CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I think you will see Vermette and Kelly signed. Personally, I would take them over Redden especially since you could sign both for the cost of Redden and I think they are more worthy of the cash and very valuable players. Both are excellent 2 way players with lots of speed and youth on their side.

I really like how all the pieces are starting to fit together on this team and they realize how good they have it.
    I don’t know if Vermette will be an UFA at the end of the year or when his contract ends but when it happens my guess is he is “outahere”. He is a speedy player that could play on the first line on many teams in the NHL. Offers will come in by the truckload. My guess is that the Habs will try to grab him. French CDN is a bonus for them.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    he's an RFA at the end of the year. Again, it's his decision if he wants to stay or earn more somewhere else. The good news is that if he does get signed to a big fat offer sheet, Ottawa will get some compensation.

this is a great site for this info:

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=OTT
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    I don’t know if Vermette will be an UFA at the end of the year or when his contract ends but when it happens my guess is he is “outahere”. He is a speedy player that could play on the first line on many teams in the NHL. Offers will come in by the truckload. My guess is that the Habs will try to grab him. French CDN is a bonus for them.

Mike
    Hey Mike... I have a buddy who is good friends with a French-Canadian Hab (who will go unnamed)... his take is that Montreal is the LAST place French-Canadian NHLers want to play due to the microscope that the media puts them under in that market. Kinda too bad, but they really like to eat their young there... Not saying it won't happen (maybe Vermette wants to fulfill a life-long dream), but it's tougher and tougher for the Canadiens to attract the homegrown talent.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    But the real question is, do they have room in the cap to sign a near 40 year-old never-was with diminishing / non-existent skills, shys away from physical contact, looks good in the uniform kind of player who is willing to play for league minimum - ie, me?
    Man...until you got to the league minimum part I could have sworn you were talking about Nolan and Francis

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Hey Mike... I have a buddy who is good friends with a French-Canadian Hab (who will go unnamed)... his take is that Montreal is the LAST place French-Canadian NHLers want to play due to the microscope that the media puts them under in that market. Kinda too bad, but they really like to eat their young there... Not saying it won't happen (maybe Vermette wants to fulfill a life-long dream), but it's tougher and tougher for the Canadiens to attract the homegrown talent.
    I know but that reason is always the first “reason” you get on TV but not necessary true. Look at Brière. That was the main reason he did not take the habs offer according to the press but that was not the case. A friend of mine is Briere’s personal friend. Brière did agree to sign with the Habs and cancelled for Philly in the afternoon on the same day this summer. The reason is far from him being French. Brière despises two players (who will go unnamed) on that team and the feeling is mutual. The other reason was Biron who is Brière’s best friend. Obviously the media is creasy in MTL and the team did not look that good on paper and I will admit that BUT they sure look good on the ice at least for the moment.

For the record Philly’s media is as hard on there players as MTL and TO French CDN or not.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Man...until you got to the league minimum part I could have sworn you were talking about Nolan and Francis

I'll agree with you on Nolan, but don't drag Francis' name through the mud with Nolan's. He was a class act, and a solid player right to the end.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    After watching Redden play again last night, not sure why they'd want to keep him. Not sure where his skill level went, but it looks like he's doing everything in slow motion. And the lack of effort to get the puck deep at the offensive blue line. Turnover after turnover. I say let him go. I'm sure we could find a much cheaper player out there that would put forth the same effort and make the same mistakes.

But truthfully, if we were talking about the Redden of say 3 or 4 seasons ago, I'd say we would be real lucky as Sens fans to hear he'd take a pay cut to stay in town, but now I couldn't care less if he goes or stays.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    he was pretty awful on the first Kozlov goal. he let him skate right into the slot and score with little effort to stop him....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information