CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Yes. Juniors 16 and under are free when sponsored by a full adult member.
    That doesn't cover the spouse.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    No, but at our current rates, it would be hard to go lower than $298 on 2 adult memberships plus all your kids 16 and under.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

Smile RM vs EG

I asked EG if they would be coming up with any deals to match the $99 and got a reply that their price was already competitive and that they had a better course selection. I will miss Sorcier but this price is too good to pass on.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    I asked EG if they would be coming up with any deals to match the $99 and got a reply that their price was already competitive and that they had a better course selection. I will miss Sorcier but this price is too good to pass on.
    That's odd - a friend of mine on the Slammer Tour bought a $230 EG package or something like that which included 6 "free" games at $20 a pop.

Having said all that, though, I'm having a hard time thinking about 2008 memberships while I try to hang on to 2007 for another 4-6 (or more, I hope!) weeks!!!

Forget about 2008, guys! The golf show's still what, about 5 months away?! Carpe diem, folks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
    That's odd - a friend of mine on the Slammer Tour bought a $230 EG package or something like that which included 6 "free" games at $20 a pop.
    More money out of your pocket up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
    Forget about 2008, guys! The golf show's still what, about 5 months away?! Carpe diem, folks!!!
    True, but the best prices on these memberships is now until Nov 30 so it makes sense to be thinking about it now.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Dan is your sign-up price including all taxes and what about your posted daily rates--I think they are taxable as well ? If this is the case then I can find very little price difference between the two plans---at least not enough to say one is better than the other. I think a lot is going to depend on service and right now there seems to be a communication problem with one.

I'm not promoting or knocking either one ---I'm just stating a fact.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

GST is not included in our posted prices. No PST is charged.

7 Wood Newbie is on a distinguished road
    I am a first year golfer who played with Executive Golf this year. I am also a loyal customer with every service provider who executes superior service, attention to their customers and provision of their service at good price. I will continue to be a member of Executive golf for next season. I am sure that all providers in this market try to do the same but for me my second year of golfing will be with Executive Golf's "P" package. I love the courses, the ability to book games on-line, the last minute club, the "weather" specials and the fine customer service in the 2 times I felt I need that extra care and feeding from Executive Golf. Took three guys at work with me on the Executive golf journey this year and not only will these three buy 2008 memberships four more will follow I believe.

6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road
    After looking over all the options (EG, CG, and RM) I have chosen EG.

CG has the lowest prices but the lack of online booking is a major failing. I have better things to do with my time than wait on hold to (hopefully) get a spot at a course I want. If they move their business model forward into this decade I will consider them in the future.

RM was the highest priced (cost per round) and were lacking some key courses.

EG offered the best combination of courses/spots and price. They gave me a trial membership for the last month and I found the system easy to use and I had little or no trouble getting the course I wanted.

Now if we could just get winter out of the way I'll be all set for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehmcee View Post
    EG offered the best combination of courses/spots and price. They gave me a trial membership for the last month and I found the system easy to use and I had little or no trouble getting the course I wanted.
    Lets compare notes next year. Bugsy and I signed up with RM for next year.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I'll compare notes with you right now..............

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I'll compare notes with you right now..............
    Wouldn't be fair, I haven't been a member of RM yet

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Fair?? Who said anything about being fair?

I'll let you know how it goes. Keep in mind my preferences for courses might not be the same. There were a few courses that I felt the system HAD TO HAVE and that was a key consideration for me.

RM would have been more competitive on the pricing but EG added 6 'free' rounds to their early bird packages.

Our Early Bird is $149. Good until Nov 30.
    They are $239 including 6 rounds @$20 so that's worth $120.

They are basically collecting more money up front, but the actual benefit for your additional $90 spent now is just $30.

As I said previously and I think this may come into play in the future---I have queiried them with several notes regarding their pricing concerning some courses---NO ANSWER. I have also asked about a line they have on their advertising page "prices and courses subject to change" NO ANSWER. It would be a shame to find out when spring arrives that your favorite courses are no longer available.

I am hoping that this is not a sign of the times or attitude.

Still hoping for answers

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I have queiried them...
    Who are you talking about?

EG has responded to every email I have sent them (10+) and it has never taken more than 24 hours to get a response (usualy 3-5 hours).

I asked EG about changes to the course list and this was the response.

"...if you signed up with us, and you found in April our course list was quite a bit weaker than you anticipated, and wanted a refund as a result, we would honor that request."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Our Early Bird is $149. Good until Nov 30.
    They are $239 including 6 rounds @$20 so that's worth $120.

They are basically collecting more money up front, but the actual benefit for your additional $90 spent now is just $30.
    That is correct. Then you have to figure in that the fees are equal or less each time you play making EG cheaper (and they won out on MY course comparison too).

