CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Sorry BM, that isn't it - I normally start refreshing 4 different browser instances 15 minutes before the hour......

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    I'm with Rogers

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hmmm---you must be using dial-up Gotcha
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hmmm---you must be using dial-up Gotcha
    Nah - I'm blaming it on the "Old Boys" network.........freaking retirees with nothing else to do than steal tee-off times from us hard working employed folks

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I understand your frustration, but that last comment is kinda bordering on a forum rules infringement. Please keep it cool, and switch to RM if that's an issue. I assure you our software does not play favorites.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Anyway--back on topic---I have found that any questions asked of EG and RM have been answered fairly but when the same questions were put to CG and A-La -Carte they actually said it's none of your business. It seems that if you wanted to know the ratio of members vs spots available-it was like a crap shoot---pay your $ and take your chances.

EG and RM shows you in real time what is available---the others are always late

My only complaint is that once the club realizes you are a "discount club member" you are sometimes treated less fairly than a full paying green fee player. As far as I am concerned a full membership is bought by EG and RM and we should be afforded the same rights as any club members----as far as t-times are concerned. The clubs would not be selling these corporate packages if there was no advantage to them.

For goodness sakes why should we have to ride at a club when you can easily walk?

Anyway either of the above two are on the up and up.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    My only complaint is that once the club realizes you are a "discount club member" you are sometimes treated less fairly than a full paying green fee player.
    I am curious, how so Brian? How do they treat you differently? I am joining RM next year so I would be interested in your response.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I am sure he is referring to Outaouais requirement of a cart for memberships like those held by RM and EG. EG has them in their roster and we (RM) do not. We recently approached them for next season but we decided not to go for it due to this issue.

These memberships often have limitations attached. It comes down to accepting the restrictions or not buying the memberships.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    I am sure he is refering to Outaouais requirement of a cart for memberships like those held by RM and EG. EG has Outaouias in ther roster and we (RM) do not. We recently approached Outaouias for next season but we decided not to go for it due to this issue.
    Anyway they have weekend restrictions i.e after 12 on weekends and hollidays. No good for the early birds. Same with Sorcier and Chateau Cartier.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    I love the cart deal at Outaouais. Availed myself of it about ten times this year.

One of the reasons was the cart deal with Outaouis---why be forced to pay for a cart when you don't need one-----this was a restriction made by the members at the course. The other was once you said you were a discount member the very good t-times were gone (won't mention courses) has happened three times.

As far as restrictions Dan---are these restrictions on corporate memberships---I was always under the assumption that corporate memberships were more expensive. If so why the restrictions?

Anyway the EG and RM memberships are great and an excellent client value----I can always find something to criticize

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Thanks Big Mac.... if its just the cart thing, that doesn't bother me at all cause until I have my knee replacement this winter, I have to take a cart anyway and probably will have to for a while after it is replaced.

Being a long time member of Outaouais I know for a fact that the members are PO'ed at the discount golf companies of the world for allowing people to play there for less than half the green fee Frankly, I didn't care, it was revenue for the club and tee times that weren't being used by the members. Interestingly enough, members can see all the available tee times online and often you would see more than the allowed number of XX (2 of the companies that will go unmentioned) memberships marked down and I always laughed cause one of the foursomes was always in there, it appeared as if they were Outaouais members there were there so often
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

A new knee???? no I won't say it!

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Been with CG for 4 years now and often wonder how when re-dialling on two lines, from 1 minute before 7AM, I end up on hold for 10+ minutes.

However since I live and play in the far west it doesn't much matter, I get the courses I like. (Whitetail, Oaks, Renfrew, Calabogie)

I also find the staff at CG very good. This year there were two mistakes (out of 40+ ) on booking courses and CG cleared them up very much to my satisfaction.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    [QUOTE=stevek;210463]Been with CG for 4 years now and often wonder how when re-dialling on two lines, from 1 minute before 7AM, I end up on hold for 10+ minutes.

I hacve this same problem, but being in the East I have a hard time getting the course I want at times? I was all for online booking but they decided to stay with the phone system. They did assure me more courses and spots would be added but I think it would also benefit them to stop selling memberships. I'll renew for next year again as it saves me money.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Being from the "South Side" it's great. Just you have to PLAN to play dates and book accordingly or you will play Poplar Grove 24/7 like I did this year .

