CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Why Is Brady Still In?!?!?

I officially HATE the Patriots. 38-0. They still have all their starters in. It's ridiculous. I hope Brady gets hit by a bus in the parking lot.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Go get them, Tom. The Patriots play for keeps. Once you start playing soft and safe, it can adversely affect the quality of your play. The Pats have no intention of doing that. More power to them. Their record would suggest that they know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I officially HATE the Patriots. 38-0. They still have all their starters in. It's ridiculous. I hope Brady gets hit by a bus in the parking lot.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Belichek is an ass and I hope one of the stars gets hurt in a 45-0 blowout they should all be on the bench - Go Indy go!!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Right, because Manning spent so much time on the bench during his record-breaking season. Give me a break.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I think the Pats are throwing up a big middle finger to the rest of the league after getting raked through the coals for the whole 'cheating' thing at the start of the season. Good on them, and this is coming from a Dolphins fan who watched them run the two minute drill at the end of the first half last week when they were only up 35-0.

He's not an ass. He's an American ... with an outstanding win-loss record and a few Super Bowl wins to his credit. For my money, I'll trust his judgment over that of any number of armchair quaterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Belichek is an ass ...
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I think the Pats are throwing up a big middle finger to the rest of the league after getting raked through the coals for the whole 'cheating' thing at the start of the season. Good on them, and this is coming from a Dolphins fan who watched them run the two minute drill at the end of the first half last week when they were only up 35-0.

I hope he gets hit so hard he has to leave the game and not return for a few weeks. I really really hope IND destroys them! I'm starting to hate NE.

By contrast, I have been a fan of both of these teams for a very long time. There is little doubt that they are the class of the NFL. It's interesting how people begin to hate teams that are too successful and make victory seem like such a foregone conclusion. The Yankees have always attracted a similar amount of animosity. For my part, I will simply rejoice in being able to watch two very talented teams excel at what they do. I'll leave it to others to pine for mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    I hope he gets hit so hard he has to leave the game and not return for a few weeks. I really really hope IND destroys them! I'm starting to hate NE.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    He's not an ass. He's an American ... with an outstanding win-loss record and a few Super Bowl wins to his credit. For my money, I'll trust his judgment over that of any number of armchair quaterbacks.
    Are you kidding me? He's smug, he's pompous and he's arrogant. Brady and Co. won those superbowls, not him!

The man has been in the NFL for more than 30 years. His record establishes that he can coach. In fact, the team has continued to win despite player turn-overs. Of course, it's important to have good players, which he has, but the coach is an intergral part of the team. Were it otherwise, you and I could coach them to victory. I'm sure that would be an abysmal failure. As for his character, I don't know the man, so I will refrain from commenting on it. What I will say, though, is that he seems well-liked by the players. That says a lot to me.

Are you kidding me? He's smug, he's pompous and he's arrogant. Brady and Co. won those superbowls, not him!

I'm not kidding. He is a Yank. If you noticed, I made no comment whatever about his character. I spoke to the issue of his record as a coach. You seem fixated on attacking the man personally. I prefer to focus on football.

Are you kidding me? ..

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Right, because Manning spent so much time on the bench during his record-breaking season. Give me a break.
    Whatever, Manning has ALWAYS run out the clock when they are up.

And what the hell does New England have to be mad about? THEY GOT CAUGHT! No one wronged THEM.

There is no reason to have your starters in running up the score in any league in any sport. Not a great message of sportsmanship to the young generation.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Last time I checked it was professional football, not Pop Warner. Run up the score all you like as far as I'm concerned. These guys are getting paid, who cares if they're hurting someone's feelings? No?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

For a good read, go to last week's Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN.com, it pretty much sums up the Patriots. Once a good underdog story, now the evil empire.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Last time I checked it was professional football, not Pop Warner. Run up the score all you like as far as I'm concerned. These guys are getting paid, who cares if they're hurting someone's feelings? No?
    I'll feel no pity of a few opposition players start late hitting and going for the knees. Karma is a... you know the saying.

For a good read, go to last week's Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN.com, it pretty much sums up the Patriots. Once a good underdog story, now the evil empire.

Agreed!!! I've seen how he coaches, how he handles the media, and how he speaks in public none of which gives him a nice guy personality. The owner, Robert Kraft has surrounded him with the best money can buy this year yes, but in the past he has always had a good team and excellent assistant coaches and scouts. I don't think for 1 minute belichek (SP?) is the reason for the SB's and I stand by my he's an ass comment.

My team the 49ers blow this year, but I digress.

