anybody i know. I personally don't care at all where the resto gets done, as long as its done right.

The Scotty shop charges an INSANE amount of money, its brutal. I mean srue he changes the shaft and grip, but most times its to put the exact same shaft/grip that you already had on, who NEEDS to replace these things, they are just justification for his high price. Sorry rant over, if you want the original finish, then go with Scotty but if you are happy with just a black oxide you can do it for under $50 at several other places, plus the turnaround time is much faster.

Thread Information