100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Etiquette

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

Etiquette

What are some of the worst breaches you have ever seen? BG458 was yelling at a squirell just before the next tee box while the group infront of us was trying to tee off. HILARIOUS but def. a breach! hahaha

I've had people talking while I'm setting up, walking on my line...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    The biggest breach that I've witnessed was Indio having the unmitigated gall to try and hit a ball while I was talking while standing on the tee box

that turd! where does he get off???

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    The biggest breach that I've witnessed was Indio having the unmitigated gall to try and hit a ball while I was talking while standing on the tee box
    I was sick of listening to how great you were, I had to pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I was sick of listening to how great you were, I had to pull the trigger
    Don't make me call you out again!!!!

Don't make me call you out again!!!!

That's it - you and me this Friday or are you

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The bozo who has his cell phone ring in my backswing...
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

That's it - you and me this Friday or are you
    LOL even with the slipped disk, pain mediaction and bad knee I would probably still whomp your ass there little fella

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    The bozo who has his cell phone ring in my backswing...
    Agreed!

People who jingle their loose change is another of my favs

LOL even with the slipped disk, pain mediaction and bad knee I would probably still whomp your ass there little fella
    Bring it old man!!

...............and don't forget the strokes that you'll be giving me either

Bring it old man!!

...............and don't forget the strokes that you'll be giving me either
    Have you looked at my cap lately The low 70's rounds have now fallen off and my real cap is now showing... you can forget 12 strokes little man, it is more like 3 or 4 strokes now

Lets take this to 'Almost Anything' so we don't continue to jack Silly's thread !!!!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Have you looked at my cap lately The low 70's rounds have now fallen off and my real cap is now showing... you can forget 12 strokes little man, it is more like 3 or 4 strokes now

Lets take this to 'Almost Anything' so we don't continue to jack Silly's thread !!!!!
    Is the private chat room closed for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Is the private chat room closed for the season?
    The Chat Room is not private.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Nor is it closed.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Nor is it closed.
    I never thought it was so I just didn't restate the obvious.

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Power cart antics when I carry my bag
    - race up to their ball and just sit there and wait for either the ball that is 2 feet behind their ball to be struck (ready-golf my assshhhh...) or wait for me to hit the ball over their heads (stoooooopid)
    - drive up and down the tree line AHEAD OF ME looking for balls (they just want to die ... stooooopid)
    Back at it.

haha, I will admit my cell phone did go off once while playing with an OG member but I apologized and bought him a kit kat. I ran into farzin at greensmere and got to play with him. He was behind me, my friend and rezadue. He hit into us but we were pretty far away, I guess he didn't think he could hit it that far. We asked him to join us and had a ball. Luckily that is the worst thing that has happened to me on a course lately and it turned out to be a riot

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    I hate it when people always leave the flag around for someone else to put back in the cup.

My friend and I played with these two guys once, who seemed to have some aversion to touching the flagstick. Never took it out, never put it back in. One hole the first guy putts out, goes and picks up his wedge which is resting on the flagstick and walks away to the next tee while the rest of us play out.

Not a big deal I guess, but I just think it's a bit inconsiderate.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy963 View Post
    I hate it when people always leave the flag around for someone else to put back in the cup.

My friend and I played with these two guys once, who seemed to have some aversion to touching the flagstick. Never took it out, never put it back in. One hole the first guy putts out, goes and picks up his wedge which is resting on the flagstick and walks away to the next tee while the rest of us play out.

Not a big deal I guess, but I just think it's a bit inconsiderate.
    .....Now that's just weird!!! how can anybody pick up their club from lying across the pin and not pick up the pin and maybe any other clubs belonging to others that may be still putting???? I don't think I've ever seen that happen in my whole life. Looks like you got to play with a couple of real winners .

