100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge GarrettDav is on a distinguished road

Extending driver through impact

Hey guys. I was reading something on Tiger woods driver swing and he has been doing something along the lines of trying to extend the driver out as far as he can in frint of him after impact. I was just wondering if this does anything to help. I usually slice the ball...sometimes bad and sometimes just slightly. Would this technique help me reduce the slice? Also, do you guys know any drills that I could do to help me learn how to turn over my driver through impact? Would this help reduce the slice I get on my shots? Any other advice would be appreciated.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have the same problem but one drill that has helped me tremendously is to take pratice strokes with your feet together which makes it difficult to swing the club out to in. The complementary drill to this one is to take your regular stance and swing the club to the 3 oclock position (if RH) and ensure the club (arm) is parallel to your target line with the toe of the club pointing straight up and then swing the club through to 9 oclock again finishing with the toe up. These drills help you feel the swing and rotation of the back arm rolling over ont he trhough swing. These drills are great as you can do them indoors or in the back yard.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information