CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

Talking

I have picked up a set of Miura forged Taylormade RAC CB's with PX shafts that are mint, which are in the bag now. I have a set of Callaway X-Forged w/PX shafts that will see some play time when I'm in Florida next week. I have just sent a Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 to Kevin Cobert for some custom work. I have the same putter in black oxzide that I had refinished at the Cameron Studio this spring, so I thought I'd have another one done in satin nickel with a few personal touches. Recently bought 3 drivers, Titlesit 907 D2, Callaway FT5 and TM 425 that are having a tough time knocking the 510 TP out. Anybody need a driver? So there are definte changes happening Why make so many changes? I wish I had the answer... any doctors in the house that can explain this? ... you're not a doctor Indio
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Bogie Kakarot is on a distinguished road
    I went from hand me downs to

r7 quad
    r7 #3 hybrid
    r7 draw irons 3-pw, aw
    cg-10 58*
    dunlop redneck putter

I played 3 rounds this year, shooting a 115 on a massive/tough course was my highlight (lol)

I want to get a new putter (white hot xg 2 ball and a wedge set ,52, 56, 60)

7 Wood Itchy is on a distinguished road Itchy's Avatar
    I have been hitting my Mizuno TP-9s (left handed) for the past 2 years and I love them, making the move back to blades has made me far more competetive than I have been in years. I carry an old Ping 1 iron I like and when I am hittting it well, I never miss the fairway with it, but I think it may be time to move on and get something more forgiving. I did take out the stock wedge in the TP-9 set and put in a Cleveland (48 degree), which I have fallen in love with. No changes to the wedges, Cleveland 54 degree rusty and Titliest oil can 60 degree. Driver went from original R7 to Callaway X 8.5, which I am hitting much more consistently than I had the R7 in the past year.

Putters... like most putter nutz on the board, my Cameron collection is beginning to amass quite nicely. I have a couple I like and will game with, mostly studio/newport models, I like the necks on the ones I have. I am looking for a Red X, which I am sure I will find over the winter and recently purchased a Te I3 which I am going to get refinished, unlikely I will game with it, but who knows, most likely will become trade bait. I took out a couple Ping's (Craze-e and G5i Tess model which will be finding their way on to the "for sale" board soon enough. I took out this horific rescue (Ping) that I just couldnt hit, made a great fathers day gift however and I think I need something to replace it, but short on room in the bag, depending on what I decide with the 1 iron.

Wants;

I still am looking desperately for the 2 iron to the TP-9 set, but no luck to date. I am also sending my heads on the Mizuno's to the ironfactory to get refinished, and am thinking about changing the Dynamic S-300 shafts, having not really been one to tinker with shafts, I am going to need to do some research.

Always looking for Scotty's at a good price and trying to decide on a 4 or 5 wood

I don't anticipate any significant changes other than that.
    I golf therfore I swear

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    Hmmm lets see....started the season with;

Cleveland Launcher with prolaunch
    Callaway Steelhead III 3-wood; prolite
    Callaway Steelhead III 7-wood; prolite (flies like a 5-wood)
    Tommy Armour 845cm (combos); TT S300
    Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 56*
    Cleveland 588 RAW 53* (bent to 52*)
    Ping Anser 2 Putter

I changed out the 3-wood for a Taylormade V-Steel with a X-stiff steel, to an Accra Axiv T-70.

On the way is a set of Ping i5's that are 4-PW, so I'm thinking of picking up a 22* Ping G5 Hybrid with Prolaunch. Also shopping around for an Odyssey White Hot XG #7 at 33". A 4-wood MAY be in order...but the 4 rounds with the axiv/V-steel have seen some greatness so far. A Superquad TP is on order, but its going to have to be VERY solid to get the Launcher out of the starting lineup. OH, I need a new bag too.....going after a Ping Hoofer! Ummm.... I think thats it.....

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Ok, I will bite. What are the specs on this superquad and how much does the pro want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    There is a new TM Super Quad staring at me everytime I walk in the Pro Shop at the course I work at. On top of that the PRO is tempting me with a good price on it. Maybe one more round with the demo and that should be the deciding factor.
    Other than that, all I added during the summer was a Vokey Spin Mill 56 to replace my RAC Satin 56.
    Bounced back and forth between my YES Tracy II and the Rosa Fontana, the Rosa is solid in the bag right now.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Started the season with Hi-bore XL driver, still in the bag
    21 degree Titleist 585H is still in the bag
    Cleveland TA5 Gunmetal irons are recently sold.
    Wedges are still around (53 Gunmetal Cleveland, 58 Degree TM Black TP)
    Putter has changed from 35" Red X to YES Sophia 33".

