+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Now now we all know i'm too cheap to pay retail prices!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I thought the adams idea a1 Iron set for $200 was a good deal in the Citizen ad, and those TM balls.

So, you resisted temptation for about 5 hours Mr. Johnston?

I'm not going. I'm pretty sure I won't lose too many balls at golf-o-max.
    Andrew

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I thought the adams idea a1 Iron set for $200 was a good deal in the Citizen ad, and those TM balls.

So, you resisted temptation for about 5 hours Mr. Johnston?

I'm not going. I'm pretty sure I won't lose too many balls at golf-o-max.

Yup, resisting temptation was easy. I walked in, browsed around a bit and came back to work, not a penny spent.

And I wouldn't say you aren't going to loose any balls just yet. I've seen it happen twice, and once was to me.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I was there about 9am. not much in terms of deals but I did get my free sleeve of balls. The TM balls were a good deal but I am fully stocked. Saw some sweet TW shirts but they were like $95 and $105 each. So much for the Canadian $ bringing the price of this stuff down. Shirts like this are between $50 and $70 in the US at the big outlets. I will wait til I got to MB in the spring to pick up all this stuff (balls, gloves, shirts).
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I was there about 9am. not much in terms of deals but I did get my free sleeve of balls. The TM balls were a good deal but I am fully stocked. Saw some sweet TW shirts but they were like $95 and $105 each. So much for the Canadian $ bringing the price of this stuff down. Shirts like this are between $50 and $70 in the US at the big outlets. I will wait til I got to MB in the spring to pick up all this stuff (balls, gloves, shirts).

What free sleeve of balls?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Top Flite D2 something or others...for the first 100 customers today. Oh and did you enter the draw for the free clubs?

Top Flite D2 something or others...for the first 100 customers today. Oh and did you enter the draw for the free clubs?

Yeah, like that is what I need, more clubs.

FREE clubs Geoff. you can always sell them

FREE clubs Geoff. you can always sell them

True, but she probably wouldn't believe even if I told her I won them. Not worth the hassle or the third degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    True, but she probably wouldn't believe even if I told her I won them. Not worth the hassle or the third degree.
    LOL. Point taken.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    As long as you pick them up in the morning, I'm sure you'd have them sold by lunch... She's never know.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

funny thing is, I was rolling some putts, first with a Rossa Daytona, and then with a YES Callie. I rolled two in from 15 feet one way with the Rossa. The guy says you should buy that putter. Then I try the Callie and I roll in 2 going the other way. I'm not sure what my problem is on the course.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    probably you wallet had the proper weight while taking the putts...

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    funny thing is, I was rolling some putts, first with a Rossa Daytona, and then with a YES Callie. I rolled two in from 15 feet one way with the Rossa. The guy says you should buy that putter. Then I try the Callie and I roll in 2 going the other way. I'm not sure what my problem is on the course.
    No pressure to make the putt at Golftown.

Always find the balls roll into the holes on their greens.............hmm hmm.......... Probably does not hurt Putter Sales
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Was there any discounts on the Scotty Camerons.I know Golftown dropped their prices on them on their website.Just wondering if there was a grand opening discount as well.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I dropped by the East store yesterday and I like the new layout.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Was there any discounts on the Scotty Camerons.I know Golftown dropped their prices on them on their website.Just wondering if there was a grand opening discount as well.
    didn't see any but wasn't really looking. look on ebay if you are looking for a scotty. they are about 1/2 price on there compared to retail.

Driver overswing is on a distinguished road overswing's Avatar
    I stopped by yesterday to check it out. It seemed alriight, however nothing special, especially in terms of deals. There was not much on sale at all. I hit the new r7 cgb against my burner and my burner blew it away. I also hit the burner TP fw wood and a rescue tp hybrid and loved them both. Unfortunately I discovered in the sims that I've developed a nasty pull over the last few months of not playing. Out of probably 100 shots I hit I didn't hit one even slight fade. IMO, the simulators were much more accurate and had a lot for information than the ones at Kanata. I was pleased to see that on my good drives I was getting really good numbers: avg. 110 mph SS, 14* launch, 3600 RPM back spin, 250-260 carry and totals at 270-280. It was nice to get these number from my burner/redboard combo, since this was the first time I'd hit it since I got it assembled. Much better than it was with the stock shaft.

