100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I don't have the slope edition. Like Gerry said, ey are illegal to use. And I would like to be able to use them when I want.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Chief, the units with the slope calculations in them are illegal to use in any competitions so I don't know why they're even selling them. I've had the Bushnell yardage pro tour for about four years now and love it. I may buy the 1500 over the winter.

Hi Gerry. Is the elevation feature something you can turn on and off? When in a competition who goes about checking what kind of device you are using?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I don't know how the elevation check works on them as I haven't seen that feature in action. Golf is suppose to be a game of honour and since it's illegal to use one with that feature I would assume that someone I'm playing against isn't using one. If I'm playing with someone with a 1500 I would probably ask them especially if on a hole with a fair bit of elevation change. If he has that feature then he'd be dq'd.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    I don't know how the elevation check works on them as I haven't seen that feature in action. Golf is suppose to be a game of honour and since it's illegal to use one with that feature I would assume that someone I'm playing against isn't using one. If I'm playing with someone with a 1500 I would probably ask them especially if on a hole with a fair bit of elevation change. If he has that feature then he'd be dq'd.
    Just checked their website. One has the feature the other one doesn't. They look very similar.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Just checked their website. One has the feature the other one doesn't. They look very similar.
    They are the same optics, just one has the slope and one doesn't.

A guy I know is on the Senior Tour and he uses one with slope for the practice rounds. Two other Canadian Tour guys I know also use the slope versions.

You are allowed to use whatever you want during a practice round, but in competition, where most people have a caddy anyway, you are not permitted to use one with slope. In fact, I don't see why this is even a rule because I've never been to a Tour event and seen anyone using a range finder during the round.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    It still has to be a local rule to use them in competition. The PGA still doesn't allow them in competitive rounds although they have their yardage books which are as good as having one or even better. Here in the Ottawa area the OVGA doesn't allow them in comps either as Golf Quebec says "no". When I put the question to the ovga as to why they said it would slow play up and I totally disagree with that answer. I feel that within a year or two they will be using them on tour.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    It still has to be a local rule to use them in competition. The PGA still doesn't allow them in competitive rounds although they have their yardage books which are as good as having one or even better. Here in the Ottawa area the OVGA doesn't allow them in comps either as Golf Quebec says "no". When I put the question to the ovga as to why they said it would slow play up and I totally disagree with that answer. I feel that within a year or two they will be using them on tour.

They don't need them anyway during a competitive round. If they use them in their practice rounds, all the yardages from every area you can think of are in the caddy's notes.

Thread Information