100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road

ideas of who to book all inclusive vacation through

HI Forum,

Over the last few years, whenever my family has gone away for a week in winter we would book through sell off vacations here in ottawa. I am wondering now if anyone outt there has a recommendation of another place to book through? Always looking to save a few $ so just wondering what other people do for their bookings?

thanks for the info

Pitching Wedge leftyunderpar is on a distinguished road leftyunderpar's Avatar
    yyztravel.com

found it to be cheaper than selloffvacations, used them for a trip to Mexico last week.

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    interesting,

checking it out now, it was exactly th same price for my trip to jamaica as sell off vacations.

anyway thanks, but i have ooked through sell off again,

jamaica here i go

7 Wood Newbie is on a distinguished road
    My wife and I are always on the travel sites and at times a big difference in price exists for the same resorts between companies...bookitfor less, selloff, escapes are a few that we look at eack day. We have researched then booked 7 trips all for a couple of weeks to the same resort in Cuba. Breezes Jibacoa. 2 weeks at a 4 star for 1100 a piece was our best and that was last year. Always booked LAST MINUTE and started the research very early so that we knew exactly when to press PURCHASE! This year the deals are scarce however a week at the Breezes Bella osta or Breezes Varadero with al inclusive golf could have been had for 565 plus 230 tax three weeks ago.
    Last edited by Newbie; 01-31-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling

2 Iron Gulfer is on a distinguished road Gulfer's Avatar
    www.flightcentre.ca / packages is where I found a good deal recently, after looking for 3 weeks.

Many of these companies go to the same central repository to find their deals, but you have to search a few sites because not all agents sell packages from all tour operators.

In my mind, you should sign up for the emails at www.travellastminute.ca, www.targetvacations.ca and www.travelzoo.ca to see automatic notifications, otherwise search the following once a day. After some research, as a previous responder said, yoiu have to be and will know when to hit "buy":

www.redtag.ca
    www.flightcentre.ca
    www.targetvacations.ca
    www.varvacations.com
    www.selloffvacations.com
    Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful woman - and you can keep the golf clubs and fresh air. - Jack Benny

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Time to resurrect an old thread. Any other idea for Punta Cana March 7th, 2009 for 1 week all inclusive.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Just got back from a destination wedding on the Mayan Riviera, booked through Flight Centre and flew with Sun Wing. Would not recommend either. As for F/C their services was poor with terrible connections (attendees flew from all across Canada and got poor departure and arrival times). Sun Wing could not handle the passengers at either the Toronto or Cancun end efficiently leading to delays. They also do not inform you of the weight limits ($20/kg over 20kg limit) or cost for booking your seat in advance up front ($15/each way). What this causes is people switching stuff in their bags at the airport trying to get under the per bag limit and dithering over where they should sit with what's left of the seats. Just a money grab... IMHO.

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    i have taken 3 vacations with sunwing, each time it has been a pure pleasure. Their website is very clear on the baggage limits, as well on the ability to book seats for a small charge. I have never used flight center, , but sun wing is my tour operator of choice for sure

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    In the last three years i have used these websites and got these vacations
    selloffvacations.com - Sunwing vacations - punta cana
    itravel2000.com - aircanada vacations - mayan riviera
    gotraveldirect.com - go travel direct - punta cana
    All were great , but i had to chose the best overall experience , its Air Canada .
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

7 Wood sharon.gmc is on a distinguished road
    I agree selloffvacations is great site. . . We used it once.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Any sites that offer all inclusive golf packages? I can’t find anything other then golf is available in the area but your expense and booking. I would like something all inclusive with one round of golf per day.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Sand Wedge Pinseeker is on a distinguished road
    That is something I have been searching for as well. Any luck yet?

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinseeker View Post
    That is something I have been searching for as well. Any luck yet?
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    air canada vacations are good sometimes. I would stay away from Go travel, many stories out there, I have one for anyone who is interested.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark View Post
    air canada vacations are good sometimes. I would stay away from Go travel, many stories out there, I have one for anyone who is interested.
    Hmm... I'm not sure if I am interested considering that I just booked with them But tell me anyways.

I was satisfied with them last year (Ottawa -> Cancun -> Riviera Maya), even though they sent the shuttle bus to the wrong resort when we were flying home. We waited 45 minutes before cabbing ourselves from Playa de Carmen to Cancun, but were reimbursed by Go Travel when we got to the airport.

It's tough (probably impossible) to find an airline, or resort that hasn't had its fair share of complaints. There are some doosies on tripadvisor.com.

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Any sites that offer all inclusive golf packages? I can’t find anything other then golf is available in the area but your expense and booking. I would like something all inclusive with one round of golf per day.

Mike
    Have you checked this site:
    http://www.all-inclusives.com/golf/golf.htm

Looks like you have to fill out a form to get the pricing info "Click to request quote".

AftOf245
    http://www.meritgolfvacations.com/

I have used them for the last 3 years and they do a good job. I think it is a good time to stay away from the pure travel companies as solvency is going to be an issue this year.

Thread Information