CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McCabe's Goal

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    McCabe had no reason trying to pass across to Antropov at that point, the Habs defenders were way too close, and he failed to recognize that. The puck should have gone low. I have always said that McCabe is a one-dimensional player at best, with below average defensive skill. Montreal managed to get rid of their problem child (Souray), I hope the Leafs do the same soon.

A sad way to end any game, for sure, especially since both goalies played exceedingly well all night. Gainey seems to have made the right call on Price. The kid is so cool under pressure. Apologies to Cristobal Huet, who is a fine goalie in his own right, but Montreal seems destined for greatness again with Carey Price between the pipes.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Or maybe the Canadiens player made a hell of a read on the play and it wasn't entirely McCabe's fault.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Sorry Scott but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here - IMO McCabe telegraphed that one big time

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    yep. brutal pass. did McCabe at least get credited with an assist?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Or maybe the Canadiens player made a hell of a read on the play and it wasn't entirely McCabe's fault.

Wow...some people are really dense when it comes to this guy.

Fally
    aka Scott
    It was a hell of a read for a Peewee hockey player, it was a routine play if you are an attentive NHL player. Perhaps you need to take your leafs cap off when you watch McCabe and see how bad of a pass it was. Nobody is saying that he's the only one that has made that horrid play, just it cost them the game basically.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

Wow...some people are really dense when it comes to this guy.

Fally
    aka Scott

Thought you might enjoy this little song titled "Good Ole Bryan McCabe" from Q107 site.................Enjoy !!
    http://www.q107.com/home/FunStuff/Jo...9/Default.aspx
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I've decided to refrain from all hockey posts that involve the Leafs/Sens for the remainder of the winter. Not because I think I'm wrong, but moreso because I won't be able to convince anyone I'm right lol.

That and if I do, I'll never get any rounds of golf in with you guys in 2008! lol

You may still feel my wrath in PMs if you are especially nasty to my boys though!

Have fun boys! I look forward to debating the effectiveness of the Phoenix Coyotes 4th line with all of you!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I've decided to refrain from all hockey posts that involve the Leafs/Sens for the remainder of the winter. Not because I think I'm wrong, but moreso because I won't be able to convince anyone I'm right lol.

That and if I do, I'll never get any rounds of golf in with you guys in 2008! lol

You may still feel my wrath in PMs if you are especially nasty to my boys though!

Have fun boys! I look forward to debating the effectiveness of the Phoenix Coyotes 4th line with all of you!

Fally
    aka Scott
    ah come on, where's the fun of a one-sided argument? We need guys that have rose-coloured leaf glasses or else the thread won't be any fun!

Seriously, where's the fun of everybody agreeing? I do the same on TGN, although i am in the very small minority, its wicked.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Fally
    aka Scott
    I'll still golf with you Scott, despite the fact you're a leaf fan.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Ditto

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    He can't be! I have played with him many times and he is just too laid back and rational to be a leafs fan Oh well, I would still play with him any day of the week.... we all have our faults, some worse than others

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    some worse than others
    Statements like that always comes come acoss with a lot of meaning when they come from someone with so much first hand knowledge...............

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Statements like that always comes come acoss with a lot of meaning when they come from someone with so much first hand knowledge...............
    'first hand' Knowledge is sometimes very important

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    ah come on, where's the fun of a one-sided argument? We need guys that have rose-coloured leaf glasses or else the thread won't be any fun!
    I don't own any rose coloured glasses, although they'd be *in' if I did!

I watched the play a few times last night, and I stick by my convictions. The pass almost made it to it's intended target, although the pass was not as hard as you would like it to have been made. Komisarek made a good play on the puck.

People want to bury McCabe because he makes a lot of money that arguably, should never have been offered to him. I agree with you, if that's how you think. Then again I don't think anyone is worth $6 million dollars! Regardless of the team in Toronto, they have ALWAYS witnessed one great season by a player (the term great and the ability of said player should be taken into consideration here) and then dumped a lot of money on them and the person has slid disgustingly.

Just give him a break. If anything you should be cheering McCabe and encouraging his horrible play. The more games he coughs up, the better the chance the Leafs miss the playoffs and the better the chance the Senators won't be upset in the playoffs by them again.

Hey, if you can't rally around your own team, you have to rally around the right aspects of the team you hate!

Okay, I guess I can never say never about posting on hockey threads on golf forums!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

I don't own any rose coloured glasses, although they'd be *in' if I did!

I watched the play a few times last night, and I stick by my convictions. The pass almost made it to it's intended target, although the pass was not as hard as you would like it to have been made. Komisarek made a good play on the puck.

People want to bury McCabe because he makes a lot of money that arguably, should never have been offered to him. I agree with you, if that's how you think. Then again I don't think anyone is worth $6 million dollars! Regardless of the team in Toronto, they have ALWAYS witnessed one great season by a player (the term great and the ability of said player should be taken into consideration here) and then dumped a lot of money on them and the person has slid disgustingly.

Just give him a break. If anything you should be cheering McCabe and encouraging his horrible play. The more games he coughs up, the better the chance the Leafs miss the playoffs and the better the chance the Senators won't be upset in the playoffs by them again.

Hey, if you can't rally around your own team, you have to rally around the right aspects of the team you hate!

Okay, I guess I can never say never about posting on hockey threads on golf forums!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Welcome back big guy

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Why do these comments from Leaf fans sound so much like a person who has a serious drinking or drug problem making excuses................

You can not reason with them...........
    Pretty heavy there PEI...... You are talking about one of the most respected people in the forum and an all around great guy. besides, there are many sports fans that can't be reasoned with, not only leafs.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Pretty heavy there PEI...... You are talking about one of the most respected people in the forum and an all around great guy. besides, there are many sports fans that can't be reasoned with, not only leafs.
    I am sure he is a great guy. I am not questioning his character, only his "blind passion"........... Also, Indio there is supposed to be some humour in my posts (relax alittle)........... However, I know quite a few good guys, some even good friends of mine, but when it comes to the Leafs Nation you can not reason.
    I guess, "Love is Blind" really sums things up...........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    I am sure he is a great guy. I am not questioning his character, only his "blind passion"........... Also, Indio there is supposed to be some humour in my posts (relax alittle)........... However, I know quite a few good guys, some even good friends of mine, but when it comes to the Leafs Nation you can not reason.
    I guess, "Love is Blind" really sums things up...........
    Sorry bud, but you questioned his character with the drug and drinking inuendo....

Where was the humor in that? that bordered on personal attack IMHO and I am really surprised no one stepped in on it....

as for th love is blind comment, your right but I will refrain responding to it as its not worth being banned for I will save that for a rainy day

You have got to be kidding..............

However, I certainly did not intend my comments to be taken that way. However, in hindsight certainly can see how they could be.
    Having said that, I will delete my previous post, and if you could also delete your response post which have my comments would be much appreciated.

Thread Information