100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    We have a new leader! We now await the final tally of "local rounds played". This is awesome!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rpangman View Post
    Golfbum, the retiring Golf Pig of the year, put me up to entering this years pig of the year contest. I am at 178 rounds and still playing. My wife and I are retired and play every day. At the present time, we actually belong to 4 golf courses.

I will vouch for this PIG & PIGLET! They truly are Golf Pigs. He joined the course I belong to back in early September. Last week he told me they figure they will have enough rounds with carts by the middle of next May to cover the price of their membership. From there on it is FREE GOLF

Hey the good folks of this forum would be in shock if you added in your winter vacation rounds

Atta Boy Ronnie, I knew you were good for something after you retired.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

I think I like "piglet" better than "sow" less scientifically accurate, but might be better received by the women. I'll post that in the sow thread and see what they think.

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Golfbum, the retiring Golf Pig of the year, put me up to entering this years pig of the year contest. I am at 178 rounds and still playing. My wife and I are retired and play every day. At the present time, we actually belong to 4 golf courses.
    Ron my friend, I didn't know you were going to knock off last years GolfPig and be crowned this years GolfPig for 2007. I guess you could of got in a few more rounds had you really commited yourself to golf and not done some travelling How many rounds did your partner Pat get in?

I did get to play 1 round this season with the 2006 GolfPig and the 2007 GolfPig, but no Piglets [what a shame]. The highlight of my golfing this season. Two great guys to have fun with on an afternoon.
    Kind regards, Harry

Hi ALL

I will give everyone a heads up on elder boy Ronnie. Never watch his 1st tee shot then bet the man for money ... cause you will lose. The man can flat out get around the course and score low. He is a very deceiving gentleman with a solid game to match. Sorry Ronnie,
    I had to tell everyone not to bet the farm against ya. They have a family to feed and income to earn.
    Kind regards, Harry

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    I did get to play on Tuesday, Nov. 20th. The way the weather looks, that may be it for the season. 179 rounds now.

I think we have to wait for Dec 31 to close this. Ya never know what may happen.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 11-24-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    I think we have to wait for Dec 31 to close this. Ya never know what may hapen.
    What could happen is that I fire up the sticks and play the "LIttle Course" every day from now until December 31

Well, it now seems certain there will be no more local golf this year so...

Congratulations to rpangman Golf Pig of the Year 2007

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Dan, c'mon, this could all melt away... Sure it can... Yep... Any time now...
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

It would not be possible to catch him anyway. gbower is more than 10 rounds behind him I believe.

I bow down to Ronnie! He is the man this year! Funny how it took another resident of St Thomas to dethrone the 2006 Golf Pig

Between the two of us we had close to 350 rounds played in this area. Not bad for a couple of old Ford retirees He has the edge on me though, he doesn't work part time in the summer. I will have to get him a job at the course so I can have a better shot at him in 2008!
    Hey Ronnie, are you taking the former PIG out for a drink to celebrate? Remember, we can't go to Hooters

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    It sure does look like we are finished around here and I'm sure the southern Ontario guys will still get a game or two in yet. That extra few weeks season down there makes a big difference. Congrats.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Even with the amount of hot air in this town I'm pretty sure the snow is here to stay.

Come on March!
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    It sure does look like we are finished around here and I'm sure the southern Ontario guys will still get a game or two in yet. That extra few weeks season down there makes a big difference. Congrats.

I don't know, we might be done for the season down this way. Once it snows most of the courses pull the flags and do not put them back in. Last year was a rare exception when a couple of courses opened back up the week before Christmas and the second weekend in January.

The forecast is calling for rain on the weekend. That will melt the snow and allow me to play the Little Course if it is not too wet. But I am far behind Ronnie, I would have to play every day from now until Dec.31 and 36 on some days to catch that

Ronnie is done golfing around here, soon he departs for sunny Florida. He leaves the EX at home though

I might add that if Ronnie's wife was a member of the forum that she would be the PIGLET Of The Year.
    No one else could come close to the rounds she played in 2007. She is right there beside Ronnie or not too far behind.
    Basically when Ronnie plays golf, she plays golf.
    She is a Female Golf The added bonus is that she has game too, shoots in the low 80's most of the time she tees it up. I think she whoops Ronnie's once in awhile and makes him do the dishes as her prize!
    Watch out ladies, if Pat joins the Forum she will be the Golf Piglet in 2008.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Thanks Dan, for bestowing this dubious honour on me. It is quite a feat to play more golf than Golfbum and dbower. I am trying to talk my wife into joining the forum. As Golfbum says, she would likely be of the year for the gals.

I won't have time to take you out for a drink before we head south; but; remind me in the spring and I'll buy us a beer after golf one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I bow down to Ronnie! He is the man this year! Funny how it took another resident of St Thomas to dethrone the 2006 Golf Pig

Between the two of us we had close to 350 rounds played in this area. Not bad for a couple of old Ford retirees He has the edge on me though, he doesn't work part time in the summer. I will have to get him a job at the course so I can have a better shot at him in 2008!
    Hey Ronnie, are you taking the former PIG out for a drink to celebrate? Remember, we can't go to Hooters

Thanks for the congrats. Us retired guys can sure pile up the rounds when that is almost all that we do.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post

Thanks Dan.I certainly enjoyed myself while earning this award. My wife and I tee it up almost every day.

Well, it now seems certain there will be no more local golf this year so... Congratulations to rpangman Golf Pig of the Year 2007
    Way to go Ronnie, congratulations on a fine year of golf, and BEST yet you played most of it with your loving wife and partner in crime. I'm getting choked up, so can someone grab me a tissue Yes Pat will have to join the OG Forum so she can give the ladies a run for the Piglet title come 2008. Image the person to dethrone Golfbum from this prestigeous honours for a repeat season lives in the same small city, and ALL you guys are the best of friends. Here is Golfbum trying to figure out what he needs to do for next year
    Again rpangman, you earned your 2007 GolfPig bragging rights so enjoy my friend.
    Kind regards, Harry

Thread Information