CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Wink Hey, didn't the Sens play the Leafs last night?

When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    ...If you can call that a hockey game, Rich. Both teams looked a little flat. Toronto certainly had a game plan though - dump the puck! How many shots were there combined, 35? Poor entertainment in that one.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Rich you sound like my mother...came home last night after the game, and wow it was like 1967 all over again....wait I was not born yet...but I bet it was just like that...can anyone remember?

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Ugh, what a snoozefest. That's the first Sens game that's been televised out here in a couple of weeks, and I was really looking forward it. Was hoping for another hard hitting, emotional, offensive game. Man was that boring. (and I'm not trying to take away from the leafs. they were definitely the better team last night....its just that neither was very good at all)

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Hope you did not hurt yourself climbing on the "Float" in todays Leaf Victory Parade............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Was that a hockey game???

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    rich, rich, rich....even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Why no thread after the 5-1 Ottawa win vs Toronto? No, because last night was Toronto's cup final. Congratulations! Globe and Mail even had an article that said:

"Leafs enter elite company with win over Senators"
    Toronto joined the Hurricanes and Capitals as the only teams to beat Ottawa this season thanks to a 3-0 win at home on Saturday.

LOL

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    So I guess all leaf fans should tune in around 8 next saturday! after the hour long look back of when the leafs beat the sens!

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    So I guess all leaf fans should tune in around 8 next saturday! after the hour long look back of when the leafs beat the sens!
    Ten years from now the Leafs will have a 1 hour pregame ceremony marking the date (Nov.17) they shutout the Sens. They will bring all the players who were part of that historic win...........They will then keep honouring that historic Date of Nov. 17 ever 10 years after that...........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    LOL! No preconceived notions here. I know that my Leafs suck. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs once again. I just find it kinda humourous that whenever there's a Sens victory, the forum is lit up with rah rah, but when they lose, it's as if the game never happened. Must be a glitch in the forum software, eh?

Hey Dan, can you check that out please?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

LOL! No preconceived notions here. I know that my Leafs suck. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs once again. I just find it kinda humourous that whenever there's a Sens victory, the forum is lit up with rah rah, but when they lose, it's as if the game never happened. Must be a glitch in the forum software, eh?

Man, we got beat by the leafs, let us lick our wounds in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Man, we got beat by the leafs, let us lick our wounds in peace
    Even worse, you got beat by Washington.

Even worse, you got beat by Washington.
    I take back all those nice things I said about you at Stonebridge Do you have shares in Sifto (all the salt you are piuring in my wounds)

I take back all those nice things I said about you at Stonebridge Do you have shares in Sifto (all the salt you are piuring in my wounds)
    Gotta get my licks in while I can. No doubt the Sens are the class of the league right now, and deservedly so. With a record of 15-3, they must realize that they're going to have big, shiny targets on their backs every time out. Comes with the territory.

Pretty foolish of the sports bureaus to start projecting things like 72-10, less than a 1/4 in to the season. Must drive the players nuts.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Why is it that the Sens have such a hard time getting up for games against teams NOT IN THE PLAY-OFFS???

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar

Where are you seeing this? Last Sens related thread was "Sens scare me" on the 3rd November. Was about Sens almost blowing a huge lead. There have been 7 games since then, Sens have won 5 of them (inc a 5-1 win vs TO and a 3-1 win vs MTL). Where are these 5 rah rah threads???

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Where are you seeing this? Last Sens related thread was "Sens scare me" on the 3rd November. Was about Sens almost blowing a huge lead. There have been 7 games since then, Sens have won 5 of them (inc a 5-1 win vs TO and a 3-1 win vs MTL). Where are these 5 rah rah threads???
    Hee hee. Okay Hank, ya got me there. It's true that there's not a rah rah thread every time the Sens win. But you gotta read between the lines Hank. It was just a general statement. I just hope that Sens fans aren't getting complacent with all this winning going on so early in the season, and I really hope that the players aren't either. There are enough signs to show that they're taking games against weaker teams for granted, and marking in the 2 points before the game has even started. That's not a good thing.

There are enough signs to show that they're taking games against weaker teams for granted, and marking in the 2 points before the game has even started. That's not a good thing.
    I agree 100% !!!!

............but I am going to have to send an inspector over to you place of work to verify your TML fan credentials - your intelligent, non-partisan, comments on a hockey related subject has cast some serious doubt on your status as a Leafs Nation member

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I agree 100% !!!!

............but I am going to have to send an inspector over to you place of work to verify your TML fan credentials - your intelligent, non-partisan, comments on a hockey related subject has cast some serious doubt on your status as a Leafs Nation member
    LMFAO!!

Actually, I'm very hard to find. I live in a land filled with unicorns, leprechauns, dodo birds, and honest politicians. It's a wonderful place.

LMFAO!!

Actually, I'm very hard to find. I live in a land filled with unicorns, leprechauns, dodo birds, and honest politicians. It's a wonderful place.

I suppose that every rainbow has a pot of gold at the end of it and every June there is a parade that runs down Yonge Street.......

I suppose that every rainbow has a pot of gold at the end of it and every June there is a parade that runs down Yonge Street.......
    Hey! Let an old man have his dream, eh?!?

Hey! Let an old man have his dream, eh?!?
    Rich, I think you mean fantasy

Rich, I think you mean fantasy
    No my friend, Natalie Gulbis is a fantasy. (and a subject for a different thread)

No my friend, Natalie Gulbis is a fantasy. (and a subject for a different thread)
    You probably have more chances with natalie than the Leafs have with the cup right now

You probably have more chances with natalie than the Leafs have with the cup right now
    DAMN!!!! Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed errrr couch this morning??? That was just HARSH - I LOVE IT

DAMN!!!! Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed errrr couch this morning??? That was just HARSH - I LOVE IT
    He was encroaching on my Natalie turf I lost my head with jealousy for a moment

He was encroaching on my Natalie turf I lost my head with jealousy for a moment
    Sounds reasonable to me

............she looked gooooood yesterday in her black outfit

Sounds reasonable to me

............she looked gooooood yesterday in her black outfit
    mmmmmmmmm Natalie

Thread Information