100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    there must have been more to pulling him than just letting in a couple softies! for the most part he was ok...but then started finding himself out of position, almost like his head was not there!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    No doubt that the Sens 'A' game can't be matched by any other team. My only concern is nagging injuries. I don't want this team to be derailed by the injury bug.
    i hear ya, but if we are gonna get "the bug" at this point of the year, that's fine with me. Every team goes through a stretch where they get a few guys go out at the same time, and i would love if this is the time for the Sens, only 20games in.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Time to pull out the tapes of last years playoffs. They have forgotten that you have skate hard for 60 minuets. Too many people standing around waiting for someone else to do something. Defense is not playing very well but the forwards need to come back harder and help them. That is only happening in spurts. They have gotten away with it up until the last few games. Unfortunately bad habits can be hard to break.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Bah, we're not going to have big winning streaks and we're gonna have some little slumps. We stay healthy, we play hard, we win the cup.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Baxter
    Bah, we're not going to have big winning streaks and we're gonna have some little slumps. We stay healthy, we play hard, we win the cup.
    Sorry fundonny - but no matter what they do all year regarding playing hard and staying healthy they will not win the cup with what they have on ice - They are missing a few players to get them to the win.....
    I would say if they do what you are asking they shouold be able to take care of all Teams in the East - Toughest Team to get by in the Playoffs will be the Flyers......But I do not see how they Beat - The Sharks, Ducks and even Teams Like the Flames and Redwings - These Teams play in your face tough hockey and can shut down the Top lines..
    Now a little luck might help you get your Cup if any of these Teams don't make it. But if they do the Cup will stay out West....

Hey what do I know I spend money on putters

Totally disagree, and it's not just home town bias. No other team has our depth. Shut down line 1, line 2 will destroy you. When healthy of course.

Good news, Alfie is back tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

The Sens have not made any changes to add that grit that it takes to win it all. Winning the conference title was a breeze because they did not play against a big, fast physical team. When they met the Ducks, they got roughed up and the Sens big boys did not show up. If they don’t make the necessary trade, they will get run over like usual. It’s always the same story. In the past it was Toronto. They had a gritty team and the Sens could not play at that level. We don’t those types of teams in the East.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    Sorry fundonny - but no matter what they do all year regarding playing hard and staying healthy they will not win the cup with what they have on ice - They are missing a few players to get them to the win.....
    I would say if they do what you are asking they shouold be able to take care of all Teams in the East - Toughest Team to get by in the Playoffs will be the Flyers......But I do not see how they Beat - The Sharks, Ducks and even Teams Like the Flames and Redwings - These Teams play in your face tough hockey and can shut down the Top lines..
    Now a little luck might help you get your Cup if any of these Teams don't make it. But if they do the Cup will stay out West....

Hey what do I know I spend money on putters
    Oups! didn't read your post. Totally agree and the past has proven that. Maybe this year will be different but I doubt it. Like Dave said the western teams play Canadian in your face type hockey.

WOW, what a crappy hockey game to watch. I am still trying to figure out if it was just that Ottawa was crap, or the trapping of NYI as well??

I guess this is what leaf fans feel for an entire season. However if i was a leafs fan, i guess i would be saying that "We've got points in 2 of the last 3 games!" or something stupid to try and hide the pain!!

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    WOW, what a crappy hockey game to watch. I am still trying to figure out if it was just that Ottawa was crap, or the trapping of NYI as well??

I guess this is what leaf fans feel for an entire season. However if i was a leafs fan, i guess i would be saying that "We've got points in 2 of the last 3 games!" or something stupid to try and hide the pain!!
    Yes, was not a great game to watch!! Tend to agree with the Commentators that the trapping of NYI caused problems for the Sens. Sens still managed 37 shots on DiPietro who kept his team in the game once again.
    Lets take the (1) point though and look for better results tomorrow night......
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I was very surprized to hear the final shot total........that was as boring a game as I've watched in a long time. Two very poor goals given up and two seeing eye goals scored......why the hell can't we get more than one goal in a shoot-out from Alfie, Spezza, Heatly, Fisher and Vermette??

Am I blind? Has Donovan been this much of a defensive liability all season????

