100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Question Golf Pig of the Year 2007?????

Will Golfbum keep his crown or is there a new pig in town????? The paparazzi are ready and waiting!!!!!!!!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I believe gbower is ahead, but we need a couple of things first.

1) The season ain't over yet for the top oinkers... It ain't over until it's over.
    2) We only count rounds played at home, not down south but I think that still puts gbower ahead.

Sooo...

gbower & Golfbum, give us the count for 2008 so far. If anyone can claim higher have at 'er!

BTW Golfbum's 2006 moniker will remain regardless. If he comes out on top it will be updated to 06/07
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Man, the pressure these two are under!!!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Will Golfbum keep his crown or is there a new pig in town????? The paparazzi are ready and waiting!!!!!!!!!!
    I doubt I will hold onto my title for 2007. I played 141 rounds, which is really not too bad for a guy who is still working Part Time 3-4 days a week. Remember that I also worked at a golf course. So basically I was around a golf course almost every day from May 1 up to and including today. That has to count for something! Plus all my rounds were within the boundries of Ontario. No sneaking down south in the middle of winter!

Have I put the sticks away? Not a chance, if there is no snow and the course is open I will be playing as long as the temperatures are above 0 C.

But hold onto my title? I just can't see it happening. It was a good run though. Dan can be the Judge.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    After todays 27 holes I think my count in this area stands at 174 rounds. Hopefully I'll still be able to get a few more in although the weather forecasts by the very accurate weather reports doesn't look too good. Now I'll have to wait until my trip south in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Dan can be the Judge.
    Not me. You fellas claim the numbers and in true golf tradition I respect that only honourable claims will be made. This is not up to any judge!

Make your claim, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    I think my count in this area stands at 174 rounds.
    You pig. That's gotta be the top number for 07

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I can't beleive you guys can play 150 + rounds in a year! that is nuts!! How are you guys doing this!! Dan I would say you have no chance of signing these guys up for RM!! haha

No worries silly boy. 150 round players are not our target market.

yeah, seriously! How can someone play 180 rounds? thats a round every day for 6 months!!! Is our golf season even that long?

Silly, I started playing in April this year and to be honest there aren't many days when I'm not playing. I worked as an official for a lot of tournaments in the area which would give me a day off most weeks. I haven't put the clubs away yet either. Hopefully a few more games in before the snow flies. I know I should be taking some extra time to practice instead of playing but I love being out there on the course. So if you take an average of six games a week over 30 weeks gives 180 days so I guess I didn't get six in every week.

After todays 27 holes I think my count in this area stands at 174 rounds. Hopefully I'll still be able to get a few more in although the weather forecasts by the very accurate weather reports doesn't look too good. Now I'll have to wait until my trip south in a couple of months.
    I bow down to the PIG OF THE YEAR SillyWilly it is not hard to play that many rounds. I once topped 164 when I still worked for FMC. I know guys at the course I used to belong to that played every day of the week. One guy topped out at well over 200 rounds two years ago.
    Dan you can officially change the title under my name to Hard Working Man

Dan, you don't need to bother changing the title under my name.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    yeah, seriously! How can someone play 180 rounds? thats a round every day for 6 months!!! Is our golf season even that long?
    For REAL GOLFERS, yes our season is that long. For GirlieMen like yourself, yours is over September 1

You just have not experienced golf until you have played during a mini blizzard Or when you can no longer feel your fingertips!

We haven't even had enough cold weather to have to wear the long johns and the golf balls aren't bouncing across the ponds. Last year we had to land in the rough short of the green so the ball wouldn't bounce 20' in the air and off the back of the green. At the Vieux in Dec. & Jan. we even had snow on one of the greens but it was a blast.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Wow. That is one heck of a lot of rounds. My meager 45 pale by comparison. When retirement comes, though, I will give you a go for your money. If only my body holds up.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

We haven't even had enough cold weather to have to wear the long johns and the golf balls aren't bouncing across the ponds. Last year we had to land in the rough short of the green so the ball wouldn't bounce 20' in the air and off the back of the green. At the Vieux in Dec. & Jan. we even had snow on one of the greens but it was a blast.
    Been there and done that too! I remember one sunny Saturday a few years ago, middle of December. I met my buddy at the course and we sat around until the Pro checked the putting green and said "Good to go boys, the green is no longer frozen" So off we went. Hit our drives. Then my buddy hits his approach shot and we watch the ball bounce. Hmmmmmmmm, then I hit mine and watched as it bounced about 15 feet into the air, off the back of the green. When we got to the green it was as solid as a rock! I could not even see my ball mark That green has some pine trees off the back edge of it which block the sun from the east. No sun on that surface and it was still frozen.

