CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Myrtle Beach

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF View Post
    March 13 - April 27, 2008 is PEAK Season in Myrtle Beach which means the highest green fees during the year. But with with so many golf courses to choose from, there is a package for every budget.
    Hi there, I know your the expert...so....where in Myrtle Beach would be a good area for a package say...around...$400-500 per person. Best bang for the buck? Myself and a friend are thinking of organizing a little trip down there for four guys. Neither one of us have been.

Thanks.

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Can't really say, as I was basically covered by a "friend" (we only had to pay cart fees)
    Maybe you should change your ID to "Big Mooch"
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ap_logan View Post
    Hi there, I know your the expert...so....where in Myrtle Beach would be a good area for a package say...around...$400-500 per person. Best bang for the buck? Myself and a friend are thinking of organizing a little trip down there for four guys. Neither one of us have been.

Thanks.
    I am no expert, but here is a good website that has been posted in the past.....

http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com/

http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com/html_email/index.html

http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com/myr...golf/rates.htm
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I was just curious to what EDS considered the "best areas" in MB are since it is his/her forte.

Have you ever been there yourself? Any recommendations?

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I was just curious to what EDS considered the "best areas" in MB are since it is his/her forte.

I've been to MB 9 times and booked through EDS golf this past April. EDS was great to deal with and I had no complaints whatsoever. Now, being that it was our 9th time, we didn't need any help picking courses but the booking process with EDS was the smoothest I've ever encountered.

As for courses, my Top 4 would be:

Caledonia
    Tidewater
    Tiger's Eye
    Dunes Club

I haven't played any of the Barefoot courses but have heard very good things about them.

These, of course, are on the higher end of the scale in MB, quality and cost wise, but there is a wide range of courses/packages to suit anyone's budget. Try to keep your accomodations centralized as it makes it easier for dining and shopping. We've stayed at Myrtlewood the last 3 years and find it the best for getting around.

Also, not as far south and a little less "touristy" and a little less expensive is the Pinehurst, NC area. I absolutely love Tobacco Road and Tot Hill Farm!
    Proud Member of the '07, '08, '09, '11 & '12 TGN Ryder Cup Team!!!

Big Shooter

Not sure of pricing, but if you were to ONLY stay & play at "The Legends Group" of courses (5 of them I believe), you would NOT be disappointed.

Big Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftygolfer3 View Post
    Maybe you should change your ID to "Big Mooch"
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game!!!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
    A golf package in that price can definitely be arranged. Drop us an email with your trip details such as dates, number of nights, number of rounds, etc. Thanks.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Not sure of pricing, but if you were to ONLY stay & play at "The Legends Group" of courses (5 of them I believe), you would NOT be disappointed.
    Correct, the Legends package is a great golf package, there are 6 courses. It includes TPC, Heritage, Oyster Bay, Legends Moorland, Legends Parkland and Legends Heathland. We have a Legends 5 for 4 Package where you get a free afternoon round.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Leftygolfer3 View Post
    I've been to MB 9 times and booked through EDS golf this past April. EDS was great to deal with and I had no complaints whatsoever. Now, being that it was our 9th time, we didn't need any help picking courses but the booking process with EDS was the smoothest I've ever encountered.

As for courses, my Top 4 would be:

Caledonia
    Tidewater
    Tiger's Eye
    Dunes Club

I haven't played any of the Barefoot courses but have heard very good things about them.

These, of course, are on the higher end of the scale in MB, quality and cost wise, but there is a wide range of courses/packages to suit anyone's budget. Try to keep your accomodations centralized as it makes it easier for dining and shopping. We've stayed at Myrtlewood the last 3 years and find it the best for getting around.
    Thanks Leftygolfer3. The courses you mentioned are definitely top of the line. Other great courses include: True Blue, TPC, Heritage, King's North, Barefoots, Legends, Glen Dornoch, River's Edge, Oyster Bay, Leopard's Chase, Grande Dunes, Pawley's Plantation and Long Bay.

A great tip as mentioned by Leftygolfer3 is to choose accommodations that are central to either nightlife, restaurants and/or golf courses. Good central accommodations are Myrtlewood Golf Villas, River Oaks Villas, Roxanne Towers and Legends Condos.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Try Xmas week---I thought I read somewhere that they pay you to play
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

beatnik58
    What's the weather like in Myrtle in January? Snow?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Beatnik,

The weather can be varied, some frost delays, usually enough light to play 27 holes, but very, very seldom is there snow. The average high in January is 14 celcius or 57 F.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik58 View Post
    What's the weather like in Myrtle in January? Snow?
    Here is some additional information on Myrtle Beach weather:

http://www.eatdrinksleepgolf.com/myr...lf/weather.htm
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information