CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Apparently they are both out for the entire series but who knows these days. It may all be hype and they both show up tonight. I think ALfie is out for sure, he had more than a concusion, he has a shoulder problem and add that to his previous mystery injury and the Sens are without their on ice leader, not good. I see the Pens win this in a sweep or at best loose 1 game. Not to be pessimistic but wihtout 2 key guys it will make the Pens work easier.
    Playoff series are won by the checking lines. Donovan, Lapointe and Neil (if they put those guys together) is a fantastic checking line. Not saying it won't hurt to be missing those guys - obviously it will - but its the grinders who win series, and Ottawa's grinders have improved greatly over last year, something that a lot of people tend to forget.

Baxter
    Just a little thought on the 2007 2008 Ottawa Senators Season...

Our Family has had a tough year...My wife and I had to take my mother in to live with us....I would like to thank the Ottawa Senators for allowing my mom to have the enjoyment of watching this team play hockey - Good or Bad it was a great year seeing my mom get so involve into a Sports she never cared about..She cared this year as it was a place for her to disapper and not worry about or think out her issues..It was a great time being able watch hockey games with her. If Ottawa did not have a Team I'm sure she would not care about hockey..It was fun watching her be so happy when they would win and even upset when they would lose..She never said a bad word about the Team the Players or anything when things started to go bad. All she cared about was being able to watch HER Ottawa Senators. For this reason I say Thank You Ottawa Senators and we are hoping that next Year we will be able to take her to her 1st LIVE Ottawa Senators Home Game......She is what a Fan is about....Thank you guys for allowing me to post this even thoe it may not belong..I just needed to say it...Thanks Mom it was a fun hockey season.

PS.. now I can watch my team play...lol

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Clean house i say. It is obvious that last year the Sens had a great run and were a few pieces short of having a Stanley Cup Team. With this in mind and the obvious downturn of this team's chemistry and confidence Murray has to clean house and get a core of playerst that can compete at the playoff level. Just look at Minnesota or Calgary and you see these players sacrificaing their bodies every shift. Spezza has shown he is one dimensional and we cannot afford to keep him for another 6 years. Murray knew Spezza would be a defensive liability and thats why he was willing to trade for Luongo. Spezza once again last night gave up the puck that resulted in the winning goal. He has gotten worse, not better and to rebuild this team he has got to go. I also see Redden going, Mezaros (restricted I think), Stillman, one or both goalies but I hope they sign Kelly though.

This team was absolutely horrid in the last 6 weeks with only 2 wins, how can anyone be surprised that they were swept especially with key players missing
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter sundog is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Clean house i say. It is obvious that last year the Sens had a great run and were a few pieces short of having a Stanley Cup Team. With this in mind and the obvious downturn of this team's chemistry and confidence Murray has to clean house and get a core of playerst that can compete at the playoff level. Just look at Minnesota or Calgary and you see these players sacrificaing their bodies every shift. Spezza has shown he is one dimensional and we cannot afford to keep him for another 6 years. Murray knew Spezza would be a defensive liability and thats why he was willing to trade for Luongo. Spezza once again last night gave up the puck that resulted in the winning goal. He has gotten worse, not better and to rebuild this team he has got to go. I also see Redden going, Mezaros (restricted I think), Stillman, one or both goalies but I hope they sign Kelly though.

This team was absolutely horrid in the last 6 weeks with only 2 wins, how can anyone be surprised that they were swept especially with key players missing
    1)Stillman likely will be back.
    2)It was more like 8 wins not 2 in the final 6 weeks.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

'We want good people here'

Emery goes up for sale; Murray admits he'd heard talk of partying (Ottawa Citizen)

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...4-88e0e8747024

My plan is not to have him back," said Murray.
    Stories have circulated in Ottawa all season -- and have been around since last summer -- about a fondness for partying among at least some players.
    Murray said he had heard about them.
    He didn't specifically mention Emery's name, but made it clear that's who he was talking about.
    "A couple of stories I was told," he said.
    "Certainly, I think you know who it is. Beyond that, I don't know where that came from, what stories or who else is supposedly involved.
    "As I say, I know the one individual that we've talked about a fair amount."
    Murray said it was obviously a concern to the team, since the lifestyle choices a player makes are ultimately a reflection on the team.
    From a financial standpoint, in a small market such as Ottawa, that is significant. A team can't give fans any reason to stay away. It doesn't need the brand to be tarnished.
    "Yes, their lifestyle is a big part of it, and I've talked to the players about this on a regular basis," said Murray. "Your behaviour, your comments to the press, your comments about teammates, your attitude around the city, is a reflection on us.
    "We want good people here, and that's what we're going to try to achieve this summer and going forward."
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Emery goes up for sale; Murray admits he'd heard talk of partying (Ottawa Citizen)

