CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar

Upset this morning!

Given the snowfall yesterday, driving around was pretty dicey. So I looked on a local used website for winter tires and got lucky. I am selling my car in the spring so I don't really need brand spanking new, something with a season left in them would work great. I find some and call the number, I told the fella it was pretty scary driving last night but I would be there in the a.m. with the cash, he said no prob and we'll see you tomorrow. I call him up this a.m. and they are sold to someone else! What a piece of work!! It's such a burn because I had a back up lined up and when the back up called last night, I told him that I would not be buying his tires cause I found a set already. The back up just checked his msg's last night and returned my call. I told buddy this a.m. that his conduct was not very honest or noble. Because of that, I declined out of another deal so that another was free to have the back-up tires. The fella just hung up the phone. Man some people lack respect.

Just needed to vent.
    Last edited by Bidou; 11-23-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: swearing removed

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidou View Post
    I would be there in the a.m. with the cash, he said no prob and we'll see you tomorrow. Man some people are jerks with no respect.
    I know you're just venting, but IMO first one at the door with the cash takes the tires. This guy had no guarantee that you would buy the tires. I'm not trying to be combative, I'm just looking at it from the sellers prospective.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    But he's got the right to be pissed doesn't he Shivas? Don't you think you would be a tad ticked as well, there was a verbal agreement that the tires were his and he was picking them up in the morning. All of a sudden they are sold, that's complete BS.

I realize the whole snooze you loose thing, but we did have an agreement that the a.m. would work. If I can use this forum as an example, in regards to the equipment I've purchased from this site....everything was cool with a "I'll take it and meet you at the GT parking lot on the weekend". Even from a sellers perspective, it's still a dirty thing to do. If the seller wanted to implement a cash at door policy, he should of told me that last night and not agree with me on an a.m. meeting.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    There is a lot of merit to both sides of this situation.......personally I consider my word to be golden and I take others word to mean the same. Bidou certainly has every right to be miffed IMO

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    This fellow's word is not his bond. Take comfort in the words of the American essayist, George Henry Calvert, who wrote: "A man without honour is as mained in his equipment as an accoutred knight without helmet."

I realize the whole snooze you loose thing, but we did have an agreement that the a.m. would work. If I can use this forum as an example, in regards to the equipment I've purchased from this site....everything was cool with a "I'll take it and meet you at the GT parking lot on the weekend". Even from a sellers perspective, it's still a dirty thing to do. If the seller wanted to implement a cash at door policy, he should of told me that last night and not agree with me on an a.m. meeting.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

I try to treat & respect others like I want to be treated & respected. So like Hacker said a person's word, a handshake or a verbal understanding is usually enough for me.....sad that it's not enough for others.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    personally I consider my word to be golden and I take others word to mean the same. Bidou certainly has every right to be miffed IMO
    Bidou does have a right to be miffed, but unfortunately not everyone's word is golden. Unless this seller has had previous dealings with Bidou he has no guarantee that Bidou's word is golden and he is going to show up the next day with the cash. It's certainly not a great way to conduct yourself, but do you really expect the seller to send away a buyer with cash in hand in favour of someone who might show up tomorrow?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Bidou does have a right to be miffed, but unfortunately not everyone's word is golden. Unless this seller has had previous dealings with Bidou he has no guarantee that Bidou's word is golden and he is going to show up the next day with the cash. It's certainly not a great way to conduct yourself, but do you really expect the seller to send away a buyer with cash in hand in favour of someone who might show up tomorrow?
    '

If that was his attitude though, he should have been up front with Bidou about it. Instead of saying, 'Great, I'll see you tomorrow am,' he could have said, 'If they're still here tomorrow am, you can have them.' I'd certainly be annoyed if I was Bidou.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    bidou I understand that you are upset but please refrain from swearing on the forum.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Sorry about the swearing, will not happen again......thought it was allowed if it was disguised. I'll re-read the forum rules.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Life would be simpler if you're dealing with others like they are you... but in reallity that is not the case... there are too many no shows... personally, who ever gets in with the cash, gets the items...

if you ever want me to hold something for you, you better be prepare to drop some cash as deposit... (words and promises are nothing)

By the way, I was not involved in such deal... :-D
    Last edited by 314314; 11-23-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Clarify

Well it's easy to see why some have adopted a money first mentality. After treatment such as this to others, it's no wonder why poeple conduct themselves differently after a bad experience. Live and learn. I am a glass half full type person and I will not change despite this experience. I am positive that there are others with the same attitude and to you I say thank you. Not into branding people into categories because of a bad day.....not judging those who do, jmo.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Bad form on the seller's part. I would have at least expected the courtesy of the cancellation of the appointment, along with an apology.
    Andrew

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    If something like that was done in this forum..... there would be a poor iTrader rating for sure and the word would get around big time. I don't blame you Bidou, you have a right to be **

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    This has happened to me in the past aswell, and is very frustrating ... especially when you have a situation like yours where you opterd not to go with another set because these were promised to you.

IMO, as you said, he should have made it very clear to you that he was taking the 1st $$ he saw ... who knows, maybe you weren't even the only other person he left out to dry o nthis deal ... maybe someone was set up to take them in the afternoon aswell just in case you weren't showing.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    If something like that was done in this forum..... there would be a poor iTrader rating for sure and the word would get around big time. I don't blame you Bidou, you have a right to be **
    I agree!

It's such a burn because I had a back up lined up and when the back up called last night, I told him that I would not be buying his tires cause I found a set already.
    If you cancel your back-up before you have possession of the other tires then that's not really a back-up. The seller was remiss in not advising you of his first come first serve policy, but the inclement weather obviously did not deter the other buyer who made the effort to show up last night.

You can also bet there are numerous instances of buyers not showing up, or reneging on deals. From the sellers standpoint, unless you're making a better offer, there is no reason to turn away someone who is at your door with cash.

However, I think Tony Montana put it most eloquently when he said : "All I have in this world are my word and my balls, and I don't break either for anybody"
    We should all have a little Tony Montana in us.

Thread Information