Manning is the consummate pro and never humiliates an opponent.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    When a man is down you keep him down and don't give him a chance to get back up. Remember Houston and Buffalo in the playoffs when Warren Moon was at the helm.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I'm not sure I understand your point. The fans pay big money to watch an NFL game. Are you telling me that they would be happy to see any team stop trying to score during the game? And when should they stop trying? When the score is 24 to 0 as it was at half-time, or when it is 38-0 as it was today after the third quarter? If you're down 38 to nothing should the other team let you score to balance things out? Maybe both teams should just call it a day, and not play the fourth quarter.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I just don't understand how your ideal team is supposed to act, and when it is supposed to start doing so?

There is no reason to have your starters in running up the score in any league in any sport. Not a great message of sportsmanship to the young generation.

Well there's an enlightened approach!

I'll feel no pity of a few opposition players start late hitting and going for the knees. Karma is a... you know the saying.

Mike, I don't hate them because they continue to win. I hate them because they were caught cheating, they are running up the score on all these teams. There is a reason no other team averaged this large of a margin of victory. THe rams were able to score at will in the 90s and even they weren't killing teams by 25 points a night. Even the back up QB has no class. He spike the ball in the endzone to go up 52-0? What a loser!!

Cheating and running up the score, that is why I dislike the PATS

Exactly, you are going to run up the score? we are going to hurt you. They get paid, they are wearing padding.... all part of the game. If you run up the score, don't B about it when your QB gets his knees taken out and guys start to chop block

And what the hell does New England have to be mad about? THEY GOT CAUGHT! No one wronged THEM.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize the NFL had become the "play nice" league. These guys are out there to compete. If I was a New England fan I might be concerned, because I wouldn't want a starter injured, but as a fan in general, I couldn't care less whether they "run up the score". It''s an athletic competition, not a bake-off.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize the NFL had become the "play nice" league. These guys are out there to compete. If I was a New England fan I might be concerned, because I wouldn't want a starter injured, but as a fan in general, I couldn't care less whether they "run up the score". It''s an athletic competition, not a bake-off.
    Maybe you don't care but I'm sure the opposing team cares and will remember it for a long time. Bad blood leads to injuries. I just don't understand what the coach is thinking!

THe only reason I can think for brady to still be in is to put up the most amazing QB numbers ever

I
    hate them because they were caught cheating,
    That's hilarious. They're all cheaters using steroids. It's ok to steal signs in baseballl but not in football. And even if they stole signs you still got to execute. People pay to see star athletes,. If Alfie scores 4 goals in the 1st period should they keep him from playing?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Andre, its two different sports. NBA teams pull their starters when they are killing another team. The NHL, I'm not sure why they don't pull their starters in an 8-0 game. Maybe because a lot of players in the NHL have so many bonuses in their contract that you can't really take them out... who knows, its just a guess. Its just been that way in football and basketball. You take your starters out, you give your bench some time to play and get minutes. You can't argue that its hasn't always been that way

I wish the NFL was steriod free and whenever someone gets caught I think they should ban him for life. I am against cheating in every sport...

In this particular game they could have pulled Brady out at the half. As a fan I would be very offended to see that happening. An honestly I like to see excellence in execution no matter what the score is.
    Mahatma Gandhi

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

I disagree. If you tell young players to take their foot of the gas pedal it can come back to bit your butt. It's pretty hard to tell anyone to ease off. Players want stats, whether it be touchdowns, runs, birdies or goals. Points count!

You mean to tell me if a Pro golfer has a ten stroke lead going into Sunday that he should just go out and try to shoot even par? I doubt that is going to happen.

HAMMER DOWN BABY, no matter what sport you are playing. If the other team can not compete too bad. I know what it feels like, my Indians got hammered in the ALCS But that is the way the game should be played, hard right till the buzzer or the final out.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    You mean to tell me if a Pro golfer has a ten stroke lead going into Sunday that he should just go out and try to shoot even par? I doubt that is going to happen
    No, but he probably shouldn't pull out driver with the lead on the 18th hole of a major.

RICK, thats not the same thing....

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    "Whatever, Manning has ALWAYS run out the clock when they are up."

Here are some stats from his 49 TD year (2004)

Nov. 14 vs Houston -- 49 -14 -- 5 TD pass
    Nov. 21 at Chicago -- 41 - 10 -- 4 TD pass
    Nov. 25 at Detroit -- 41 - 9 -- 6 TD pass

I don't hink he was running out the clock.

If you guys watch the game today between Miami and Giants, the Giants were knealing down for the last 2 or 3 plays and running the clock and the crowd were booing them badly. It was quite funny.

When I spend money to go watch a game live I hope they play right to the end... I don't care what the score is.

Thread Information