100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge curls is on a distinguished road

Question Nike 300cc Forged Steel VS. Adams Tight Lies driver

I am demo-ing these two drivers over the next couple of days, but wanted some opinions on them.

They both have stiff shafts and are basically identically sized heads (300 for Nike, 303 for Adams). Both are steel heads.

After reading some reviews online, the concensus is that the Nike is a good driver, but seems a bit soft (doens't have the "zing" feeling of a crisp face), but the Adams Tight Lies 303 seems to have a significant problem with the clubhead CRACKING after even a few swings.

Have any of you guys used either driver, or have any recommendations? Both of these clubs are demo clubs that are reduced to a very nice price ($150-$170), so other suggestions in this price range are welcomed (nothing higher than $170, please).

Also, I should mention I am looking for a forgiving driver, but not necessarily one with the super-long ball capabilities. I'm looking to hit more fairways than I am currently (with an old Slazenger driver of about 200cc head size, hahaha!). I am a novice golfer (2+ years) who is said to have a pretty good, clean swing. Don't know if that is true or not! My handicap is around 20-25 (I normally shoot 95 or so).

Thanks for any opinions or information.
    ~Eric

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    I have not tried either the Nike or the Adams, but if you are willing to sacrafice distance for forgiveness then I would highly recommend you try the Taylor Made 200 Steel.

It wants to go straight. It tends to go higher than other drivers, so you might lose distance. The head size is 275 cc, which is similar to the ones you're looking it. It is now discontinued, so I've seen them at Chuck Browns BRAND NEW for $199. Both CB and T&L carried them, so I've got to believe that you can find a demo or used one in your price range somewhere.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

deals

It all depends what you're looking for(i.e correcting a slice or a hook etc..). Anyway I was in the Golfworks today and they were selling the Goldwyn Avdp diver 300 cc for 98 bucks. Sports E xperts in Hull is selling the taylor made R420 for $299.
    Last edited by Chieflongtee; 09-10-2003 at 09:02 PM.

Sand Wedge h22a4_bb6 is on a distinguished road
    it's not necessarily one driver over the other ... u have to consider wheter you like a stiffer shaft or whippier ... and the loft and ect ... u can't just say one is better than the other without knowing which Nike best suits u vs. which Adams best suits u ...

i have the Adams, my buddy has the Nike ... we have traded clubs at the range and we both find both pretty good ... but i think my friend's Nike driver is a 350cc head ...

Sand Wedge h22a4_bb6 is on a distinguished road
    hope that helps a bit

Gap Wedge curls is on a distinguished road
    I decided to get the Nike driver today. I ended up getting a few more dollars off, AND got a genuine Nike headcover thrown-in (even though it was a demo and didn't have one in the first place).

Thanks for all the help guys!
    ~Eric

Thread Information