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The yahoos who play in a 5some and make it a contest to yell, laugh the entire round without any regard for anyone else around them. We noticed them when we were on the 1st tee box as they got out of their cars, they were already talking very loud We heard them all over the course, we finished and saw they were 9+ holes behind us, I guess they thought they owned the course and wanted to make their day last. The only time we saw that they were quiet was when they lined up each putt like they were pros.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    - People standing around talking while they're within earshot of the 1st tee. SHUDDUP!!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    We were at Outaouais on friday, & due to frost, they were a half hour behind. We were a half hour early, so we ate lunch, had a beer, (or at least I did) went to the range & hit some balls, and then went to see when we were up. The proshop told us there was still a group ahead on the west 9, but if we wanted to head out to the east it was wide open.
    So we headed off to the east, to find 3 groups on the hole (par 5) but the last group had just teed off.
    Just as we were about to get out of our carts & step on to the tee, a 3some zooms up and asks if this is our 1st 9. I told them the whole story above (I like to talk) & then they just stepped onto the tee box and teed up.
    I politely asked "are you playing thorugh?" & they said "yes, we're ahead of you and the group behind us is ahead of you also" I didn't know what to say to that. The folks were fairly old, so I looked at Hoolio as much as to say "c'mon, we can take them", but he cowered into the seat of his golf cart.
    We returned to the proshop, they told us we should have played in front of them. But at this point, Hoolio wanted nothing to do with them, and he was greatly relieved we were sent to a different nine.
    As it turns out, we played South then West in 4 hours, but I just couldn't believe the nerve of 3 octogenerians (2 of them may have been ladies) storming the tee & scaring poor Hoolio half to death.
    Andrew

We have a very simple system when it comes to the flag in my 4somes. Closest to the PIN takes the flag out while he is marking his ball, seond last person to hole out walks towards the flag and waits for the last person to hole and puts the flag back in. Makes a lot of sense!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Too many to mention from the past 25 years. One of the worst breaches used to be when metal spikes were allowed and some clown walked all over your line and then twisted his feet. You think soft spikes are bad, you should have seen the mess those metal spikes used to make.
    I have seen a lot of stupid things on golf courses over the years.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I had a similar experience to Sak and Hoolio this year at Vieux Moulins. They were sending everyone off the back 9 first that day. I was playing as a single and caught up to another guy around the 8th hole. I think I'd played the first 9 in about 1:15 and he about 1:30. Anyway, we drop our bags on the 1st tee, our 10th and an elderly gentleman (probably into the winter years, never mind autumn) walks up just as the other guy was sinking his tee in the ground. He informs us that he's ahead of us. I tell him, no, they're sending people off the back today. Well, no one in the proshop told him that, and he was getting upset so I told him that it wasn't a problem and he was welcome to join us. He said fine, as long as we didn't hold him up. That killed me, still the best line I heard all year.

Anyway, the guy I was playing with was walking over his ball and I think going to tee up the old dude when out of nowhere a golf cart comes wheeling around the practice green. I'm standing on the cart path with my bag, not a small guy, easy to notice I think. The older lady driving had to lock up her wheels just to avoid missing me as I hopped out of the way. No apologies! Wanted to know from her husband what's going on, wouldn't address us at all. So her husband started back into us about jumping the queue and refused to believe our back 9 'story' and wouldn't go back to the proshop either. Finally the pro came over the loudspeaker and told them to go to the 10th tee, but even then they were grumpy about it. We were laughing about it by the 2nd hole, but wow, it was an incredible display.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    - People standing around talking while they're within earshot of the 1st tee. SHUDDUP!!
    How about people honking their horns at you?

Pitching Wedge slpca is on a distinguished road slpca's Avatar
    Sounds as if those older "Ladies" get around. We were playing Emerald on Friday and were told that instead of West to go South (busy day). when we finished we headed to East and were standing on the tee when 4 ladies cut through from West right in front of us. I play red but was waiting for the guys so we were not readily visible. However, they did see us and when we told them that we were on the back they said so were they and, since the people ahead were in front of them they were going! They were adamant so we let them but the temptation to hit after they left the tee was hard to ignore

Good job they decided to play fast!

How about people honking their horns at you?
    Ok, I find that hilarious. Someone sees a golf course and sees you about to hit and they feel the need to honk their horn

I have a question, if you are about to hit and someone yells in your backswing or someone honks their horn... are you allowed to re take the shot? I'm pretty sure you can't but when something like that happens we always tell the guys who don't have caps to go ahead and re-tee it.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Ok, I find that hilarious. Someone sees a golf course and sees you about to hit and they feel the need to honk their horn

I have a question, if you are about to hit and someone yells in your backswing or someone honks their horn... are you allowed to re take the shot? I'm pretty sure you can't but when something like that happens we always tell the guys who don't have caps to go ahead and re-tee it.
    If I am not mistake he had to re-tee because he put it in the water on #2 at Stonebridge..... I thought he was going to chase the jerk down the road!

Thread Information