100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    The store had a sign Grand Opening is on the 29th of November at 9:00am !!!!
    Check this link http://www.golftown.com/storeLocator...o-ottawae.aspx

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I noticed that there are no specials advertised yet
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I was out at the East store today at lunch, just to see what's new. Not much impressed me in the clothing department. The Tommy Bahama stuff is nice, but my lord it's too expensive. If the Trainyards location doesn't have big specials, I'll just wait for boxing day.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Putter keithmurd is on a distinguished road
    amazing you got in to check things out!!!! are they letting in customers to look around before they are open??

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keithmurd View Post
    amazing you got in to check things out!!!! are they letting in customers to look around before they are open??
    I think he meant west.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar

gt opening ad is out

in todays citizen

nothing really spectacular , some genex 3dx woods for $68 , ping drivers for $200, hogan hybrids for $50

hope its better than the ad content...
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brucestats View Post
    in todays citizen
    For those who don't get the paper like myself, you can view it online at this link. I didn't know that you could look at the paper like this online, until about 2 mins ago. God bless the internet.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    For those who don't get the paper like myself, you can view it online at this link. I didn't know that you could look at the paper like this online, until about 2 mins ago. God bless the internet.
    Thanks hoolio

Thanks Hoolio--just saved me a trip and 1.00 to buy a paper

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Thanks hoolio
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Thanks Hoolio--just saved me a trip and 1.00 to buy a paper

Just another example of the lazy getting lazier. And leave it up to hoolio to lead the way.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Just another example of the lazy getting lazier. And leave it up to hoolio to lead the way.
    I'll work up a good reply to that after my 11am nap. Stay tuned.

I'll work up a good reply to that after my 11am nap. Stay tuned.

I rest my case.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I can just picture Geoff now---he has all the monitors on--all the cameras trained ( wow a pun) on "trainyards" and any extra OPP clearing the way so he can be first there!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I said it before, Geoff is going to be camped out as soon as his shift ends.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I said it before, Geoff is going to be camped out as soon as his shift ends.

It's not going to happen now. I've been re-assigned for the winter to work out of our Carleton Place yard. Probably saved me a bunch of money.

I just got back, and Geoff wasn't lying, I didn't see any signs of a overnight campground. I didn't see any familiar faces there at all. I was looking high for the the Halo which always hovers above one prominent members head, but to my surprise it wasn't there.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    So how was the grand opening? Any wicked sales?

I just got back, and Geoff wasn't lying, I didn't see any signs of a overnight campground. I didn't see any familiar faces there at all. I was looking high for the the Halo which always hovers above one prominent members head, but to my surprise it wasn't there.

See, told you so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    So how was the grand opening? Any wicked sales?
    The store was cool, and the same could be said about the Deals I guess.

I kinda browsed around but didn't really look at all the prices. Nothing stood out to me as a great deal however. I don't know if it's actually got more floor space than the Kanata location, but it sure looked like it did to me. There were three sims at the back, but there weren't a pile of demo clubs sitting there that I could try, and I didn't care to go over and pick something out to try that I obviously wasn't going to buy.

Was wondering the same thing Sure hope Carleton Place has ultra fast internet---otherwise the lines will be jammed for everyone else

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I didn't see anything in the 2 page ad in the citizen that made we want to wait in line for the opening. I will swing by on the weekend, just to see what the store looks like.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I didn't see anything in the 2 page ad in the citizen that made we want to wait in line for the opening. I will swing by on the weekend, just to see what the store looks like.
    Yes Craiger, you want to see what the store is like, Michelle will be checking the trunk when you return, let's see now, not another driver, the Burner seems pretty good, maybe a new wedge or 3 wood, hmmm, I am sure you will not buy anything
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Yes Luc, I am sure she will be. That is why I stop at the office and drop off my purchases and then when I get home the trunk is empty...

When I go, I will leave my wallet at home, so if you see me in the parking lot with a cup asking for spare change, don't stop....

Look out in the Spring when I have my massive LH Driver Sale, I am going to cut back to 3 Drivers.

Of course I will let you have first crack at them before they go on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Look out in the Spring when I have my massive LH Driver Sale, I am going to cut back to 3 Drivers. Of course I will let you have first crack at them before they go on sale.
    I appreciate that Craig, I am going to the new GT in about 15 minutes, early lunch as it should not be as busy. I actually will have 2 drivers by the spring and if Ebay goes well then I will have 3. I am getting my bonus tomorrow so I have to be very careful today!!
    Lefty Lucas

There was a big sign in the back near the Workshop that said "We Take Trades". Kinda made me laugh for some reason.

I saw Gropper leaving as I got there and for some reason the staff all knew him by name and several of them were helping him take his bags to the car. I then realised why there were no LH clubs left on the shelves.
    Lefty Lucas

Yikes-----Gropper and Lefty have already been there?----not much use of any more lefties showing up

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Yikes-----Gropper and Lefty have already been there?----not much use of any more lefties showing up
    I think it would be hard to clean that place out without the help of an Amex Black Card or an armed militia group and 18 wheeler.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar

whats left?

Any word on how long it takes GT to restock? I dont want to waste a drive out there?

Were there any 10% coupons off, or something similar being handed out?
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Just got back from a quick tour. Was talking to one of my friends and this store is smaller than the one in Kanata, but they put more stock out on the floor which makes it look bigger. A very nice store, and like others have said, nothing in the way of deals that really stood out. About the only thing that caught my eye was they had TM TP balls for $29.99.

Thread Information