Stories have circulated in Ottawa all season -- and have been around since last summer -- about a fondness for partying among at least some players.
    He didn't specifically mention Emery's name, but made it clear that's who he was talking about.
    "Certainly, I think you know who it is. Beyond that, I don't know where that came from, what stories or who else is supposedly involved.
    Murray said it was obviously a concern to the team, since the lifestyle choices a player makes are ultimately a reflection on the team.
    From a financial standpoint, in a small market such as Ottawa, that is significant. A team can't give fans any reason to stay away. It doesn't need the brand to be tarnished.
    "Yes, their lifestyle is a big part of it, and I've talked to the players about this on a regular basis," said Murray. "Your behaviour, your comments to the press, your comments about teammates, your attitude around the city, is a reflection on us.
    "We want good people here, and that's what we're going to try to achieve this summer and going forward."
    Why CAN"T YOU LEAVE THIS ALONE...We have all heard you...we all have had threads closed because of this topic you are to afraid to come out and say.

Why do you care so much about this ISSUE you never say????

Please leave it alone, we are all sick of it...it does not have to be posted in every hockey thread or do we need to make a thread with no speaking about a topic someone is to afraid of saying....

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post

I was really hoping that the previous thread and thread closing on this subject would put it to rest once and for all, but obviously certain individuals feel the need to constantly bring up this subject. To those individuals...i have the following to say:

PLEASE, either leave this topic alone, or confront it head on. Enough of this ..................... crap. It's as sickening as the behaviour that causes your incessant commentary. Either confront it honestly, head-on, or leave it alone. Be as accountable for your words as you wish the Senators players to be for their actions. Man up! If you don't have the balls to openly discuss the issue you constantly dredge up, then shut up. I could apologize for being blunt, but given your constant desire to rekindle this issue, i feel no desire to be amicable. Confront the issue, openly, head on, or leave it alone. Enough with your constant air of superiority. Have the balls to say what you're thinking, or let the issue rest. I can't stand this crap any longer. You bring up this issue, without fail, with the certainty that before the discussion turns ugly, it will be shut down by the mods (and rightly so). Well, either you can finally address this issue head on, or do us all a favour and stop bringing it up. It is not helping anyone. I can only hope that you see this post before it is (rightly) deleted by the mods. Man up, or shut up! Good night!

And, sorry Dan. I know this is the type of discussion you would love to avoid. But, as long as certain individuals insist on bringing up this issue, I feel the need to put them in their place.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'm glad I started this thread, it was great fun even if it had to end earlier then we thought. Hope in a few years someone will get a good read out of this from the best start in NHL history to an epic collapse down the stretch. The Sens 2007-2008 Season is DONE.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I was really hoping that the previous thread and thread closing on this subject would put it to rest once and for all, but obviously certain individuals feel the need to constantly bring up this subject.
    And, sorry Dan. I know this is the type of discussion you would love to avoid. But, as long as certain individuals insist on bringing up this issue, I feel the need to put them in their place.
    Here's the thing. These allegations are slanderous rumors. I have made it clear that this is not the place to air this garbage yet certain individuals keep bringing it up. Please take it elsewhere.

I was going to close this thread. Instead I'll leave it open but this part of the discussion ends now. If it returns, threads will be closed.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    As a lifelong Sens fan, it has obviously been a while since I have felt the sting of missing the playoffs. Being swept in four games FEELS like missing the playoffs to me, and it is compounded by the fact that I had an air of realism about playing the Penguins. They were just better.
    Now, as awkward and unfamiliar a feeling as this is, can you imagine it happening EVERY SINGLE YEAR ??
    I think we are lucky and priveleged to have a team that enters the majority of postseasons with an optimistic and hopeful attitude about winning it all, or a least advancing through a few rounds.
    Good thing we're not LEAFS fans!

Thread Information