Yes the 'savings' is only $30 right now but if you know somewhere else I can 'invest' money for the next 6 months and 'make' a 33% return on it I would like to know about it

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    I joined RM this year because I liked the advantage of the online booking. I purchased the membership that included 15 free games. As of now, I still have 6 remaining due to my limited playing time. I can only play weekends (May - Mid Sept) and don't have access to a computer during the day. My only negative remark was that my preferred courses were always booked up in advance. I'm not a great golfer by far, but with kids, i need to play courses close by. I think I played Meadows a total of 3 times this year and my first three rounds of the year were at Hammond because everything else close by was booked. I'm not sure how it works, but RM needs to have more spots available at these courses. It's always the same courses remaining that thave spots available.

I was introduced to EG last minute club and I think that's a great deal! Specials such as Outaouais, Sorcier, and Canadian for 20 bucks with cart along with their remaining spots open at various courses around the area. For a weekend golfer this is great because there is always a variety around town and not having to travel too far.

Both memberships are great for the everyday golfer who can play anytime. I think before deciding on one, find out how many spots are available at each course listed that you like to play before making a decision. That way you will have other options if certain courses that you prefer are booked.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Ehmcee View Post
    Who are you talking about?

EG has responded to every email I have sent them (10+) and it has never taken more than 24 hours to get a response (usualy 3-5 hours).

I asked EG about changes to the course list and this was the response.

"...if you signed up with us, and you found in April our course list was quite a bit weaker than you anticipated, and wanted a refund as a result, we would honor that request."

It was Executive Golf---if the answer you gave is correct--then no problem. I have saved my e-mails---after 4 years with them I'm just p----d that I did not get a response; and I am not the only one.

In my opinion they are slightly more expensive --I'm talking pennies here based on playing 36 games. The extra cost is more than made up for in the fact that they do have a great cancellation policy.

They started out great and I think they are still on top of the pile but I think they could take a lesson from RM in customer feedback and response.

I am resigning for next year

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    Dan,

Have you ever thought about polling the members to see which courses they would like added (I know that it's not always feasible to add a course) and which ones they could do without on the current list? I know some people chime in on this message board and you take all suggestions into consideration but would a poll provide better feedback.

With concerns to removing courses from the list, I'm only speculating that people could do without the purchased memberships at several of the RM courses (i.e. Richmond Centennial, Poplar Grove, Royal Papineau, Thurso) Personally I'd rather see this money put towards more memberships at the popular courses or new additions based on desire of the members.

Perhaps you could put up a poll listing the courses that MAY be available for purchase. I know EG and Corporate both have certain courses that RM does not. I have also created a comparison list of courses from all 3 sites. If anyone could send me the price list for CG next year I can add this to the sheet.

Let me know if you'd be interested in seeing the comparison list (if you haven't already done this yourself)

Thanks,
    Jason
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I could send it to you tomorrow, however all courses are either 12$, 14$ or 16$ next year with CG, with the exception of the mandatory cart courses like Outaouais and Le Sorcier.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    I could send it to you tomorrow, however all courses are either 12$, 14$ or 16$ next year with CG, with the exception of the mandatory cart courses like Outaouais and Le Sorcier.
    I already updated his list for him this morning.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Hi Dan,

I really like your online systems... perhaps, you could outsource some of the services to CG as they are quite outdated (by forcing people to phone)... I inquired about bulding an online system for CG but they did not have the $ (or time) to do it themself...(That was during the last spring show)

Regards

Monday Qualifier Drew is on a distinguished road

Executive Golf

This was my first year with EG and I played 47 rounds with them and had a great time. I just renewed for next year and have had a few friends join as well.
    Never an issue, and looking forward to next year!
    Drew

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    Hi Dan,

I really like your online systems... perhaps, you could outsource some of the services to CG as they are quite outdated (by forcing people to phone)... I inquired about bulding an online system for CG but they did not have the $ (or time) to do it themself...(That was during the last spring show)

Regards
    CG actually did a survey of their members (sent out with their July Tournament invite) to see if there was an interest in on-line booking. Apparently there wasn't enough interest. I actually prefer the phone system as I can call from anywhere.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    you can always offer both... (I.e. EC does take bookings over the phone besides the online)...both booking methods are not in conflict...

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    CG actually did a survey of their members (sent out with their July Tournament invite) to see if there was an interest in on-line booking. Apparently there wasn't enough interest. I actually prefer the phone system as I can call from anywhere.
    Me too, to be honest. At home, on the road, at work...

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I would love to see both options available.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    WOW, this is a long thread. I was thinking of signing up for one of these types of memberships as well. There was on for sale in the Classified section about 3-4 months ago. It was for 20 pre-paid rounds at some pretty good courses. Anyone remember what it was? The dude was selling 2 of these memberships for $400 or something. I still regret not buying them. Any know which one that was? It included courses all over ottawa, Marshes was one of them.

Anyway, so which is better? I'm going to be in the west end most of next season. Is RM better for me, CG, better for me or EG? I would def. be going with the early bird option

Thread Information