One other day 5 of us were out in mid December. The ponds were frozen. One of the guys miss hit his approach to a par 5 with water in front. His ball landed on the ice, and the wind blew it back over to the fairway side of the pond He got it back, replayed the shot and away we went.

Oh the joys of playing golf in that kind of weather. Trying to make a full turn with 4-5 layers of clothing on!

SillyWilly and those who do not golf in weather like that do not know the fun they are missing. You just can't be too serious about your score when it is -4 C

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    If I were retired the Gerry I'd give him a run for his money too.

All my joints are in good working order, so I'll be able to beat Mike no problem.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I'll crawl around the course, if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    If I were retired the Gerry I'd give him a run for his money too.

All my joints are in good working order, so I'll be able to beat Mike no problem.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Dan, what about you and steve? I played manderly about 15 times this year and didn't see either of you. I saw mike once. I always played early. What about Geoff?

I'd also like to know how many rounds people played who DONT have memberships or a part of a program like RM. Just curious

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Well I would have to congratulate gbower and golfbum. They are true golf pigs. I golfed tons this year but I don't think I even came close to their totals. I golfed tons in May, June and July but kinda took most of Aug. off, and them because of allergies and other health reasons have not golfed near as much as I would have liked to since Sept. However if there was a crown for the female golf pig I am sure I would be in the running!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I doubt I will hold onto my title for 2007.
    Rick, one to many jobs for the retired guy
    Kind regards, Harry

Quote Originally Posted by TourIQ View Post
    Rick, one to many jobs for the retired guy
    No Harry, I held one job during the summer months. Only when the Back Shop closed did I become Assistant Christmas Lights Coordinator at the Club And a fine job we did too! The PRO and his Assistant asked me to do the lighting at their houses and the Superintendent wanted me to light up his work shop However no time, I want to go golfing today

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Dan, what about you and steve? I played manderly about 15 times this year and didn't see either of you. I saw mike once.
    108 rounds as reported in the other thread. I am not in the running for GPOTY.

Baxter
    WOW,

how in the world do guys find the time to play 100 plus rounds of golf??? I need the info please

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Hey, GB. If I combined my golf games with the number of times I ran the golf course, I would give you a run, pun intended, for the title of pig of the year. Piglet??

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    WOW,

how in the world do guys find the time to play 100 plus rounds of golf??? I need the info please
    Simple, go to the golf course, tee it up and play! Nothing to complicated about that

I retired on April 30 of this year. However I went right from that job to work at the course in the Back Shop. I worked Monday-Tues-Wed and golfed Thursday to Sunday. I did golf once in awhile on the days I worked as I did the closing shift. Not often though, otherwise I would have easily had over 170 rounds this season.

My two daughters still live at home but one is working and the other is in college and working part time. It helps if your children are older.

My wife works 5 days a week and does not mind at all if I golf weekends. The key there is that I golf early Saturday and Sunday mornings. That way I am home by noon and available to do things with her if she wants. She is happy, I am happy, everyone is happy

The drawback to playing well over 100 rounds a year is you tend to go through golf shoes at a faster rate than normal! I walk most of my rounds so there is a lot of wear and tear on shoes. However this is a small comprimise to be able to play that many rounds. If I rode, I could play 36 a day with ease!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    175 rounds plus---that's unbelievable--my legs are in pain just thinking about it. Do you realize that is almost the same as walking 900 miles--swinging the club approx 10,000 times--teeing it up 3000 times--retrieving your ball from the cup 3000 times---tying your shoe laces 175 times etc etc etc. Congrats guys You too KERRY--I saw a count of yours a while back and it was also impressive.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    These are unbelievable figures, bravo!!!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Golfbum, the retiring Golf Pig of the year, put me up to entering this years pig of the year contest. I am at 178 rounds and still playing. My wife and I are retired and play every day. At the present time, we actually belong to 4 golf courses.

Thread Information