So... Any of you East-enders finding yourself stopping in more than you expected to curb the withdrawal from the course? Takes me about 4 mins to walk there from work (I have no car now) and I've still only been over twice. I think I might go in today and see if the Sims are open to demo something.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have only been there once, and I left with a club...I would prefer not to go again as I will save money

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I have only been there once, and I left with a club...I would prefer not to go again as I will save money
    But Craiger think about it, you would have more clubs for your
    Spring Clearout Sale!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I just went over, I like to spend my time watching other people demo clubs. It's really easy to pick out the guys who are just there to kill time and who are actually looking for clubs. Who demos a $500 club in Sorel winter boots expecting to get an accurate idea of how you'll swing it in golf shoes?

I kinda want to get on one to see what my club head speed is on those sims, because everyone I was watching today seemed to be swinging painfully slow. I'm just wondering if the other measurements of swing speed I've had are a little inflated.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I went to Nevada Bobs--it was closer--just looking--I'm bored too
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up GT-East

Went there for the first time today. Surprised myself with the restraint I have shown. Only about 10 minutes (speed limit) from home so don't have to pack water and a snack to get to GT now. Noted the large empty store to the west of it and hoped that it would be for GT now, or possible expansion, but sadly, that will not be the case. Picked up a few presents for Santa to give me and was impressed. If my wife would just take up the game we could have paid their Dec. rent. Not that busy so staff were all over. Not as big as Kanata but enough there to keep one busy for a while. Layout is good so that if you are in the shoe area you can see where the golf bags are, etc. Although I am not a clothes horse like some Forum members (not that there is anything wrong with that) I still find that the prices are a little steep. I assume their price match policy will allow us to buy at "normal" prices if we do our homework. Strangely enough I saw a few "former" Nevada Bob (Orleans) employees there. Can't imagine that NB will do well or survive, given their current Orleans location (one way in, one way out) and the questionable (IMHO) practices (chipping area closed for a season) by the current Orleans Golf Academy proprietors. Last several times I have passed there NB's) I noted a total of 3 vehicles in the parking lot. 'tis the season, but apparently not at NB's. Thanks for moving east GT, at least we east enders will have some place to shop next season, other than Sport Chek.

I noticed alot of the prices seemed to have been marked down from the opening a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it's X-mas sales, but I found it kind of funny to see the prices lower than the "GRAND OPENING". Hibore XL's were $228 I think down from $350. They had Nike One (Black & Platinum) on for $34.99 I think. Clicgear cart was down to $199.

They almost seem to have too much staff, I think everyone in the store tried to help me today.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Indio,

You are right, one more club for the spring sale...providing leftylucas doesn't buy it before the sale... I had a gift card from Christmas last year I had to use, or you start to loose money on the balance every month you go past.

I picked up a Nickent #3 hybrid, it was only $68.00 and I can always sell my TM ones to leftylucas ...

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Indio,

You are right, one more club for the spring sale...providing leftylucas doesn't buy it before the sale... I had a gift card from Christmas last year I had to use, or you start to loose money on the balance every month you go past.

I picked up a Nickent #3 hybrid, it was only $68.00 and I can always sell my TM ones to leftylucas ...

You are so weak my friend
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Dropped back in tonight, wanted to try out that Hi-bore XL at that new price. Really helpful guy named Marc at the sims went through it with me. I've never used the sims to demo a club there before, but all the staff I've met there are really quite helpful at this location.

Oh and I think I was right, my club-head speed has either dropped quite a bit or these machines aren't quite as flattering to as others I've used.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    They almost seem to have too much staff, I think everyone in the store tried to help me today.
    Maybe you looked confused?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Maybe you looked confused?
    Or I spent way too much time wandering around. If you fish long enough, you'll catch them all I guess.

Thread Information