100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Some of us will have to clone ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    hey you can play us NCGT memebers!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    no we will just see where your true colours are! lol

I'm usually black and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    no we will just see where your true colours are! lol
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftygolfer3 View Post
    Well, at least one sponsor is upset enough to leave over the crap:

http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showt...440#post207440
    SOUR GRAPES IMO.

"Reason I am leaving? When classless hacks are protected on this site and contributing (and some paying) members are left hanging in the wind that just doesn’t sit well with me."

Could the reason really be that this sponsor was not gaining any business from that site?

It's really humourus how some guys carved TourIQ up over on TGN and yet they do not have a bad word to say about him over here.

Is it because they know their buddies from TGN will not jump in to defend them?

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    SOUR GRAPES IMO.

"Reason I am leaving? When classless hacks are protected on this site and contributing (and some paying) members are left hanging in the wind that just doesn’t sit well with me."

Could the reason really be that this sponsor was not gaining any business from that site?

It's really humourus how some guys carved TourIQ up over on TGN and yet they do not have a bad word to say about him over here.

Is it because they know their buddies from TGN will not jump in to defend them?
    Yes, sour grapes, but I think with reason. When a site has a rule in place that a sponsor has 'exclusive rights' its opening a can or worms. The can of worms being that nobody else can advertise, and any link or mention of another business is against the rules...unless...you can find the loop hole in the system. People warned them of what would happen, but they chose not to listen.

So, when somebody found a loop hole...it was allowed, even though it was an obvious tactic for free advertisement. If your going to play in their sandbox, you have to play by their rules (or find a loop hole)...or suffer the consequences..such as they are. People seen through the whole ordeal and questioned the tactics and whatnot and why the mods werent upholding their own rules....El Tigre seems to be the most active Mod over there and got caught up in the crossfire and a bad comment slipped out.

So the problems are multiple over there...too far in depth to go into, nor do I really care to be honest. But I say that people dont "cut up" TourIQ here because there are a totally different set of rules in place and no rules have been broken by anything he says/links/advertises. So its all good. I dont think its because they "have no backup".

This is an easy going friendly atmosphere with Mods that join in the banter and good times, not just lurk around waiting for something to happen. This is the first forum I have joined, and is always a good place to come for conversation on a game we all love to play.

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftygolfer3 View Post
    Well, at least one sponsor is upset enough to leave over the crap: http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showt...440#post207440
    This URL link does not exist now. He started a new thread titled "Saying good bye".
    Kind regards, Harry

Putter mikejb is on a distinguished road mikejb's Avatar
    Well I have moved over from the nonsense that engulfed that site.

It is too bad since I had been there so long, it all went downhill.

based on the members that once posted great information on TGN I am happy to know about this place.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    welcome mikejb and the rest...

Lob Wedge LITR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Did not see the quote, so can not comment on what the Moderator said or did not say regarding "small town" mentality........Understood from reading the TGN site that the moderator in question was El Tigre.

El Tigre listed his location as Ottawa and did "upset" a few GTA people at times when he defended the Ottawa quality golf courses which were being "ripped" by just about everybody on the Toronto forum.
    One poster even said "Oh well most of us are in the GTA......sucks to be u.......moving right along"
    El Tigre's response was "TGN is not an exclusive club open only to people who live in the GTA - we welcome members from anywhere.
    This thread is supposed to be about the top 50 Golf Courses in Ontario, not where most of TGN's members are located."
    http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showp...8&postcount=51

So in summary there may have been some biased feeling building towards this Moderator.........One would hope not because he is from Ottawa.........
    Hi from the TGN mess. ET was very correct in this posting and the response he received was moronic. As with every forum, sadly, morons will pop up and chime in. Also, some folks are GTA centric ( I know, hard to believe.......) and feel that nothing exists outside of their little world. To be fair though, some of the posters were commenting on courses that they have played.

The most recent heat on ET was due to a perceived lack of fairness in his moderating. The perceptions started, from memory, about 6 months ago and has been gaining strength.

