CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar

Exclamation Charity Tournament Access

Just got back from two weeks golfing in the Calgary & Vancouver areas & we noticed something in the local papers in both cities that was outstanding!!
    One day each week (Tuesday seems best) they give a full page to allow all the local upcoming golf events to make themselves known to the area. It's in column format with the charity, the course, the date/time, the cost, a contact name/number & the number of spots still available. What a great, great idea.
    I've gone in various places to see a sign saying "their golf day next week now cancelled due to lack of interest". Well of course if the only sign is one of ten on your front door!!

I'm going to E-Mail this to both the Sun & Citizen. Who knows by next season we might get some action??

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I agree, and the Calendar here is for that purpose. You can post your own event and update info as needed. Anyone registerd for the board can use it, so if you know of an event please post!

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Me too, this is a brilliant idea. If the newspapers really DO exist to serve the community, I'd love to see their excuses for not having it in. I'm sure all the charities that benefit would appreciate knowing their reasoning as well.

And, of course.. from the participant's perspective... wouldn't it be great to be able to choose the charity function that fits your expenditure profile. $1,000 spots are for the PM's and VIP's, but I'd like to know that the people who can afford to go to the big ones are going, and vice versa. I can't spend $1,000 on a day of golf - even for the best cause in Canada, but I'd like to think that somebody who could hasn't already been booked at the Mac's Milk Charity Invitational 8-man shotgun 'cause that's the only one he/she knows about.

spidey

Thread Information