Off season will be looking to purchase some irons with stiff shafts (although playing with 5 clubs(putter, driver, hybrid, 2 wedges) in the bag lately has been great-shot 42 on South Course-Manderley the other day)
    Might pick up some Titleist Spin Milled wedges and maybe another hybrid or 5wood. We'll see.

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    A new Superqaud 1st Edition replaced the Cally X460 Tour 10.5.

Ping G10/I10 combos on order to replace the Bridgestone J33 CBs.

Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy replaced the STX 52".

3 Wood dwalker is on a distinguished road dwalker's Avatar
    From the beginning of the season to now, the only original item left is my putter, which I'm looking to upgrade now. I started with 9 year old Palmer Standard Plus irons, a 9 year old Cobra offset driver. I now have Ping G2 irons, G2 460cc driver, and Nickent 3DX Ironwood #1 and #2 hybrids.
    I also have a set of Hogan BH5 irons as backups, plus various other fairway woods, and a spare driver waiting to be used when needed.
    Slice, hook, or straight down the middle. It all looks the same on the score card.

Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

changes at top and bottom

Have been thru constant changes in the bag with the driver and the putter. Pretty well set with 3 and 5 wood (TM Vsteel). Also with the irons 4-PW Nike Pro Combos with Nippon 975 Regular shafts(from Titleist irons). Nike 53* forged gap wedge. Nike Forged 58* SW. And a Cleveland 588 60* low bounce lob bent to 63*. I think the bounce is now about 7*
    As for the driver I believe I have been thru 6 this season. My 7th is only one round old. It is a Ashton X1 8.5* with a V2 7070 regular felx at 44.75" with Winn rave grip.
    Has REAL possibilities. And as for the putter. Started the year with a Ping G2 Craz-e belly putter at 41". Then went back to my old standby a 1996 Odyssey Rossie 2 at 35".
    When it was working good I decided to try and cut the Ping down to "normal". So had it cut to 33.75" and put a new Winn Ping G2 grip on it. WOW!! Anyone want a left handed Odyssey?. So I think that will be the way I starting the year.

Needing a good hybrid 21* regular graphite shaft. Nike or TM preferred.

Nike Bags!! Red Stand and navy blue cart.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Seeing as how some were trying to guess what my favourite irons were after I posted I had recently got a set, I figured I should update this thread on my behalf.

First off, a nice suprise was offered up to me today.....swapping my G2 driver for the following:

I'm really looking forward to hitting this.

As for the rest of the bag, still got the Ashton fwy wd, the Snake Eyes wedges (awesome btw, although I am trying to seperate beefstuff from his WRX wedges ), and the Guerin putter.

But now to the piece de resistance:

My favourite irons of all time, and the winner is jvincent:

A beautiful set of Tourstage Z101s with the paintfill removed. Can't wait to get creative!!!!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    My favourite irons of all time, and the winner is jvincent
    I was confident that I was going to win.

What's my prize? Do I get first dibs on these when they inevitably go on the market?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I was confident that I was going to win.

What's my prize? Do I get first dibs on these when they inevitably go on the market?

If you'd like, considering that is all I can actually offer you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I should create a poll for how long these stay with you.

I should create a poll for how long these stay with you.

You go right ahead, and I will make it my mission to keep them much longer than any guess anyone would have..... Like I said, my favourite irons of all time. I never should've gotten rid of my other ones. These are in the bag until at least next season.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Ok so i have had some movement!

bag was set like this for most of the season

Nike SQ 10.5
    Nike SQ 3 wood
    NIke Slingshot tour hybrid 21*
    Nike CPR hybrid 24*
    NIke Pro combo Tours 4-PW
    Nike SV black wedges 52* 56*
    Scotty Newport 2 studio style

But now looks like this, for now!

