100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by trunkslammer View Post
    Looking forward to it.
    Judging by the comments of your TGN supporters, I just realized that I may suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. Perhaps you would allow me to amend my comment to "anything 'I' wish to wager?" It seems that I should be asking for shots, instead. My factor has zipped up this year to a season ending 0.9 because of inconsistent ball striking and a layer of cellophane that our club placed over its 3" cups. I was a much better player when they used Kentucky Fried Chicken buckets as holes. Where do you play golf?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Judging by the comments of your TGN supporters, I just realized that I may suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. Perhaps you would allow me to amend my comment to "anything 'I' wish to wager?" It seems that I should be asking for shots, instead. My factor has zipped up this year to a season ending 0.9 because of inconsistent ball striking and a layer of cellophane that our club placed over its 3" cups. I was a much better player when they used Kentucky Fried Chicken buckets as holes. Where do you play golf?

Considering how most of your posts are so technical BC, it's good to see some light hearted humour out of you. I found this to be quite funny.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I want to get to the stage when I complain about my HDCP going UP to 0.9.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Considering how most of your posts are so technical BC, it's good to see some light hearted humour out of you. I found this to be quite funny.
    In my youth I was a club thrower, divot slasher and sometimes a miserable SOB to be around when I hit less than perfect shots. Somewhere along the line I learned that this childish behaviour reinforced my bad shots and increased the chances of my repeating them. The only way to deal with poor shots is to laugh them off and learn from them. Now, I get excited about my good shots, the few that I hit, and when the round is over, it is those that I remember and cherish.

There is no lack of humour when we play, and there is nothing like some gentle ribbing and a few belly laughs along the way to make a day of playing golf a lot more fun, regardless of the score. When all is said and done it is the fun that you had, with the friends that you played, that is important, not the score. Our season ended last Thursday playing 27 holes, on a calm day, with a lot of laughs, and some excellent golf. A lifelong golfing friend shot 74, his best in 30+ years, and the look of excitement and satisfaction on his face was priceless. My 4 under 68, was a pleasant surprise, (the buckets must have been back) but a great way to end the year. Three mediocre to poor shots on 16 black, followed by a holed bunker shot for birdie, has got to make one laugh. Golf is too much fun and too enjoyable to play, to waste it being angry at not playing like a Tour pro..

3 Iron guitarman is on a distinguished road guitarman's Avatar
    Golf is too much fun and too enjoyable to play, to waste it being angry at not playing like a Tour pro..

When I feel like I'm going to lose it over a bad shot I just try to remember that I'm not good enough to be mad over a bad shot.
    Terry

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    In my youth I was a club thrower, divot slasher and sometimes a miserable SOB to be around when I hit less than perfect shots. Somewhere along the line I learned that this childish behaviour reinforced my bad shots and increased the chances of my repeating them. The only way to deal with poor shots is to laugh them off and learn from them. Now, I get excited about my good shots, the few that I hit, and when the round is over, it is those that I remember and cherish.

There is no lack of humour when we play, and there is nothing like some gentle ribbing and a few belly laughs along the way to make a day of playing golf a lot more fun, regardless of the score. When all is said and done it is the fun that you had, with the friends that you played, that is important, not the score. Our season ended last Thursday playing 27 holes, on a calm day, with a lot of laughs, and some excellent golf. A lifelong golfing friend shot 74, his best in 30+ years, and the look of excitement and satisfaction on his face was priceless. My 4 under 68, was a pleasant surprise, (the buckets must have been back) but a great way to end the year. Three mediocre to poor shots on 16 black, followed by a holed bunker shot for birdie, has got to make one laugh. Golf is too much fun and too enjoyable to play, to waste it being angry at not playing like a Tour pro..
    Great post BC! Like my dad says, you're not going to do this for a living so you might as well have fun at it!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Lob Wedge trunkslammer is on a distinguished road
    I was a Member of a private club - North Halton in Georgetown for 20 years before I left this year. We have about 150 single handicappers and our Sunday games are always very competitive. You might know Mary Ann Lapointe - she is a member. I am not a 0.9 but I am well known to be a grinder in match play and in our Sunday groups, we always play heads up and I must say I can always hold mine own especially in match play.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road

One of the best posts I have read in a LOOONNNGGG time.

I have taken this approach this year and my index dropped. Its alot more fun this way for sure.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

BCMIST, THANK YOU for this post..... this is one of the best posts I have read in here in a loooooooong time. I laugh at a lot of posts in here but this one put a genuine smile on my face and turned a miserable day brighter!

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum.

Thread Information