Bellyhungry
    Like many immigrants who come to Canada from war-torn countries...It is better off to leave the fighting back home ....
    Last edited by The Saint; 11-22-2007 at 06:11 AM. Reason: content may be considered racist

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    And not a high handicapper among you. Seems like a discrimination case, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    like me! haha...

i wish i would have seen the thread... sounds interesting...

Harry the Mods here are:
    Myself.
    Dan.
    Geoff.
    Nat Williams.
    Lance Lepage.
    Colby
    Chris St. Michael.

7 of the most laid back guys you'll ever meet... "Props" gents, we rock... LMAO

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    *** Mod Post ***

Please refrain from posting anything that might be considered racist. Thanks for your co-operation.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    And not a high handicapper among you. Seems like a discrimination case, if you ask me.
    whats your definition of a highcapper?

ME! High Handicapper....

whats your definition of a highcapper?

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    ME! High Handicapper....
    thats a pretty nice bag set up for a high handicaper hows the rangefinder treating you

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I love it.
    And the bag is the only part of my game that is nice Jarred. But I am working on it.

thats a pretty nice bag set up for a high handicaper hows the rangefinder treating you

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    although what is happening on TGN sucks, its great news for this site and dans toronto site. If a lot of people come over from toronto and it gets the toronto membership and traffic up he can sign more toronto courses and get the traffic up even higher. It means you guys can probably play your ryder cup between this site and dans other site... and you can hit him up for some prizes now! haha

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Having moved back to TO from kingston a yr or so ago, I do find myself popping in at OG just to see some more level headed fun over tgn which I am on a fair bit.
    In meeting some of you guys a couple times it is definitely a more relaxed non confrontational nature.

Some of the people over here GTA-wise are bored and appear to enjoy stirring things up.
    One guy recently posted with a comment about his "Ex Jap Wife". This is the year 2007, you just don't post such an inflammatory comment.

Now I golf, swear, make silly comments, but in this day and age with so many multinational members it was low. When the mods banned the poster on that issue everone in his camp tried the old, its so boring here, mods are overstepping their grounds etc etc.
    I think things like this recent problem and erasing of comments is just a group of fed up mods. Maybe they're in the wrong, but I think it has more to do with being fed up.
    If banning someone for a racist comment isn't understood, because they like the guy who said it, how can the mods win?
    just my 2 cents.
    ps hi geoff, hi dan, hi donny, nat etc etc.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

3 Iron guitarman is on a distinguished road guitarman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    I must agree. The members make the forum, not the mods. Kudos to you for being better behaved than those folks.
    Wow. All the love here. I've never seen this much love over at TGN I think I'll rent a chick flick tonight.

People? There has to be more to it than that
    I gaurantee that there is nothing to that. There is a mod over there of a different ethnicity that tried to change the meaning of my words to "play the race card". Every single person that saw the post and reread the post could not see what this mod was making of it. I guess the mod did not realize that I to am a minority and would never use racial slurs.
    The use of the word "people" was my first ban. The reason given for my last ban was "None". The best thing to do over there is stay out of any threads that involve conflict. If there is any sense that you are not on thier side you may find your self banned.
    Terry

Big Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
    If there is any sense that you are not on thier side you may find your self banned.
    I resemble that remark, and I've moved on...
    ...I 'might' check in to TGN when my 'ban' is lifted, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shooter View Post
    I resemble that remark, and I've moved on...
    ...I 'might' check in to TGN when my 'ban' is lifted, but I doubt it.
    There is alot of us with the same sentiment....... Although, I am not banned at the moment.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark View Post
    Having moved back to TO from kingston a yr or so ago, I do find myself popping in at OG just to see some more level headed fun over tgn which I am on a fair bit.
    In meeting some of you guys a couple times it is definitely a more relaxed non confrontational nature.

Some of the people over here GTA-wise are bored and appear to enjoy stirring things up.
    One guy recently posted with a comment about his "Ex Jap Wife". This is the year 2007, you just don't post such an inflammatory comment.