Nike Sumo 10.5* w V2
    Nike SQ 3 wood
    Cleveland Halo hybrid 19* 22*
    Nike Pro Combo Tours 5-PW
    Nike SV Tour wedges 52* 56* 60*
    Nike Unitzed Tiempo putter! ( i know i am going to hear about this one! lol)

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Well I picked up a back up set of irons, some KZG CBII M and am anxious to try them out. I also switched wedges from Cleveland 588s to Vokeys, not because of performance but because they gap from my PW and this is the best time to get cheap clubs. Whoops, I almost forgot that I finally nabbed a Yes C-Groove Marilyn putter yesterday after looking all year and missing one on this site. Jees, aint it enough?? Now I just need to sell a few more clubs and I am done, well, for now, well right now.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge Daniel1234 is on a distinguished road
    I went from:
    Driver: TaylorMade R580XD M.A.S. 65 Stiff
    Hybrid: 1, 2, 3 Callaway Heavenwood
    Irons: 4-PW Callaway X-Tour DG S300
    Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Callaway Forged+ DG S300
    Putter: Yes Golf Sophia
    Bag: 2005 Callaway 9.5 inch Staff Bag
    Callaway Daytripper Stand Bag

To:
    Driver: Callaway FT-5 8.5 degree Fujikura E360 Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway X-Tour 13 degree Fujikura TP 26.3 Stiff
    Hybrids: 2, 3 Callaway Heavenwood
    Irons: 4-PW Callaway X-Forged PX Flighted 6.0
    Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Callaway Forged+ DG S300
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 3.5
    Bag: Callaway 25th Anniversary 10.5 Staff Bag (Silver)
    Ogio Vaporlite (Green)

Looking to possibly pick up some new wedges (not sure if I should wait for the new Callaway "C" grind wedges or try Miura or Maruman wedges--any suggestions?) and maybe new hybrids (Callaway X series in graphite).

T'is the time of year for tinkering. More changes.....

FT-5 re-shafted with a Fuji Speeder 652
    New Ashton 3wd, shaft TBD
    Re-shafted the Ashton 5wd w/ Fuji VP 80
    New Zero Tolerance Maximizer 4 hybrid w/ Rifle shaft
    Re-shafted the Zs with some PXs

And got a new Burton bag (rip in the old one), but will have to return this one as well due to a rip in the cooler pocket.

Those z-101s are looking even nicer to me now that they have PXs in them.

Those z-101s are looking even nicer to me now that they have PXs in them.

Keep dreaming buddy, keep dreaming.....

I'll wager a sleeve of golf balls that you aren't playing the Z's by July 31 next season.

I'll wager a sleeve of golf balls that you aren't playing the Z's by July 31 next season.

Now, now, wagering/betting is prohibited on the site......

PS, what type of balls?

It would probably have to be for at least a dozen or tow even (and that's for premium balls) to make me consider keeping a set of irons that long.

Wish you had made this offer earlier this year. I don't think anyone thought I'd keep the Bstones for as long as I did.

It would probably have to be for at least a dozen or tow even (and that's for premium balls) to make me consider keeping a set of irons that long.
    See what I mean, you're already starting to crumble.

See what I mean, you're already starting to crumble.

I'm just being realistic.

I mean c'mon, I got more incentive as a kid to sit still for an hour. And here you are dangling a mere sleeve of balls in front of me to keep the same irons for almost 3/4 of a year.

A man has to explore his options, unless of course the right offer comes along....hmmmmmm.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I'm just being realistic.

I mean c'mon, I got more incentive as a kid to sit still for an hour. And here you are dangling a mere sleeve of balls in front of me to keep the same irons for almost 3/4 of a year.

A man has to explore his options, unless of course the right offer comes along....hmmmmmm.
    I'll keep the Acers and Zevos around for when you want them in the Spring

Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I'll keep the Acers and Zevos around for when you want them in the Spring

You're a pal Reid. Always looking out for a man's best interest. I'm trying to make some headway here Reid, and this isn't helping.....

In "addict speak" Reid is what is called an enabler.

In "addict speak" Reid is what is called an enabler.

I know, which is why I had to point out he wasn't helping my cause any. I don't need to be tempted.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    You're a pal Reid. Always looking out for a man's best interest. I'm trying to make some headway here Reid, and this isn't helping.....
    LOL! Just be thankful I'm not moving the Gunmetals

Thread Information