FWiW though I'd play poplar grove over manderly any day of the week, no waiting, it's closer and besides not the best maintained fairwarys / teeboxes it is a fair test of golf w/ long and challenging par 4's abound.

Don't count on playing meadows everyday though...

6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone have the green fee price list for Corporate Golf?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehmcee View Post
    Does anyone have the green fee price list for Corporate Golf?
    Unfortunately its not available on line, and the prices are changing for 2008. Prices will be 12$, 14$ or 16$ depending on the course with some exceptions. I.e le Sorcier will be 32 with cart I think. Some restrictions do apply as well. Cheers,

Do you have the 2007 price list?

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgoo View Post
    I have also experienced Hacker's observation re EG.
    That's interesting - I do know the right people but don't have any special privileges. I have experienced difficulty the very odd time getting a spot at 9:00am but that's generally because I'm a member of the Slammer Tour and in all likelihood a half dozen other Slammers were sitting there waiting to book a spot at the golf course where an event is being held on that day...

But when it comes to booking a random spot at a random course (when playing with a friend or with relatives), I haven't seen that - I certainly haven't been invited to become a "super privilege" person who can book before everyone else and I'm friends with most of the principals there at EG.

If it's a matter of having too few spaces at a given popular golf course that you or Hacker are looking at, maybe e-mailing them to see what the odds of getting more spots in '08 are.

BullDog

Do you have the 2007 price list?
    Only at home as it was never posted electronically, however is was 12 or 16 dollars. The 14 is new.

I sure hope the prices don't increase---they have been going up steadily for the past 4 years but not in the same percentages as if you were a regular green-fee player. If you look at what is charged for certain courses the comparables are out of whack. IMO I am not saying every discount club is guilty (whew) glad I didn't forget that The discount clubs are great--they help the courses and they help us--I certaintly could not play 75 rounds a year at full price----unless--no I wont say it

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    The CG annual fee has gone down if you buy before October 31st. There are now a number of courses at $14 (from $12)

If you look at a year of 40 games you will be paying 40X14(avg) + the $250annual = $810 for the privilege of playing quite a large number of courses. I still think it's a steal!

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    The CG annual fee has gone down if you buy before October 31st. There are now a number of courses at $14 (from $12)

If you look at a year of 40 games you will be paying 40X14(avg) + the $250annual = $810 for the privilege of playing quite a large number of courses. I still think it's a steal!
    Oh it's a good deal alright ---all I question is the comparison rates--

So here is what's new at RM as of today.
    1. Full Memberships Down $50 - Early bird price until Nov 31 is just $149 Regular price Now Just $199 – Down $50 from 2007
    2. NEW – Last Minute membership - Just $29 Book 1 day in advance.
    3. NEW FREE Junior memberships -16 Yrs and under
      Must be sponsored by a full member Sponsor must contact us to arrange Sponsor is billed for juniors fees.
    4. No fall price increase in for Platinum members, but we cannot promise to keep this price for spring. Get it while the price is locked.
    5. More courses. Definately something in the west end. Stay tuned.

Try and add Anderson Links too Just voicing my wishlist

Dan, should the membership plus 15 game pack not be $50 cheaper? It seems to reflect the $50 early bird price but not the $50 reduction in the rate (or vice versa) - unless you have increased the price of this package by $50.

Quote Originally Posted by dH View Post
    Try and add Anderson Links too Just voicing my wishlist
    I don't think the Pattersons (Cloverdale, Anderson, Emerald) participate in these type of Memberships. Although someone told me Cloverdale was available last year for a month with Corporate Golf.

It's all up to Dan selling the program. Some people won't budge but most things in life depend on timing and presentation.

I don't think the Pattersons (Cloverdale, Anderson, Emerald) participate in these type of Memberships. Although someone told me Cloverdale was available last year for a month with Corporate Golf.

The "Membership Plus" was already discounted compared to the full price + 15 rounds.

As it is now, $149 + (15*$20=$300) = $459 so we feel that $425 is a fair price.

Check EG's pricing, we are lower accross the board.

As for the Patterson courses (EL AL CL) These memberships are not offered.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 10-09-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Thread Information