100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World Series

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

World Series

This is getting embarassing now. Looks like the layoff hurt the Rockies and the comeback is just fueling the Sox more.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    This is getting embarassing now. Looks like the layoff hurt the Rockies and the comeback is just fueling the Sox more.
    Yes, and they had 2 inches of snow this past week in Colorado so they moved the players inside hitting in batting cages and pitching off artificial mounds.
    Do you not think someone in the Colorado organization could have looked at the weather in the East and saw 20-25 C temps and quickly moved the team eastward early..........

Next observation is name how many left handed pitchers in history have been successful in Fenway Park...........I can not think of any.............
    With the short left field green monster the teams will just load up on right handed hitters when facing a Lefty. Rockies should have not pitched Francis in Boston.
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    this series is over. Beckett is damn good!

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Better not start talking like that you might bring back "The Curse".......... I remember everyone starting to celebrate in 1986 and then Bill Buckner watched the ball go between his legs.............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I got so excited about the game that I forgot to make my picks for the Fantasy Golf League.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    that's the only shame, the sox played soo well offensively, that it overshadowed how good Beckett pitched. The guy was lights out, he gave up only his 2nd walk of the entire post-season, 4 games!! The guy has some serious stuff and on 3 occasions has kept me up watching the game when i would have otherwise just went to bed. He is just one of those select few pitchers that makes you want to watch, as you feel you might miss some kinda history if you don't!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    I got so excited about the game that I forgot to make my picks for the Fantasy Golf League.

You should've been able to still get your picks in, the game was over by the 5th inning.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I agree with you completely. He is as exciting to watch as two of my all-time favourite pitchers: Bob Gibson and Sandy Koufax. Only time will tell if he has their durability. Let's hope that he does.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    that's the only shame, the sox played soo well offensively, that it overshadowed how good Beckett pitched. The guy was lights out, he gave up only his 2nd walk of the entire post-season, 4 games!! The guy has some serious stuff and on 3 occasions has kept me up watching the game when i would have otherwise just went to bed. He is just one of those select few pitchers that makes you want to watch, as you feel you might miss some kinda history if you don't!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    HUGE game last night.... well deserved win... i guess the curse has been broken... twice in three years...

Where were these guys during the first 50 years of my life? LOL They are a very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    HUGE game last night.... well deserved win... i guess the curse has been broken... twice in three years...
    to be honest i was disappointed! Not only because for these two teams, 4 out of 5 series that they played in (2 for Colorado and 1 for Boston, then World Series) were sweeps so it was very anti-climatic. Also, for my own personal selfishness, i was hoping they would win in 5 and i would get to watch Beckett pitch again. It was like watching Tiger in 2000, you just knew watching taht it didn't get better than what you were seeing.

Gap Wedge oktawa is on a distinguished road
    how come its called the world series when 95% of the teams are american??

basebal names are weird too, one league the "National League", the other is the "American League" WTF?l

Thread Information