100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Anyone else suck right now?

Since the forum fun day where i easily would have posted a score of over 100 if i had properly kept track score wise my golf game has officially gone to complete hell. I haven't even breathed on the 70's since then with the closest being an 84 at the Canadian. It's like i've forgotten how to play golf and it's killing me!!!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    My friend has totally forgotten. Me It comes and goes like the wind.

Yesterday - Great front 9. Got on North 6 in 2 missed eagle got birdie. Then forgot how to drive the ball. By the back 9 I was playing double bogey golf. That's golf life I think when I'm swinging well Ishould make more notes of what I'm doing right. Either way golf is confusing and humbling and yet totally awesome.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Nope... I think it's pretty much just you and Geoff who suck right now
    Late season golf is generally when I play my best. No pressure, season is over and it sets me up for extreme disappointment in the Spring LOL!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Since the forum fun day where i easily would have posted a score of over 100 if i had properly kept track score wise my golf game has officially gone to complete hell. I haven't even breathed on the 70's since then with the closest being an 84 at the Canadian. It's like i've forgotten how to play golf and it's killing me!!!
    My first round after the Fun day I shot -2 at Dragonfly. You suck, but I'd blame it on your equipment if I were you.

I can't comment on my only subsequent round though, I vaguely remember a few pars, but the large bottle of Smirnoff I was using as a substitute to my 8 iron really put a strain on my brains memory department.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    i played well the last 2 times I was out, however I had my moments in there as well. I find my funk usually hits mid to late summer.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

Yup, I'm part of that club right now. The forum fun day was awful for me, I think I just snuck in under 90. But since then I've had some good rounds, but the last three or four rounds I've gone through the "forgotten how to play" feeling. It always happens to me a couple of times a year, and it just depends on how long it hangs around for each time.

But usually late in the year, once I start playing hockey, the golf game and swing suffers.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Hi my name is Chris and I suck (at golf) . Scored an 85 Saturday but my last couple of rounds were 91-94. It was like I was just learning the game. My short game sucked, I couldn't hit a fairway or a green. I was (am) always struggling. I think it is 90% mental. I think at the end of the year we're trying to hard and we swing too hard. If we play with no high expectations I believe the game will come. I'm going out this afternoon to test my theory.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I am rotten also. I think hoolio put something in that large bottle of smirnoff, because I seem to remember being ok on the front nine that day, but not so much on the back. Last 2 rounds have been plain bad. Turned it around with a birdie on the last hole I played, leaving a less bitter taste in my mouth. Why are any of us on here right now? Its absolutely gorgeous golf weather outside.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I am rotten also. I think hoolio put something in that large bottle of smirnoff, because I seem to remember being ok on the front nine that day, but not so much on the back. Last 2 rounds have been plain bad. Turned it around with a birdie on the last hole I played, leaving a less bitter taste in my mouth. Why are any of us on here right now? Its absolutely gorgeous golf weather outside.

A little thing that keeps getting in our way of golfing, I think it's called "WORK". I know, I know it's a bad four letter word, but it had to be said.....
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Actually, I'm anti-suck right now, but it feels like suck.

Hadn't touched a club in 3 weeks, and shot 76 in the wind on Saturday at Talon. I had 8 legit birdie putts (inside 15 feet), but I only made 2.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I wish I could play anti-suck right now instead of pro-suck.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 10-22-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    With the exception of my putting yesterday I am playing anti-suck

That could change at Smugglers saturday.. we will see.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Last tuesday I was pounded by forum legend BoudMan & he shot 93.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm neither sucking or anti-sucking at the moment.

My last truly sucky round was the forum day.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I'm beyond sucking. 41 putts yesterday...frustrating when you need more than one hand to count GIR bogeys.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    I'm beyond sucking. 41 putts yesterday...frustrating when you need more than one hand to count GIR bogeys.

Ouch, that is not good Tom. So will the rest of the Scottys be put up for sale now???

Although I still thinketh, he who doth sucketh the mostest right now is big mac for having to clean windows on a day like this.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 10-22-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I'm actually playing better now cause my knee is feeling better, shot 71 yesterday with 5 birdies, one drive rolled O.B. on a par 4 ,teed up another and came away with only a bogie, stuck my approch shot to 2 and a half feet. It was my first round of golf using my Moe Norman putter, bought from a gentleman from Florida who owned a golf shop that Moe used to spend a lot of time in, Moe traded up from this model in the early 90's. I think it still has a little Moe Jo left in it .

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    I'm actually playing better now cause my knee is feeling better, shot 71 yesterday with 5 birdies, one drive rolled O.B. on a par 4 ,teed up another and came away with only a bogie, stuck my approch shot to 2 and a half feet. It was my first round of golf using my Moe Norman putter, bought from a gentleman from Florida who owned a golf shop that Moe used to spend a lot of time in, Moe traded up from this model in the early 90's. I think it still has a little Moe Jo left in it .

You were just itching to say that weren't you????

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Today: 2 bogies, 2 birdies, 2 three putts. Golf sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Today: 2 bogies, 2 birdies, 2 three putts. Golf sucks!!

Were the bogies the two three putts?

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I'm still washing windows---consider yourself luckey
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    reminds me of a Simpsons quote:

Homer: Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I know how you feel. As a result of trying to play through an injury, my handicap has jumped to 5.8. That is the highest that it's been for more than 30 years. Needless to say, I am not amused. However, there is always the hope that our problems can be remedied this winter. Here's hoping, John, that we both find salvation and inspiration this winter. Good luck.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Great shooting, Frank. I am envious.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I am seeing a pattern here (except for Frank), i have played with all of you at one point this summer and now a thread that your game has gone south

Bob, maybe you're golf's equivalent of Typhoid Mary. Much as some of us may be inclined to believe that all bad things emanate from you, I'm afraid that we have to take responsibility for our own shabby play. Of course, if this trend continues next year, we may have to put you on our "no play" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I am seeing a pattern here (except for Frank), i have played with all of you at one point this summer and now a thread that your game has gone south

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Bob, maybe you're golf's equivalent of Typhoid Mary. Much as some of us may be inclined to believe that all bad things emanate from you, I'm afraid that we have to take responsibility for our own shabby play. Of course, if this trend continues next year, we may have to put you on our "no play" list.
    I'm already on many of those Hopefully those that matter will put up with Typhoid Indy

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I sucked bad on Saturday but I blame that on the 25 MPH wind I played in. Sunday was anti suck.
    If I suck I blame it on lack of playing, I am working every day during the week now, so I just don't play 4 days in a row anymore.
    I am playing Wednesday after work, hopefully the round goes well. If not, oh well because I know I will have fun anyways.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Had the most bizarre roumd of my life last time out. I either sucked or excelled, no in between.

On the tee, i'd either smash one right down the centre or hit 6 inches fat and duff the ball 10 yards (into long grass or a hazard).

On approach shots/second shots with woods, same thing, down the pipe or 10 yards.

On iron shots, pured or shanked (no kidding).

As you can imagine I had some cracks at birdie, some pars, some doubles and some 10s and 12s.

Very frustrating for me I can tell you.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Yes I have given up on breaking 90 this year. I am happy that I am usually in the 90s at the moment, but what I required to break through feels a long way off. My swing is pretty elusive and the strings of pars and birdies I was getting have stopped. I am even thinking of taking more lessons to get some more predictibility on what to work on. It is soooooo frustrating that you can go out one day and feel, yes, I have finally got my swing, long and accurate, then the day after I suck.

Thread Information