+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar

Patriots Rout Bills

This is getting downright embarrassing!

56-10 a couple of minutes into the 4th quarter...
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Big Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftygolfer3 View Post
    This is getting downright embarrassing!

56-10 a couple of minutes into the 4th quarter...
    ...and NBC moved this game into the SNF slot!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i'm wondering why NE went for it on 4th and 2. why didn't they kick the FG?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    i'm wondering why NE went for it on 4th and 2. why didn't they kick the FG?

If you have to ask this question, you haven't been following football lately. STATEMENT!!!! That's what the Pats are all about this year, making one bold statement to the rest of the league. We are the best, come and get us.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    GO BILLS!

Still in the playoff hunt. Good decision not to let Marshawn Lynch play today. I'm sure he was willing to play on his ankle, but they made the smart decision. They kept him out of a game they needed a miracle to win, and will hopefully have a healthy halfback next week.

And, I have to say. Kudos to the pats for not quitting and going on 4th down. If you know you can get it, there's no reason not to. But I do wish the Bills had gone for it on fourth instead of taking the FG

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The score could have been even worse. Brady and Moss were taken out with 11 minutes left. As well, the Pats punted late in the game when they had 4th and inches. Brady was quoted after the game as saying: "Coach says he puts you out there to score when you touch it. ... He doesn't put you out there to punt." Buffalo president, Marv Levy observed that: "They are magnificent. They really are."

In response to your question, Silly, regarding fourth down tries the Buffalo coach, Jauron, had this to say: "I have no problem with that. ... It's our job to stop it." He apparently hasn't heard of the unwritten rule!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    It sure is scarey to think about what the Pats would have been able to do to teams if they were still "Stealing" their defensive calls

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    In response to your question, Silly, regarding fourth down tries the Buffalo coach, Jauron, had this to say: "I have no problem with that. ... It's our job to stop it." He apparently hasn't heard of the unwritten rule!
    I think that Book of Unwritten Rules must have been checked out of the library the day Jauron went there...

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    I think that Book of Unwritten Rules must have been checked out of the library the day Jauron went there...

Poor guy, he missed out then on a reason to be upset.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    What happened to that "UNWRITTEN RULE" that you don't run the score up? SillyWilly comment on this please as you are the expert! Somehow I feel the PATS didn't get that email about running up the scores and how that is not a very polite thing to do to the other teams that just can't compete

Those dudes in NE are making a HUGE statement right now.

As long as they can back it up come playoff time.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Lob Wedge cldale is on a distinguished road
    I for one love what the Pats are doing right now. I think we so often cheer for the lovable loser, the underdog team that we don't appreciate greatness, and this pats team is definatly the best I have ever seen take the field. Their offense can have its way with any team, and I am convinced they would have carved indy up if they'd opened up that game a little more (personally, I think NE didn't want to give up too much to an opponent they knew they'd see again in the AFC final).

All this overshadows the story of my Browns. Will I get to see another playoff game for only the second time this decade? I dearly hope so.

Buddy of mine is a Lions fan. Neither of us is sure what to make of this year, its like bizarro world for Lions and Browns fans. We're all collectively waiting for the ax to fall.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    pare, I'm sure he has heard of it but just chooses not to call out the best team in the NFL because they will be the best team in the NFL for the next 3-4 years. They still have to play them again and calling them out IMO would be a big mistake! Its not like BUF didn't try to throw a TD with one second left, they are just as guilty (in this one particular game)

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Guilty of trying to score in a game while the clock is running. Shame on them.
    So silly, in your opinion is that worse than commiting purgery under oath?
    At least that rule is written down somewhere.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Guilty of trying to score in a game while the clock is running. Shame on them.
    So silly, in your opinion is that worse than commiting purgery under oath?
    At least that rule is written down somewhere.
    OK, where is the real Dan, what have you guys done with him?

Mr. K, is that you or has someone taken over your 'puter?

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    OK, where is the real Dan, what have you guys done with him?

Mr. K, is that you or has someone taken over your 'puter?

The adrenaline is still pumping from his banning over at TGN. He's in a fiesty mood! (1).

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Just pointing out the rather obvious contradictions within the lad's thinking processes.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Just pointing out the rather obvious contradictions within the lad's thinking processes.
    Now that is a real big ASSUMPTION!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    pare, I'm sure he has heard of it but just chooses not to call out the best team in the NFL because they will be the best team in the NFL for the next 3-4 years. They still have to play them again and calling them out IMO would be a big mistake! Its not like BUF didn't try to throw a TD with one second left, they are just as guilty (in this one particular game)
    Hey Willy,

The Bills are not playing the Pats this year anymore (unless in the play-off). They lost to them the first game of the year. I can't believe I thought the Bills might keep this game close. I am not learning. Always take the Pats even if you have to give 20 pts. They are just awesome. First half: 5 possession - 5 TD. First seven possession - 7TD. What else can we say.

As far as going for it on 4th down. Well they gave the Bills a chance to stop them. If they kick FG they are just piling up more pts. There is no winning.

I don't know why the Bills didn't send 7, 8 or 9 players after Brady and maybe shake him a little bit. I don't think the rush touch him once all night. I know if you send 9 guys on the rush you might be vulnerable.... they might have scored a TD....

I have been watching football for a long time and I have never seen a better offense than the Pats...

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Like an astrologer, you will never admit of any fact (even, in this case, the statement of an NFL coach) that suggests that your premise may be wrong. Just as astrology is not science, because its underlying theory admits of no disproof, yours is similarly founded on faith and equally impervious to reason or fact. For that reason, I see little to be gained by further pursuing this subject with you. Let me add, though, that I find it amusing that you would close your remarks by attacking Buffalo for having the audacity to try to score. It would seem, then, that according to your Silly logic, good teams should stop trying to score after a certain undefined point in the game, and losing teams should simply accept their fate as losers, and not try to score at all. This may be your insight into the NFL, but it's not mine. I hardly think it is a view that would garner much support in the NFL.

Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Buffalo let the clock run out in the second half, actually. You'd be the worst coach in the world if you didn't throw up a hail mary going into the half with your team down by that much.

Also, Buffalo has gotten thrashed by the Pats twice this year...which means they don't have to play them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Hey Willy,

The Bills are not playing the Pats this year anymore (unless in the play-off). They lost to them the first game of the year. I can't believe I thought the Bills might keep this game close. I am not learning. Always take the Pats even if you have to give 20 pts. They are just awesome. First half: 5 possession - 5 TD. First seven possession - 7TD. What else can we say.

As far as going for it on 4th down. Well they gave the Bills a chance to stop them. If they kick FG they are just piling up more pts. There is no winning.

I don't know why the Bills didn't send 7, 8 or 9 players after Brady and maybe shake him a little bit. I don't think the rush touch him once all night. I know if you send 9 guys on the rush you might be vulnerable.... they might have scored a TD....

I have been watching football for a long time and I have never seen a better offense than the Pats...
    I honestly don't think you made a bad pick IF Marshawn Lynch had been in the game. Not that they would have won with him in, but their offence relies so much on the run game setting up the throw. With him in the game, there's a whole other dimension, and you might have seen them able to keep it close. maybe.

I've got a question for the football experts out there. What the hell is with the Bills treating Losman like a pocket quarterback? Obviously one of his biggest strengths is his ability to run, and throw the ball on the run, but you never see them let him loose. He's a lot more effective that way than in the pocket, and yet they rarely call bootlegs or anything to take advantage of it (which I think is particularly foolish when their offensive line has so much trouble holding the defense at bay). Any insight?

Thread Information