100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

2008 TaylorMade TP irons..

Pics from golfwrx.com

These irons looks great! I could see these in your bag Jordo.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    .. Sweeeet
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Are those basically the much coveted R7 Forged? Me likey a lot!
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

3 Wood Leftygolfer3 is on a distinguished road Leftygolfer3's Avatar
    Those are some sexy looking irons!

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    HOT! but i wish they werent chrome...

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    We aren't getting them.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Would you care to expand on that a little? We weren't supposed to see the Japanese R7 Forged either but they are all over American boards for lower and lower prices. There's a set on wrx.com right now for 675$. I will have a set in my hands.

you guys see the new driver?

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Would you care to expand on that a little? We weren't supposed to see the Japanese R7 Forged either but they are all over American boards for lower and lower prices. There's a set on wrx.com right now for 675$. I will have a set in my hands.

They are Tour only. Unless you get them from a guy on Tour or a contact who can get Tour equipment, retail will not see them. I already asked the TM rep about getting a forged R7 and he said it's Tour only this upcoming year.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGolfer View Post
    They are Tour only. Unless you get them from a guy on Tour or a contact who can get Tour equipment, retail will not see them. I already asked the TM rep about getting a forged R7 and he said it's Tour only this upcoming year.
    I just don't think that's going to happen. I understand the R7 forged, but why on earth would they put all the TP logo stuff on it if they aren't sending it to retail? Usually they only do that if they want to add a nice little price tag over the standard retail item. Kinda seems stupid to slap the TP logo on something that's Tour only, maybe they need a "TO" logo. Something along the lines to a guy in a Dallas Cowboy jersey throwing bricks of $100 bills at people would be appropriate.

You may be right, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were Tour only for 2008 to create the hype/demand and then, magically, became available at retail in 2009.

EG, don't bother with them man, you'll just hit them fat anyway.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

i'm willing to put money on it that they will be available in north america come april-may.
    Last edited by MusicMan; 10-03-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Check out the extended thread on wrx.com there is plenty of confirmation that they should be coming to the U.S. as well. They probably won't have milled faces but we'll see them. A Taylormade Rep isn't necessarily completely in the loop regarding everything that's coming out. They are on the ground level, the big wigs are making the decisions wether or not these come to the U.S. and Canada.

A Taylormade Rep isn't necessarily completely in the loop regarding everything that's coming out. They are on the ground level, the big wigs are making the decisions wether or not these come to the U.S. and Canada.
    It's a Taylor Made reps job to know what is coming to retail and what is not. They have to get commitment and numbers LONG before the product goes into retail. I asked him again a couple of days ago and he said there are no plans for these irons to be anything besides Tour. You might see them at the end of the season like Ping has done with their G and i 10 series, but they will not be released with the rest of the Taylor Made equipment. All of the sales samples are already produced and out for this year's TM line.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    It's a Taylor Made reps job to know what is coming to retail and what is not. They have to get commitment and numbers LONG before the product goes into retail. I asked him again a couple of days ago and he said there are no plans for these irons to be anything besides Tour. You might see them at the end of the season like Ping has done with their G and i 10 series, but they will not be released with the rest of the Taylor Made equipment. All of the sales samples are already produced and out for this year's TM line.
    I do not agree with the part about a reps job to what is coming. I have been at various demo days attended by reps that I have known more about upcoming products than they did. I suppose that depends on the rep in your area, but I have run into a few that just did not know.

My thoughts exactly Michael. I'm sorry Edmonton but i have a feeling your going to eat your words about these irons.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I do not agree with the part about a reps job to what is coming. I have been at various demo days attended by reps that I have known more about upcoming products than they did. I suppose that depends on the rep in your area, but I have run into a few that just did not know.
    I guess it would all depend on what type of 'rep' was being talked about. If it is the local guy that shows up at local club demo days, then I doubt they would have much knowledge but if it is the 'rep' that is at all the major golf shows, then I would assume the they would have to be in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I guess it would all depend on what type of 'rep' was being talked about. If it is the local guy that shows up at local club demo days, then I doubt they would have much knowledge but if it is the 'rep' that is at all the major golf shows, then I would assume the they would have to be in the know.
    Exactly what I'm trying to explain.

John...Do you not think REAL reps are in contact with the big wigs at head office? The rep I know spends 50% of his time on his Blackberry emailing back and forth with the office. It's his job to know whether you like it or not. It's also his job to carry sales samples of ALL the upcoming product from his company so he can have it at selling shows for retailers to place orders based on what they see.

There was a buying show for all golf products including clothing this past week and EVERYTHING, even the new Callaway product was at the show. Titleist and Cobra had all their product there and it is not scheduled to hit retailers until late next Spring, in fact nobody has even seen which irons Titleist has to offer next season except whoever was at the show.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Titleist and Cobra had all their product there and it is not scheduled to hit retailers until late next Spring, in fact nobody has even seen which irons Titleist has to offer next season except whoever was at the show.
    So....tell us about the putters...

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    So....tell us about the putters...
    They had two Cameron putters there. One of them was the new mallet style which had 'Proto' marked on it. The other was square looking. I didn't get a close look at it because there were three or four guys putting with it the entire time I was there.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I think I just soiled myself a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    Pics from golfwrx.com

These irons looks great! I could see these in your bag Jordo.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Just a heads up there guys to keep this on the TaylorMade track
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

My thoughts exactly Michael. I'm sorry Edmonton but i have a feeling your going to eat your words about these irons.
    Just thought I'd follow up on this thread.

These irons will be Japan release only and there are no plans to release them in the US until perhaps the end of 2008.

The irons can be had if you want to order them from tourspecgolf, but they will not be released for retail in North America.

Our Pro, Shawn Croden, was at the Pro Am in Mexico with the Executive VP of Taylor Made and those were the exact words that came out of his mouth. They played together in the Pro-Am.

Guess the rep I spoke to knows what he's talking about.

Just thought I'd follow up on this thread.

These irons will be Japan release only and there are no plans to release them in the US until perhaps the end of 2008.

The irons can be had if you want to order them from tourspecgolf, but they will not be released for retail in North America.

Our Pro, Shawn Croden, was at the Pro Am in Mexico with the Executive VP of Taylor Made and those were the exact words that came out of his mouth. They played together in the Pro-Am.

Guess the rep I spoke to knows what he's talking about.

You said that they weren't coming to North America I thought? According to your post we will probably see then 2008??

You said that they weren't coming to North America I thought? According to your post we will probably see then 2008??

retail will not see them. I already asked the TM rep about getting a forged R7 and he said it's Tour only this upcoming year.
    When I said this upcoming year, I mean for this golf season. The end of 2008 is NEXT Fall or possible winter, which would be new for 2009.

Aha, it seemed to me like you were saying that these irons were never coming to retail or North America...

Aha, it seemed to me like you were saying that these irons were never coming to retail or North America...
    Nah, just no retail this year as I said in my original post. We just got confirmation of that when our CPGA Pro played in that Pro-Am and spoke with the Vice President of the company. If he doesn't know what's going on, there's definitely something wrong.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Nah, just no retail this year as I said in my original post. We just got confirmation of that when our CPGA Pro played in that Pro-Am and spoke with the Vice President of the company. If he doesn't know what's going on, there's definitely something wrong.
    Where ya been hidin' Billy? In the bush?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information