100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Hey Reza, let's keep an eye out for a good day, Friday looks good, yesterday was great but just not the same without the muses of Sakubara and the death defying leap of faith standing near the tee box when he is on a par 3. The closest we came to it was when Andy dribbled a provisional off the tee, just not the same, that adrenaline rush when the ball screams inches from your body does a lot to keep you warm.

As many of you may have seen my disabled car in the parking lot with the left front wheel broken. Upon further inspection a golf ball was found near the break, all too coincidentaly it was the same brand and model used by Sakubara, hummm, things are coming together now, I carefully placed the ball in a plastic bag and had it analysed and sure enough there was beer residue on the ball. Was this really an accident or was Sak warming up off the parking lot as I pulled in??? No prints could be raised from the ball as it was licked clean. I guess we will never solve that mystery at Greensmere.
    I could never be that accurate Luc, plus I haven't been playing the titleist axle smashers for months now.

I had a great time & my game returned from out of nowhere. 81 on a course I'd never played before, and a lot of my approaches hit a few feet from the flag, only to "click" into the air on their way to the back rough.
    Whoever opted out of this (hoolio) should be kicking themselves (hard). It was a beautiful day, I don't think I ever felt cold once.
    Andrew

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    You take kidding well Andrew, hope we get out to play again this year and next.

Luc
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Hey Luc,

How is the car?

Craiger

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    $600 later it its running like a charm, the mechanic had it ready for me by 1 oclock yesterday, great service. I needed a new ball joint and axle on that side, Andrew must have really whacked that golf ball at the right spot. Stopped at GT on the way home, man that could have been an expensive trip but I resisted the lure of buying anything but I did see that nice Nike H/c for you.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    $600 later it its running like a charm, the mechanic had it ready for me by 1 oclock yesterday, great service. I needed a new ball joint and axle on that side, Andrew must have really whacked that golf ball at the right spot. Stopped at GT on the way home, man that could have been an expensive trip but I resisted the lure of buying anything but I did see that nice Nike H/c for you.
    I'm glad somebody had better luck then me with there car.On the way home monday my motor fried.Anybody what to buy a car?

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Damn Sak, you skunked me by 1! I was 82 with 2 doubles. Same thing happened to me where I hit a beauty lob wedge after a nice drive and watched it catapult off of the back of the green.

Was a good day out on the course and interesting to chip on the frost and watch it go screaming by!

Fallys
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

The best frost shot I saw was Andyforpar on the 9th hole, he has a very high ball flight and was about 165 away and hit a beauty that looked like it would hit nicely and sitck near the pin. From my vantage point (on the left mound) I could see it coming in and then "thwack" bounced about 20 in the air and ended up on the back area off the green. CRAZY. Of course my bouncer off the ice on the par 3 5th hole (on the back) to the fringe of the green was a classic reminscent of my drive off the ice on the 3rd hole at Les VIeux Moulins in January with NoBack. If only there was ice all year round!! I am changing my nickname to "Iceman"
    Lefty Lucas

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    What was awesome about that shot is that he called it in mid air. Luc yelled, hit the ice and bounce back and the ball obeyed.

On the same hole Andy pushed his shot and asked for a bounce from the trees and they obliged. Ball bounced back onto the fairway....

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    The best frost shot I saw was Andyforpar on the 9th hole, he has a very high ball flight and was about 165 away and hit a beauty that looked like it would hit nicely and sitck near the pin. From my vantage point (on the left mound) I could see it coming in and then "thwack" bounced about 20 in the air and ended up on the back area off the green. CRAZY. Of course my bouncer off the ice on the par 3 5th hole (on the back) to the fringe of the green was a classic reminscent of my drive off the ice on the 3rd hole at Les VIeux Moulins in January with NoBack. If only there was ice all year round!! I am changing my nickname to "Iceman"
    PRICELESS is all i can say baout that bounce of the ice Luc LOL

btw .......... not in Geoff's league but this my 2999 post. And to think I was here from DAY 1
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Hey Luc,

I still think Andrew's shot of disabling your car is better. To think that a golf ball could do that to your car...impressive...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    was the ice making that weird sound when you hit it with a golf ball? At falcon ridge, it was like a star wars laser gun or something...really cool. I hit one on #8 onto the ice for fun and scared the bejezus out of a couple of guys on #3.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

YES, it was like an echo vibration, like the sound that flat wire that wraps around new appliance boxes makes when you snap it. All I can say is that the ball bounced nicely past the hazard marker and up to the fringe, a chip and a 2 putt for bogey, I'll take it!
    Lefty Lucas

Yeah when a golf ball hits a large sheet of ice it kind of gives that high tension wire twang.

Almost as cool sounding as tagging a universal ball joint on a Lumina!

I guess that was my last game of '07. Great way to end the season.
    Andrew

Lumina

Not just the ball joint buut the axle too, now that's power and on an unrelated note congrats Steve on an amazing number of posts!!!!! Just thank me and get to 3000
    Lefty Lucas

Not locking up the arrange-a-game threads is an easy way to pad the 'ole post count! But it is irresistable to talk about a round after you've played it.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Not just the ball joint buut the axle too, now that's power and on an unrelated note congrats Steve on an amazing number of posts!!!!! Just thank me and get to 3000
    I would have liked to post something more memorable or something else for no. 3000 but hey 3000 is 3000.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Congrats Steve, that's a lot of typing
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information