100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Best Team in the NFL

After the Colt's loss yesterday to the Chargers, there can't be any doubt the the best team in pro football is from New England. Even the oftentimes querulous frequenters of this site must agree with that conclusion. Right?
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    After the Colt's loss yesterday to the Chargers, there can't be any doubt the the best team in pro football is from New England. Even the oftentimes querulous frequenters of this site must agree with that conclusion. Right?

YES, but they run up the scores
    UNWRITTEN RULES REMEMBER?
    Oh, and the coach is an IDIOT too!

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

I can hear the whining now about having to acknowledge the superiority of the Patriots. The excuses for not doing so should be amusing.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I would have to agree they are the best team right now for sure. The Colts are ravaged by injuries and just cannot compete, and the Cowboys and Packers are good but I think play in a weakened NFC making NE the clear cut favorites for now. Should be a good stretch run.

Anyone else get killed in their pool yesterday????
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i will give you the classic response... the only clear cut #1 team is the one that wins the SuperBowl! #1 in the regular season doesn't mean anything...but they have looked good.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I don't recall anyone saying they weren't. I root against them, but I know right now they are the best team in the NFL and one of the best ever. However, injuries can easily dismantle this team like any other.

Also, let's not forget the 1997-1998 Minnesota Vikings. Look it up.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Although it looks like you're trying to stir things up, I can't see any football fan denying the skill of the Pats - but they have every right to root against them.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Right!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Maybe the Colts should have tried to score last night. I think Dungy miss the boat on that one. He turn conservative at the end of the fourth quarter instead of going for the TD. The field was awful, lots of rain so footing for the field goal isn't the best.

When you have one of the best QB you have to trust him. I think they had 6 running plays in a row in the red zone.... give me a break.

Bill B for President...lol

Wasn't the QB he didn't trust, it was the guys trying to catch the ball. Double team Wayne and you stop the offense.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    One team that could be the spoilers of a perfect season for New England - The Pittsburgh Steelers!
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Wasn't the QB he didn't trust, it was the guys trying to catch the ball. Double team Wayne and you stop the offense.
    The Bolts sure dodged a bullet last night. Vinatieri wide right from 29 yards! That's supposed to be automatic for him. I loved Al Michaels' comment, "Where's Mike Vanderjagt now? Nevermind."

Yes Mr. Pare, the Pats are the "best" team in football right now, but like davevandyk said, if they're not #1 when it really counts, then nobody cares.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    the best team in the NFL is the team that wins the superbowl. So save the gloating till january But now that we know that game is going to be in NE and in the colt... I think its safe to say NE will win. I sure hope PIT can stop NE. I really don't want NE to win. I offically don't like them anymore since everyone else likes them so muhc. Go underdogs!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Willy, you just don't like millionaires breaking unwritten and in some cases unknown rules

As I've said before, I'm a fan of both the Pats and the Colts. This thread was started just to see what responses would ensue. They've been pretty much what you'd expect. As for who's the best team right now, it's the Pats. Who will claim the Super Bowl ring is another matter. For my part, I'd like to see a repeat of the Colts and the Patriots. Whoever wins will pleas me, although I'd prefer seeing the Patriots take the title. They deserve it. After all, they are the best team in the NFL.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    For the sake of argument, I'm going to say the Bills are the best team in football. At least, they will be after they ruin the Pats' undefeated season next Sunday.

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    GO DOLPHINS!!! ... ok my team sucks but im gonna use the leafs saying "were gonna do good next year!"

You are a real optimist. The Bills already lost 38-7 to the Pats this year. But, even if the improbable were to happen and they were to win, it would still only move their record to 6 and 4 - hardly the record of a "best" team.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    For the sake of argument, I'm going to say the Bills are the best team in football. At least, they will be after they ruin the Pats' undefeated season next Sunday.

"Double team Wayne and you stop the offense"

If it would be this easy they would be 0-9.

Dungy lost that game. The funny part is Madden said it before. You have to try to score a TD so you have 2 chances (TD or FG). Dungy decided to only go with 1 opportunity -- FG on an awful field. If Manning could talk he would definetaly say how mad he is at the play calling. The picture with him sitting on the bench was worth a 1000 words.

I have to agree with you. If you are fighting for a win, then fight like your life depended on it. This strategy amounted to a whimper, not a roar.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    ... If Manning could talk he would definitely say how mad he is at the play calling. The picture with him sitting on the bench was worth a 1000 words.
    On a related note, did anyone else notice how awful Peyton's brother, Eli, was over the weekend against Dallas. He looked completely over matched. He couldn't even get the plays off in time. If ever anyone looked unsure of himself, it was Eli. Peyton should lend him a little intestinal fortitude.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    "Double team Wayne and you stop the offense"

If it would be this easy they would be 0-9.

Dungy lost that game. The funny part is Madden said it before. You have to try to score a TD so you have 2 chances (TD or FG). Dungy decided to only go with 1 opportunity -- FG on an awful field. If Manning could talk he would definetaly say how mad he is at the play calling. The picture with him sitting on the bench was worth a 1000 words.
    Doube teaming Wayne when Harrison and Clarke are both out does basically wipe out any threat they have in the air. With those three weapons in the game, however, you can't focus on one receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    On a related note, did anyone else notice how awful Peyton's brother, Eli, was over the weekend against Dallas. He looked completely over matched. He couldn't even get the plays off in time. If ever anyone looked unsure of himself, it was Eli. Peyton should lend him a little intestinal fortitude.
    I think the play from the bench were coming too late. Tom Coughlin always makes me laugh, it always seems the world is against him. He has that look on his face like: what? why me? what is goinng on? you are picking on us?

I think Dallas is a decent team and will beat the Giants most of the time.

You're right about the coach. As for Eli, at first I too thought that the plays might be coming in a bit late, but after a while I was convinced that the problem was with the quaterback. When the close-ups allowed us to glimpse into his eyes, it was not the look of confidence that one saw. It was the unsteady gaze of someone who simply did not know where to turn. I hope I'm wrong, because he's a talented young man. Maybe he just had an off day.

I think the play from the bench were coming too late. Tom Coughlin always makes me laugh, it always seems the world is against him. He has that look on his face like: what? why me? what is goinng on? you are picking on us?

I think Dallas is a decent team and will beat the Giants most of the time.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I hope PIT beats NE

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Maybe if the field goal you were playing for was a 40y one or something, but they were in convert territory with the most clutch kicker in the history of the game. It wasn't raining at the time, Vinaterri should make that one, and probably does 99 times out of 100. The strategy was sound, try and run out the clock so that after your kick it, there's no opportunity for the other team to come back. It just didn't work. Going for it on 4th down would've been a much lower percentage play. Heck, the Alouettes couldn't even get half a yard yesterday when in the CFL, the offense gets a free yard.

They should not have went for it on fourth down. They should had tried to score on second and third down. After the Colts got to the 16 they run 3 straight play. Usually they would had attepted at least 1 or 2 passes to score but Dungy wanted to killed the time and try to field goal.

After the game Dungy took the blame for the loss. He lost his temper on the penalty called on fourth down and took a time out. They could have used that time out in the last minute...

He should have run up the score... lol

We haven't talked about the Patriots for a while. Tonight they have a chance to go 16-0 by winning against the Giants. Nothing is a certainty in sports, but I'd say that the chances of Brady leading the boys from New England to victory are pretty good. They're certainly looking like one of the best teams in football ... ever.

Thread Information