100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Wie's Agent Quits.

As if her play was not bad enough, Wie's agent has quit. This is the second of her agent's who has said "adiós."

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...3&select=24149
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    As if her play was not bad enough, Wie's agent has quit. This is the second of her agent's who has said "adiós."

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...3&select=24149
    Sounds like America's version of the Lindros story. "Father Knows Best"...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    how stupid is this kid? Does she not realize her dad is killing her career???

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Despite having made some disparaging comments in past threads, I feel badly for her. She's just a kid who's being jerked around by a bunch of greedy parasites. I hope she finds her game and can eventually make a go of it on the LPGA.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    She needs to have a chat with Sean O'Hair pronto.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Even The Golf Channel has turned on the girl when they stated:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...s=1092&h.pos=0

MORE WOE FOR WIE: Meanwhile, down near the bottom of the leaderboard was Michelle Wie. Playing on her final sponsor's exemption of the year, Wie opened in 79 -- on her 18th birthday -- and concluded with rounds of 79-77-71 to finish one shot out of last place in the field of 20.

Wie said at the beginning of the week that she wished she hadn't played at all this year. Actually, she could have gotten her wish had she not withdrawn late in first round at the Ginn Tribute, where she was on the verge of posting 88 and being banned from LPGA events for the remainder of the season. But play she did, 21 official rounds on the PGA and LPGA tours, with a stroke average of 76.7. If this golf thing doesn't work out, at least she should have a degree from Stanford, in a few years, to fall back on.
    Kind regards, Harry

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Talking

She needs a break from all the mis-guided direction she's receiving. She needs Terry Tate as her agent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCr6rZdh-UI
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    She needs a break from all the mis-guided direction she's receiving. She needs Terry Tate as her agent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCr6rZdh-UI
    "That's a long distance call, Doug!"

Sorry for the 'jack, one of the funniest ad series ever, and my all time fave!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    She is very immature for an 18 year old. I know one thing, my daughters were for more mature at that age. They made decisions that would effect their lives and made wise ones too.

She needs to walk away from her Father, he is jerking her around. At least her latest agent was smart enough to get off the sinking Wie Cruise Ship. Too late maybe, that ship sank this past summer.

No agent in his right mind would take on the position of looking after that Family Affair.

Too bad really, a waste of talent. If she had stayed put as an Amateur, won some events, went to school, played College golf, then turned Pro she might have had a future. As I see it now her confidence must be bottomed out. As you all know that is not a good thing when it comes to your golf game.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Hmmm...............making $19 million a year to finish dead last in most tournaments..............I do not think the Wie "family" are the dumb ones in this case...........
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/53/...-Wie_4ZKC.html

Ok from a $$ perspective Michelle is set for life (we hope.....).

From a golf perspective she should go and have a meeting with Tiger.

I would think Tiger's advice would be like others is to forget the Pro circuit for at least a few years. Get your amateur status back. Play College golf for Stanford and learn to "win". This is what Tiger does to his opponents........finishes them off Mentally..........(ok except maybe Mikey on a "very special" Sunday in Montreal....).
    Michelle should enter some US Amateurs and learn to beat the heck out of her opponents. Then with her physical talent and a tough mental game she will be ready for the LPGA tour. The girl is still so young and has many years ahead of her. However, somebody needs to start to make the right decisions............unless the right decisions were only about the almighty $$$$.
    Should be interesting to see how the story plays out.....................
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

I doubt that she would ever be able to get her amateur status back in the near term.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I doubt that she would ever be able to get her amateur status back in the near term.
    She may have to sit out a year.........but it will give her time for the "wrist injury" to heal properly and get her swing back on track.

I would think, if they were to give amateur status back to anyone they would give it to Michelle. Heck just think of the publicity College Golf and Amateur golf in the US would get. Also, USGA would come out looking great as helping this "poor mismanaged" talented golfer get on the right track.
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Historically speaking, it takes about 2 years to regain your amateur status. And, you can't earn any money directly relating to the playing of golf in that time, or you're screwed.

Her parents would never allow the gravy train to dry up for that long. The fact that she has $19M not withstanding. They strike me as "the more you have, the more you want" types.

From the USGA reinstatement website:

The routine probation period a person must wait before reinstatement to amateur status is granted is either one or two years, depending on the total length of time as a non-amateur. However, this probation period may be longer if an applicant has played extensively for prize money.
    Given that she has played as a professional and is getting serious endorsement money as a professional golfer, which she would have to give up to be an amateur, I stand by original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Her parents would never allow the gravy train to dry up for that long. The fact that she has $19M not withstanding. They strike me as "the more you have, the more you want" types.
    Yes, thats (the parents) the problem......Most people could take some time to go amateur and live on the previous years $19 million. She might seriously think about doing this or sooner than later she might be lucky to make $19,000 playing pro golf.......

From the USGA reinstatement website:

Given that she has played as a professional and is getting serious endorsement money as a professional golfer, which she would have to give up to be an amateur, I stand by original statement.
    There are always exceptions made............and in this case it would be the perfect exception................

If the USGA made an exception for her they would take an unbelievable amount of heat.

I'll bet a dollar (CDN) that it never happens.

First off she'll never apply and secondly if she did, the USGA would never grant it.

Thread Information