Arrived with my dad Friday morning at 10 naively hoping to make into the stands at No.1 tee only to learn from a marshall that they had been full since 8:30 (3:15 hours before the first group teed off)

Ended up on in a good spot next to the fourth green with an excellent view of No.2 green as well. The second hole is short (380 yds?)and the players were knocking it stiff all day. Most groups halved with birdies. Angel Caberra's drive wound up just 30 yds short of the green. He bombs it.

Mickelson was short-sided on No.4 and hit his patented flopper to six feet then drained the putt. The shot didn't go as high as I expected but landed perfectly in the 3-foot circle he needed to find. The fourth was playing 501 yds into a light breeze. Of the first four groups, only Goosen hit the green in reg. Tiger was pin-high right and eventually drained a 15-footer for par. He has a huge entourage of media and security following him inside the ropes...

Then we moved the grandstands next to the 13 tee. I heard Adam Scott's caddie say it was 237 to the pin (cut back left and protect by sand). Most guys were hitting long irons to the middle of the green. O'Hern, Zach Johnson and Stricker hit hybrids and Verplank hit a five-wood. Best shot was Cink to 6-8 ft and he made it... Els, Scott, Stricker, Weir and Verplank also hit great shots to 15-20 ft range (Verplank's richocheted off Adam Scott ball). Lucas Glover flared one into the right trap but I love the way he plays - simply tees it up and hits it, no futzing around.

I was there on Wednesday also and was very impressed with Choi. A couple of fans were pushy about getting stuff signed but he handled it very well and made a sincere effort to please everyone.

Saw Ernie hitting a fairway wood on the range, every one a towering draw that landed close to the target flag. The man oozes talent, I can't believe he doesn't win more. Same goes for Adam Scott, if he could putt a little better... Geoff Ogilvy's another natural. Walks around like he's wearing slippers.

Obviously, they all hit the ball so solidly and long but I did see my share of wayward shots. Charles Howell was spraying the ball all over the course and Appleby looked to be fighting his swing as well. It's fun to see them pound driver but I've seen a few Nationwide events and they hit it just as far (except for maybe Tiger and Cabrera). What really impresses me is their irons games. Yes the greens were very receptive but they were knocking the pins down on almost every hole. So fun to watch the world's best in attack mode.