CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Emery makes 46 stops in re-hab win

Maybe we will have a goal tending controversy after all....

http://www.theahl.com/news/league/in...rticle_id=8000

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I hope he played better. He was pretty bad in his first start.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I hope he played better. He was pretty bad in his first start.
    Did you get a chance to see the game?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Did you get a chance to see the game?

Nope, highlights and commentary. It wasn't glowing reviews, and the goals he let in were pretty soft. But good to hear he played better in his second game.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    lets not get TOO excited...it was the AHL...if hes the number 1 goalie of an NHL team like everyone says he is he should be stopping almost all shots in the AHL! Ill be happy as anyone if he plays well this year but lets not get our hopes up cuz of a AHL game!

Quote Originally Posted by smithers40 View Post
    lets not get TOO excited...it was the AHL...if hes the number 1 goalie of an NHL team like everyone says he is he should be stopping almost all shots in the AHL! Ill be happy as anyone if he plays well this year but lets not get our hopes up cuz of a AHL game!

I was thinking the same thing, but let's not get to ahead of ourself either. Although the NHL is a better league than the AHL, I wouldn't expect any NHL goaltender to go down to the AHL and stop "every" shot. You have to be a little realistic.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smithers40 View Post
    I don't know about that.....the top players in the league are obviously a lot better in the NHL but I've been told by a lot of NHL guys that the difference skill wise between the AHL and the majority of NHLers isn't very pronounced at all.

To think that a starting goalie would stop every shot is a stretch to say the least IMO

no see i didn't say he should stop every shot! i said he SHOULD be stopping most of the shots...like he did in game 2...now game one...i dont care if he had 48 shots...he still shouldn't be allowing 4 goals...and some of the 4 goals i heard were very weak...and i never said the ahl wasn't a good hockey league...im saying for a goalie who is suppose to be a solid number 1 goalie ready to win a cup he should not be giving up soft goals to guys that either are not good enough for the nhl or not ready...thats my opinion

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Come on folks. Who cares how he played. The real question is, did he act in a gentlemanly manner before and after the game?

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Come on folks. Who cares how he played. The real question is, did he act in a gentlemanly manner before and after the game?
    Yes he did.............Here is the video to prove it................
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZzyOBhk5Uw
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Nope, highlights and commentary. It wasn't glowing reviews, and the goals he let in were pretty soft. But good to hear he played better in his second game.
    Cool. Well, I guess it's essentially his first game action in four months, so we can cut him some slack.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Cool. Well, I guess it's essentially his first game action in four months, so we can cut him some slack.

No doubt, was just saying his first outing wasn't that good. But in all seriousness, these guys practice so much it's not like he hasn't played any. Yes, game situations are different than practice situations, but let's not kid ourselves and think he's that rusty.

No doubt, was just saying his first outing wasn't that good. But in all seriousness, these guys practice so much it's not like he hasn't played any. Yes, game situations are different than practice situations, but let's not kid ourselves and think he's that rusty.
    So you're saying it's more than rust?
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

So you're saying it's more than rust?

No, I was responding to remark that it was his first action in four months. Just stating that they practice enough that he shouldn't be that rusty. But I do agree that practice and game situations are quite different. But with all the practice and scrimmages they play, he shouldn't be that "rusty". They wouldn't throw him out there if they didn't think he was in game shape. So his first game was a bit shaky, but I'm glad the second outing was better.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks Geoff.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

It's going to be interesting to see what happens and how he performs. I think I saw on Sportsnet tonight he's getting the start in Ottawa's next game.

i think thats a mistake...lets take a guy out who has been standing on his head for a still injured goalie that will (this is my guarantee) allow more then 3 goals...2 of which being over his bad hand! Our only hope is that we dont allow more then 20 shots and A-train blocks a solid 15

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens and how he performs. I think I saw on Sportsnet tonight he's getting the start in Ottawa's next game.
    My guess is he will not start until Saturday against Florida which Ottawa has handled easily over the past few years. There will be less hype in Saturdays game than against the Habs...............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    My guess is he will not start until Saturday against Florida which Ottawa has handled easily over the past few years. There will be less hype in Saturdays game than against the Habs...............

I must've mis-read something then. I thought Ottawa was playing Buffalo next, so they must've been referring to something else. Like I said, I thought I heard something in passing. My bad. That would make more sense.

Thread Information