100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greensmere

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Greensmere

Anyone played it recently? Playing tomorrow and wondering about conditions. Greens punched? And what type of shape is the new nine in? Just in case we end up playing it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Played 9 this afternoon and the white course was in very good shape. The gold course greens are firm so land short and hope they stop or come in really high with a wedge and a soft ball. Black course was in great shape on Monday. The only hole where leaves may be a problem has been the old #13. Overall the course is in really good shape.
    I may see you when you make the turn as I'll probably be practicing some chipping until our noon tee time.

Have fun

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    Played 9 this afternoon and the white course was in very good shape. The gold course greens are firm so land short and hope they stop or come in really high with a wedge and a soft ball. Black course was in great shape on Monday. The only hole where leaves may be a problem has been the old #13. Overall the course is in really good shape.
    I may see you when you make the turn as I'll probably be practicing some chipping until our noon tee time.

Have fun

Hoping we are on the new nine, would really like to see the first of the new layout.

Thanks for the review Gerry. I'll be sure to say high if I see you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    played the new 9 a few weeks ago and it was in good shape. But don't get your hopes up for a par 3 since there isnt any until the 9th hole. Its a neat layout with lots of water.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Played there yesterday (in the snow flurries) and it's still in great shape. Played the Gold and White courses with my wife - what a trooper!

There were some soggy spots on the fairway but the greens were fast and true - no bumps. They were also soft enough to let me have a better than average greens in regulation %.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Played this morning with a buddy of mine, Gbower and his pal Tim. Great day, good weather and the course is in amazing shape. Some greens are pretty firm but man that course is looking good still. Thanks for the round Gerry.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the game today. When you had the driver going it was out of site, especially that bomb on #7 gold when you were inside the 200 yd marker and down the middle. Was a great day and lets hope we get many more in this season.

Thread Information