I'm not sure but he sure has been brutal as of late

Defence is BRUTAL...........goaltending is poor...................

Murray needs to find a way to get a BIG SOLID Defenceman..............RIGHT NOW!!!

Have heard Dion Phaneuf's name mentioned as being potentially available....for a Price........
    Lets get Redden out of here........give up some draft picks and go get someone like Dion !!!
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

How can a team go from being so good to so bad overnight like that.........

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Man o man. Last night took the biscuit. Manage to battle back 4 times from what must be the worst defensive zone coverage I have ever seen and then concede the winner with 20 seconds left.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I think this is great news for the Sens. A little controversy and a losing streak is good for the long term health of the club. Remember last year's ugly start? Well, this will make them realize how hard they have to work to win.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Guys, the season has just barely started.... they are bound to have some bad games, maybe 6 bad games in a row is good for them.... they have been listening to the media too much who have been saying that they will be unbeatable this year!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    This is not good for the Senators. Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken finger in last nights game when he blocked a shot.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224004&hubname=

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    This is not good for the Senators. Anton Volchenkov suffered a broken finger in last nights game when he blocked a shot.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224004&hubname=
    i was more upset about that then the lose of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Defence is BRUTAL...........goaltending is poor...................

Murray needs to find a way to get a BIG SOLID Defenceman..............RIGHT NOW!!!

Have heard Dion Phaneuf's name mentioned as being potentially available....for a Price........
    Lets get Redden out of here........give up some draft picks and go get someone like Dion !!!
    i highly doubt the Flames are that dumb, but if he was available i would give up anybody outside of Heatley/Spezza/Alfie for him. Too bad they didn't need a goalie, give them Redden and Gerber/Emery plus a pick...

i highly doubt the Flames are that dumb, but if he was available i would give up anybody outside of Heatley/Spezza/Alfie for him. Too bad they didn't need a goalie, give them Redden and Gerber/Emery plus a pick...
    If I’m not mistaken the Flames have something like 12 players signed for next year for at a total of $43M. That doesn’t leave much room for Phaneuf and the other support players without busting the cap. Expect a big trade for the Flames. They are losing lots of games this year and my guess is that they want to keep Dion. Make some space and shake thins up.

Guys, relax. The Sens have a 5 game losing streak and they are still in first place in the East, second overall. If that’s the worst streak they see this season, it’s all good.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    i'd be shocked to see Phaneuf come this way but never say never. Not sure where Ottawa would get the cash to pay him though.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    i'd be shocked to see Phaneuf come this way but never say never. Not sure where Ottawa would get the cash to pay him though.
    Redden's departure??
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Yes Dion has been the #1 Defenceman based on $ value as per Canadian Business list.
    http://www.canadianbusiness.com/rank...=&ptype=&print=

Guess who ranks #137 out of #150.......yes Mr. Redden

The criteria and methodology the Business Magazine used is as follows:
    "Defenders

The defenceman's job, no surprise, is to prevent goals from being scored. Durability and reliability don't hurt, either. Our best value picks have the best combination of lowest cost-per-minute on the ice (annual salary divided by total minutes played) and the highest plus/minus number. Our worst value picks are just the opposite. Only defenders who played 62 or more games (75%+) are included."

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    How can a team go from being so good to so bad overnight like that.........
    Too much listening to the ridiculous press regarding the comparisons to that Habs team of the 1970s...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Guys, the season has just barely started.... they are bound to have some bad games, maybe 6 bad games in a row is good for them.... they have been listening to the media too much who have been saying that they will be unbeatable this year!
    Bingo! I should have kept reading the thread before I posted nearly the same thought.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Sens vs Rangers
    The slide continues, is that team actually the Leafs in disguise?
    The Sens were out hustled and out muscled during the time I watched the game.
    It gets to a point where a team thinks they can't win, and when that happens it is not a good situation.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Longest losing streak in 7 years...............

Other than goaltending has been poor, defence brutal, and passes do not seem to be clicking, I agree with what commentators mentioned. They feel that a number of the players are nursing injuries and trying to play through them. Alfie does not look 100% yet from the groin injury, and Fisher might be also suffering from the same injury.

Best thing for the team is road trip to Florida, couple of days rest and some golf...........

Thread Information