100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meadows

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Meadows

Played West/South yesterday. Greens had been punched and sanded. West better than South. Slow and bumpy. First time this year to hit 40 putts. Lags were great, 4 outside 40 feet to within 18" but the short putts were a nightmare. Guess it's that time to work on the long approach and chips and not worry about the finer points. North was closed for punching. Playing there again today so may be able to comment on East later.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Kiwi, I do not even score with puched greens, I say once your on give yourself a max 2 putt but try to hole them anyways.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Been playing it everyday this week. It's in alright condition but let me tell you they aren't trimming the deep stuff so if you get in there good luck.

Not finding putting to be that bad. If you try and lag it to "die" into the hole good luck you gotta hit w/ authority with punched greens

Played Friday and either I have the greens figured out or they smoothed up a bit. Seemed to be rolling a little better. Lost it for two holes and ruined one of my better rounds. Cannot blame it all on the conditions but a great day with only 31 putts, my yearly average. Like you say dH the off-fairway stuff is brutal, worst I have seen there. You chip out on one side and into the other and darned if you can find the ball for the grass and/or leaves. For Oct 26 it was a GREAT day and hopefully more to come.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    West was ony without punched holes yesterday so think they will soon. North had theres done recently but still managed to birdie #6 & 9 . Almost got first Eagle on #6!

South has grown in well haven't touched East lately. I'll see tonight I guess.

Played West/South again today. Good shape but not many other "nuts" out with us. They say their last day is Monday the 12th. Long range forecast looks good.

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    Do you know what their fall rates are? I may try and play there this Sat. Looking for something in the west or south end that is reasonably priced.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Do you know what their fall rates are? I may try and play there this Sat. Looking for something in the west or south end that is reasonably priced.
    $20
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thread Information