100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New!

Lob Wedge MikeA is on a distinguished road MikeA's Avatar

New!

Man, some dumb Scottish guy got lucky when he dreamed up this game of GOLF! It's KILLING ME!

Thought I might be able to play even with my back trouble last year. Played a round or two and decided my driver head was too small and I needed a new driver!

I liked the feel of the Jumbo grips on my new driver so thought that a new Jumbo Grip on my putter would be a good idea. Bought a new Golf Pride Crown Royal monster putter grip for my old putter.

Then, couldn't hit that putter straight for love or money! Bought new bigger heavier putter.

The grip on the new putter wasn't big enough so I bought a new Jumbo Putter Grip like the new one I'd just bought for my old putter!

Then, I just happened to notice that I was dying on the medium iron shots AGAIN and that I might be able to do something about it with the new technology of hybrids. So, I buy a new 5-h hybrid!

The new 5-h worked out so well that I bought an entire new set of used Hybrids 3h-9h! Loved them!

But the grips on the new "old" hybrid set were shot. So I order a new set of grips and installed them.

In fact, I hit them so much better than the old blades that I ordered a new matching PW to fill in the hybrid set!

But bag chatter was beating the hell out of my new hybrids! So I bought a new set of head covers!

With the head covers on the clubs, I immediately saw that there wasn't enough room in my old golf bag to hold all of that crap! So, I go out and buy me a new monster Staff Sized golf bag.

I get home, transfer my clubs, golf balls, tees, clothes for two days and meals for three and still have room for more! But, my new putter with the new oversized grip won't fit into the putter tube located on the outside of the new bag and with the putter inside the bag, it is hard to get to the other clubs!

So, back to TGW to buy a new Jumbo Oversized Putter Grip that is smaller than the new one I had just bought and installed!

Is this getting stupid yet?

So now, I have the putter in the well where it belongs and the clubs fit nicely and I have strapped my new life savings onto my OLD PULL CART! Now I'm noticing that the legs on the OLD PULL CART are flexing every time take a step with it from all the weight I now have on it! I fully expect to be out on the 5th at my home course and have that cart swarm on me and end up having to carrying that new bag (and all the new stuff in it) the rest of the round which would kill my back, cost me a fortune in medical bills and probably cause me to HAVE to buy a new powered cart!

Now I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy a new Golf Cart....maybe one of those new 3-wheeled push carts?

What the hell is NEXT?????

If this weather doesn't clear off and let me get out and play some golf, I'm going to go broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baxter
    I feel your pain my Brother....I have just bought a New Driver, New 3 wood, New Lobwedge, 2 pairs of shoes, couple of shirts..all in the last week or two....and I'm thinking about what else I NEED to buy before playing round 1....we are a crazy group..

Thread Information