Now I golf, swear, make silly comments, but in this day and age with so many multinational members it was low. When the mods banned the poster on that issue everone in his camp tried the old, its so boring here, mods are overstepping their grounds etc etc.
    I think things like this recent problem and erasing of comments is just a group of fed up mods. Maybe they're in the wrong, but I think it has more to do with being fed up.
    If banning someone for a racist comment isn't understood, because they like the guy who said it, how can the mods win?
    just my 2 cents.
    ps hi geoff, hi dan, hi donny, nat etc etc.

Well said... this was nothing other than the most vocal posters feeling they could get away with just about anything. And when people did not like that their buddy got banned they took a hissy fit and tried to ruin it for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    Well said... this was nothing other than the most vocal posters feeling they could get away with just about anything. And when people did not like that their buddy got banned they took a hissy fit and tried to ruin it for everyone else.

PLease! This is your perspective only.

Some long time posters were banned. Some of the offensives were quite trivial in nature. Some of the folks that were left were vocal in their disagreements with some of the bannings.

Bellyhungry
    I suppose the ex-pats from TGN can and should leave the fighting back where they were....

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    like me! haha...

i wish i would have seen the thread... sounds interesting...

Harry the Mods here are:
    Myself.
    Dan.
    Geoff.
    Nat Williams.
    Lance Lepage.
    Colby
    Chris St. Michael.

7 of the most laid back guys you'll ever meet... "Props" gents, we rock... LMAO
    and they all are a big part of the general fun character of the forum.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellyhungry View Post
    I suppose the ex-pats from TGN can and should leave the fighting back where they were....
    Bellyhungry,

As long as the discussion is civil and it follows the rules of the forum, we are not going to disallow it. It is the same as any other topic, as long as it is being discussed in the correct thread, doesn't hijack other threads, and people are civil, it is all good. It is hoped that it will all pass one day, but we also realize with every current or former TGN member that joins here and becomes active, the topic will be given a breathe of life for a short while.

Hopefully everyone who joins can be an active particpant in the forum. Some will be more active than others, as that is the way in every forum, but we hope that everyone can contribute towards a healthy, friendly place to discuss golf and a variety of other topice as well as possibly develop some friendships. If I never have to use my moderator powers I am a happy guy!

As I type this it is about -13 and it looks like the snow is here to stay Enjoy your day and I look forward to chatting with you in the forum and possibly the course!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Lob Wedge luv2golow is on a distinguished road
    Well now that the controversy is seemingly over, I'd like to tell you all about a new place for golf discussion, as well as a new opponent for the Ryder Cup matches in the spring. www.torontogolfinsider.com is our new stomping grounds for those disgruntled TGN'ers, as well as those seeking a different alternative. I hope that you will drop by to say hello and give us your imput on the site. You are all most welcome to attend. Thanks for your time, Dave

Luv2golow, I just had a look at your site. Very nice. I thought that I had been there before, when I realized that your format is nearly identical (save for the colour) to Ottawagolf.com. Good luck with your venture.

Lob Wedge luv2golow is on a distinguished road
    Thanks. We will be updating our format according to the members requests. Eventually we will be changing our colour scheme, but since we only launced the board on Saturday; we just wanted to get up and running to work out some of the kinks. Certainly has given me a greater appreciation for what guys like Dan Kilbank do. Running a site is not that easy, even though guys like dan make it look that way. Look forward to seeing you folks on the other side, and thanks for your support.

.... and hopefully this year we won't get fed the supreme beat-down at the TGI/OG Ryder cup. But I must say, our matches were certainly interesting, especially ours between myself, Brian and yourself and Lance. I still can't believe the run of birdies you guys had.....

Putter Rocknronny is on a distinguished road Rocknronny's Avatar

I think most of you know who I am!

WOW! I just saw this thread today and I must say it was a good read. As Dave has pointed out to you all we launched a new board Toronto Golf Insider on Saturday. We look forward to getting involved in a friendly rivalries that can se setteld on the golf course. Dave does have one thing wrong thow, Ryder Cup should take place in the fall closer to Touney it self.

RR
    PS
    Can any of you IT guys hook us up with some much needed smilies?

Thread Information