100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Dear NHL Schedule Makers

PLEASE do not have the Ottawa Senators play anymore teams who are less than .500 in the standings

Well ok, yes Toronto is fine

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    how about the all-star ballot makers who have Emery as a choice, but Gerber who is leading the league in Wins, 5th in GAA and 3rd in Save % can only be selected as a write-in, therefore having basically 0% chance of being selected.

DO they just make up the lists from who was good last year or what?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    PLEASE do not have the Ottawa Senators play anymore teams who are less than .500 in the standings

Well ok, yes Toronto is fine
    LOL
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    how about the all-star ballot makers who have Emery as a choice, but Gerber who is leading the league in Wins, 5th in GAA and 3rd in Save % can only be selected as a write-in, therefore having basically 0% chance of being selected.

If the Sens hold on to first spot in the Eastern Conference then Paddock gets to coach the Eastern All-Stars right? Does the coach still get to fill out the roster after all of the fan-voted guys are in?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I was at the game last night, very exciting stuff. 80s hockey, not much in the way of defensive gems of plays.

I don't think, I've seen a hockey where so many posts and crossbars were hit, including the shootout. Incredible.

And as for the all star ballotting, Gerber will most likely be there along with Lundqvist and whoever the voted in starting goalie will be. Only the starter gets voted in, the other two goalies are picked by each team.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post

The ballot selections, in fact the All-Star game itself, are based on player performances from the previous season, not the current one. It's a huge logistical challenge to get millions of ballots printed and ditributed to all 30 NHL cities. It would be impossible for the nomination committee to do this based on player results from less than 1/4 of the current season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    If the Sens hold on to first spot in the Eastern Conference then Paddock gets to coach the Eastern All-Stars right? Does the coach still get to fill out the roster after all of the fan-voted guys are in?
    Yes and yes.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I was at the game last night, very exciting stuff. 80s hockey, not much in the way of defensive gems of plays.
    I don't think, I've seen a hockey where so many posts and crossbars were hit, including the shootout. Incredible.
    Maybe it had to be high scoring because it was a Senators Hockey Pay Per View event! I feel for the poor suckers who paid their $10 and lost the telecast for the 3rd period Me thinks their might be some refunds coming their way!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Ha? Speaky English?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post

And as for the all star ballotting, Gerber will most likely be there along with Lundqvist and whoever the voted in starting goalie will be. Only the starter gets voted in, the other two goalies are picked by each team.

Thread Information